Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
Bikenhiken wrote:
Cole351 wrote:
Bikenhiken wrote:
Is anyone running an super deluxe ultimate coil on their Remedy? Looking for upgrading my 9.7 ‘19 shock. Seems RockShox is selling the new shocks in the 230x57.5 size.

Think my rooty and muddy riding would feel amazing with a coil shock..!

I'm getting one installed as we speak, I'll let you know once I get to ride it.

Would love to hear it. Which one did you get?

I got the Super Deluxe Select+ off a Megatower. They had to replace the bottom eyelet with one that fit the Remedy's hardware, but I got such a good deal on the shock I didn't really mind spending a bit extra to have that done.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
Look at that new parallel video, if you notice they are running the super deluxe coil

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Look at that new parallel video, if you notice they are running the super deluxe coil

Good spot! They are even riding remedys.

https://www.trekbikes.com/nl/nl_NL/remedy-parallel/

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
I’m looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2018 Slash 9.7. Currently debating wether to upgrade the fork or shock first. Any opinions? I ride mostly in Pisgah NC

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
I’m looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2018 Slash 9.7. Currently debating wether to upgrade the fork or shock first. Any opinions? I ride mostly in Pisgah NC

I have a 9.7 and did the shock first. I would take this approach again if I were to get another bike. I ride Pisgah as well, and the coil was a tremendous upgrade on the bike. For a small bit I rode with the Yari/CC coil combo and it handled Pisgah (Bennet, Black, buckwheat, etc) well enough.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:

I have a 9.7 and did the shock first. I would take this approach again if I were to get another bike. I ride Pisgah as well, and the coil was a tremendous upgrade on the bike. For a small bit I rode with the Yari/CC coil combo and it handled Pisgah (Bennet, Black, buckwheat, etc) well enough.

Yeah I could always add the debonair spring and hold on to it for a bit.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
I've put charger2 and debonair 170 shaft. Great fork now

Also planing on shock upgrade in future, maybe Fox float x2, as i like to pedal aswell, but dunno how big of an upgrade that would be compared to stock shock.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
The 2020 remedy just dropped. It looks friggin dope!!

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
Link to the 2020 Remedy 9.7 on US website, rest of the range hasn't appeared yet

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/remedy/remedy-9-7/p/28511/?colorCode=bluedark

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
The upgraded Lyrik fork is nice to see.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Rusnak wrote:

so it went full carbon with the same specs and gained a half lb? weird.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Rusnak wrote:

probably front tire and fork

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Rusnak wrote:

I was gonna say, Front tire is most likely the reason. But still, you'd think it would have dropped weight somewhere...

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
Hm interesting if Gained weight the tires are that much bigger

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:

I was gonna say, Front tire is most likely the reason. But still, you'd think it would have dropped weight somewhere...

The weight difference in modern aluminum and carbon isn’t substantial anymore. Now carbon is mostly ride quality along with very slim weight saving. You won’t really notice any weight difference unless you have a full carbon frame, wheels and bars f.e

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024003
Mobile Version of Website