Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
My 2019 Slash 9.8 final form for the season. Any upgrade ideas?

-X01 derailleur, cassette, chain, shifter, OR Eagle AXS
-RC2 damper. or a New Lyrik Ultimate!!
-A rear shock if you don't like the stock. I don't really have any issues with mine, it's dialed and I can easily service it all in house. I would consider a Super Deluxe myself, so many options and riding styles. I love coil but I ride trail mostly and I like the air shock better
-AXS Reverb Dropper

Good ideas. I was actually thinking of slowly upgrading to XO1 when things wear out. Do you think it’s worth the extra $$$? Also I’m pretty happy with my suspension thus far (maybe upgrade the damper in the fork) but I curious about coils. Do you think, when the change the slash again, that they will spec it with a coil? I’ve seen a ton of riders putting coil on their treks.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
MrDiamondDave wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
My 2019 Slash 9.8 final form for the season. Any upgrade ideas?

-X01 derailleur, cassette, chain, shifter, OR Eagle AXS
-RC2 damper. or a New Lyrik Ultimate!!
-A rear shock if you don't like the stock. I don't really have any issues with mine, it's dialed and I can easily service it all in house. I would consider a Super Deluxe myself, so many options and riding styles. I love coil but I ride trail mostly and I like the air shock better
-AXS Reverb Dropper

Good ideas. I was actually thinking of slowly upgrading to XO1 when things wear out. Do you think it’s worth the extra $$$? Also I’m pretty happy with my suspension thus far (maybe upgrade the damper in the fork) but I curious about coils. Do you think, when the change the slash again, that they will spec it with a coil? I’ve seen a ton of riders putting coil on their treks.

The coil to me is better if your shuttling a lot and or like to hit big stuff, or just like one because they are buttery smooth. I just like to be able to have air pressure and weight and more platform adjustments. If I could I would buy an Eleven Six shock.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 1:29 Quote
My nearly finished 9.9

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 2:18 Quote
I posted my GF's bike earlier in the thread, and the shop owner who we got it from just built this beast. Remedy 9.9 with X01 AXS everything and MT7s Drool

Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 2:39 Quote
woule be 10/10 wirh X2 in the back Wink

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
davidrobinsonphoto wrote:
I posted my GF's bike earlier in the thread, and the shop owner who we got it from just built this beast. Remedy 9.9 with X01 AXS everything and MT7s Drool

Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop
Berni s Bike Shop

Wowwww

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the 2020 Remedy/Slash will be launched? Can't imagine it'll be that long since Trek have released the 2020 Top Fuel

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
AD4M wrote:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the 2020 Remedy/Slash will be launched? Can't imagine it'll be that long since Trek have released the 2020 Top Fuel
Usually around July it will be announced to the public. Dealers find out a bit sooner about new models and spec

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
You guys think it would be a completely new bike, or just 'better' parts slapped in? *cough* Thru-shaft *cough*

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
boylagz wrote:
You guys think it would be a completely new bike, or just 'better' parts slapped in? *cough* Thru-shaft *cough*

It will probably something similar the remedy this year. Where they change it slightly, nothing dramatic. Maybe they will do a full carbon frame on the 9.7-9.8 like the top fuel?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
To be fair though, the Thrushaft in my bike isnt too bad. Took out 1 token and it feels pretty different, in a good way. Was gonna get the megneg kit but I'll wait. Just the damn GRIP damper on the fork... Thumbs Down

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
boylagz wrote:

It will probably something similar the remedy this year. Where they change it slightly, nothing dramatic. Maybe they will do a full carbon frame on the 9.7-9.8 like the top fuel?

I would hope not. The 9.7 Remedy is a cracking deal, with a sick selection of components for €3.5k. That same amount in new Top Fuel gets you a Reba, NX and not even deore brakes.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
boylagz wrote:

I would hope not. The 9.7 Remedy is a cracking deal, with a sick selection of components for €3.5k. That same amount in new Top Fuel gets you a Reba, NX and not even deore brakes.

Honestly I’d rather it come with a full carbon frame and lesser than parts. You can always upgrade components (which you would most likely end up doing) but you can’t upgrade the rear triangleMoon

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Rusnak wrote:

Honestly I’d rather it come with a full carbon frame and lesser than parts. You can always upgrade components (which you would most likely end up doing) but you can’t upgrade the rear triangleMoon

Biggest take away from the new Top Fuel Launch is that all carbon models are FULL Carbon. So I bet we will see all 9.7, 9.8 9.9 Slash and remedy go full carbon. I think the Slash might stay the same, but i hope they fix the seat tube angle a bit,

I know a new redesigned Fuel EX is coming/..................... Smile

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
What are your settings on stock Slash RS shock guys? Can't seem to dial it to the fullest. Use around 28% sag and 7 clicks rebound away from slow side.

I seek as much plushness as I can get on the rocky wild trails that surround me. I even guess I'll have to upgrade to Fox X2 at some point. :S

For pedaling, stock shock is awesome tho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014859
Mobile Version of Website