Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 5:04 Quote

Changed a few things, I9 Hydras and a new Reverb B1 with Wolftooth Sustain lever. This bike is still 30lbs RTR. I love this bike but I think I want to go lighter and the new Fuel EX might be it. Or a downcountry Top Fuel with NO lockouts

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
AD4M wrote:
Am I the only one underwhelmed with the new fuel ex? Thought they would have pushed the boat out with the geometry a bit more and make it more of a rival to the Yeti Sb130 etc. The PB first ride review didn't seem too enthusiastic about it.

Downtube storage is good though

Pinkbike review only one seemingly thinking it sucks to pedal. But does every new bike have to be an enduro bike? Nahmean?

The new fuel makes sense in the lineup for average Joes. For everywhere without a lift and 1000+ ft of vertical, the slash is a great enduro bike already without needing more travel. I hope they don't give it the slayer/enduro/megatower treatment for 2021.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
What fox coil shocks will fit my 2015 Trek Slash 8 Size XL? This stuff is beyond me and I want to make sure im not going to be wasting $500 on a new shock that doesn't fit. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
pAzk wrote:
i even thought about 140 mm in the rear paired with a 150 fork.
would make sence if the shlash would go to 160r/170mm front

I was hoping it’d be 140/150 as well

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:

Changed a few things, I9 Hydras and a new Reverb B1 with Wolftooth Sustain lever. This bike is still 30lbs RTR. I love this bike but I think I want to go lighter and the new Fuel EX might be it. Or a downcountry Top Fuel with NO lockouts

I’m curious how you got the weight down to sub 30lbs when we have almost the same spec as mine with XR tires and I’m sitting at 32.5lbs

Also how do you like the assegai tires? And what did you pair it with in the rear?

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
pAzk wrote:

That would be pointless considering the slash is still 160/150 with “similar” geo

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
pAzk wrote:

That would be pointless considering the slash is still 160/150 with “similar” geo

I agree. I really don't want the slash to go 170 or something. It's good how it is without being a total plow.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

I’m curious how you got the weight down to sub 30lbs when we have almost the same spec as mine with XR tires and I’m sitting at 32.5lbs

Also how do you like the assegai tires? And what did you pair it with in the rear?

Picked the lightest tires in both Assegai and DHR 2 I have a light saddle and XTR pedals. I dunno

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
pAzk wrote:

Pointless for you. And I’m not saying I wouldn’t ride it... though I’d run it 130/150.

The slash is great too. Basically the wagon wheel version of my bike

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
Trek replaced my broken main pivot nut for my race at the end of the month. I wrapped a tube around the chainstay in an attempt to prevent chain slap. It’s still the same as it was without. It’s really starting to drive me nuts.My chain is the right length and the cables are rattle free. I called sram and they are sending me a new derailleur because they think this one might have a bad clutch.

I also threw a assegai up front in the exo + casing . So far, I like it much better than the dhf.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Trek replaced my broken main pivot nut for my race at the end of the month. I wrapped a tube around the chainstay in an attempt to prevent chain slap. It’s still the same as it was without. It’s really starting to drive me nuts.My chain is the right length and the cables are rattle free. I called sram and they are sending me a new derailleur because they think this one might have a bad clutch.

I also threw a assegai up front in the exo + casing . So far, I like it much better than the dhf.

That's good, my GX eagle derailleur had play in the bolt where it attaches to the frame a frw months back, it was causing ghost shifting so sent it back to Sram for warranty, they said it was normal and didn't warranty it. They'll never see any of my money again with service like that.

Rant over, I use 3M mastic tape to quiten the chainstay down on my remedy, it's a lot cleaner looking than wrapping an inner tube around it IMO.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
My 2018 Trek Remedy 8 in
Lenzerheide Switzerland Sunday
[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/r24xgVv[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Blm3Y9s.jpg[/img]

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
Well that didn't work.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 6:17 Quote
AD4M wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

That's good, my GX eagle derailleur had play in the bolt where it attaches to the frame a frw months back, it was causing ghost shifting so sent it back to Sram for warranty, they said it was normal and didn't warranty it. They'll never see any of my money again with service like that.

Rant over, I use 3M mastic tape to quiten the chainstay down on my remedy, it's a lot cleaner looking than wrapping an inner tube around it IMO.
I tried mastic tape (it’s still under the tube ) but it didn’t quiet it down enough

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
Hi there guys, just wanting some advice on sizing for a 2019 trek slash 8. I'm just over 6 foot and wanting to buy the bike while it's on sale. The only size available is 19.5. I'm wondering if this would ok but I'm confused since I've seen on multiple forums people saying that it's too small for them or it fits them perfectly.
Many thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021361
Mobile Version of Website