Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
Maybe a crazy question guys but... has anyone run 650b on a slash? I think I want a slash but some of the riding I do just doesnt require 29 inch.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
thomasfuelex wrote:
Maybe a crazy question guys but... has anyone run 650b on a slash? I think I want a slash but some of the riding I do just doesnt require 29 inch.

What? That is a crazy question. What type of riding are you doing? What do you ride now?

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 17:57 Quote
thomasfuelex wrote:

You need a Remedy sir

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 3:36 Quote
Had a remedy for a bit, riding a slash currently but it's not mine. Why is it so crazy? I'm seeing bikes with 2 different wheel sizes on them, surely it's not that u reasonable to swap wheel sizes?

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
thomasfuelex wrote:
Had a remedy for a bit, riding a slash currently but it's not mine. Why is it so crazy? I'm seeing bikes with 2 different wheel sizes on them, surely it's not that u reasonable to swap wheel sizes?

Can it fit 27.5" plus? That's what I would try.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
ctburton wrote:
thomasfuelex wrote:

Can it fit 27.5" plus? That's what I would try.

It would work. You will just have to run it in high mode and deal with the low bottom bracket.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17392777/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17392775/

Just after the free hub broke. Just free spins forwards. 21 miles on it after it just spent 3 weeks at trek getting an overhaul. I don't think I have ever had anything in my life that has been in more for warranty work. Pretty sure I have bought this bike again in labor/replacement parts.

Enve M7 bars and stem. (Damaged original bars in a crash and all the screws were worn out for the stem because they were off so many times for headset issues)

G2 brakes (Guide Rs would not hold a bleed) I have 21 miles on these so far and they are slightly better but yea.

Galfer rotors (203/180)

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 11:32 Quote

Got the Hydra I9's and matchy stem on my whip Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:

Got the Hydra I9's and matchy stem on my whip Smile

That looks pretty top notch! Nice!

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
Hey everyone! I recently asked if a leaky shock is a warranty issue and everyone said it was good to ride as long as it wasnt pissing oil out, so i did. But the shock after a big day on sunday is making a weird knocking noise when i unweight the shock is mid travel (im compressing then lifting my toes then compressing again). Could anyone help if they have been in this situation? Im wondering will the 50 hour service sort this out or will it need a full rebuild. Im on a 2019 Slash 8. Love the bike but the shock is taking the piss

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
Has anyone gone from the fox 36 performance to the 36 factory and noticed a major difference on a slash? I’m thinking of upgrading, I’m happy with the fork the way it is but if there’s a performance difference I’ll upgrade

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Has anyone gone from the fox 36 performance to the 36 factory and noticed a major difference on a slash? I’m thinking of upgrading, I’m happy with the fork the way it is but if there’s a performance difference I’ll upgrade
Helm all the way, I’m done with fox and their problems with bushings and creaking steerers. Not to mention it’s cheaper and your supporting a small US company who is made up of a bunch of rad people.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
Rusnak wrote:

You can replace the Grip Damper in your fork with a Grip 2 Damper for around $300. You'd then have performance darn near equivalent of the Factory fork minus the Kashima coating.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
Rusnak wrote:

I second StumpyJR's comment; the Helm is awesome on the Slash. The guys at Cane Creek are also awesome to work with.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
Rusnak wrote:

I spoke to the guys at sola sports Australia distributor for fox, wanted to by upgraded damper and they talked me out of it. Unless you really need the extra adjustment there is not really a noticeable difference in feel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015510
Mobile Version of Website