Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
Cole351 wrote:
photo
Put a Super Deluxe Coil Select+ off of a Megatower on my Remedy. It's like a whole new bike on the downhill and still climbs decent!

How did you deal with the lower bearing eyelet on the shock?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Helm is hands down better than any other fork I have ever ridden
photo

Hey mate! Have you like de CC DB so far? Im considering putting that shock or the DHX2 on my remedy 8

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 3:19 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a slash 2014-2016 chainstay or a full carbon rear end for the same bike.

Can somebody help me??

Thanks for answers

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
Hey guys I have a slash 2018 9.9 xl.
I was wondering how you guys solved the issue of the slack seat tube.
I had the same problem with an old stumpjumper years back, I bought a fzik saddle specific with long rails.
Is it going to ruin the dropper post bending it forward?

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
Can anyone think of a reasonable explanation for why the 2020 Remedy 9.9 is 1.5lbs heavier than the 2019 Remedy 9.9?

That seems absolutely ridiculous to me...

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Can anyone think of a reasonable explanation for why the 2020 Remedy 9.9 is 1.5lbs heavier than the 2019 Remedy 9.9?

Fork maybe ?

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Backyard trails on my Remedy 9.8
Views: 225    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
I had the same problem with an old stumpjumper years back, I bought a fzik saddle specific with long rails.

It's not that bad IMO

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
rickyvic wrote:

It's not that bad IMO
You use it in high position?

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
rickyvic wrote:

Though I can't speak for the dropper post itself and any additional stain due to a longer saddle, I know my SQ Lab saddle is designed with a longer nose. I can get forward on the saddle on steep climbs, and that's with the saddle mounted in a neutral position on the dropper.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
rickyvic wrote:

It's not that bad IMO
You use it in high position?

Yes. High position, seat forward on the rails and I can climb anything. It's still plenty slack for even the steepest of descents, and I get less pedal strikes.

The "effective" angle isn't terrible because the seat tube itself is oriented farther forward on the bike to start with compared to other bikes. So even though it is a slacker angle, where your body weight ends up being positioned relative to the bike as a whole isn't bad at all. I personally haven't had nearly the issues climbing that I have had in the past with other bikes.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Sometimes weight scales have discrepancies, but in this case, it is related to component materials as the frame is the same.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
2020 Trek Remedy 8 Chromag Edition
New bike day! It's just been invisiframed and I can't wait to ride!

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
Didn't think the embargo on the new bikes had been lifted let alone orders placed!

It's an amazing looking bike though!

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Hi, I'm about to buy a 2020 remedy 8 but I'm unsure whether to buy the 18.5 or the 19.5 as I'm about 5'11. I was told instore the 18.5 would be better but after looking online I'm unsure. I plan on using the bike as an all rounder but I still want it to be flickable in the air andon the trail. Just wondered if you guys could help me out.
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022267
Mobile Version of Website