Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Hi there guys, just wanting some advice on sizing for a 2019 trek slash 8. I'm just over 6 foot and wanting to buy the bike while it's on sale. The only size available is 19.5. I'm wondering if this would ok but I'm confused since I've seen on multiple forums people saying that it's too small for them or it fits them perfectly.
Many thanks

You’ll be fine on a large. Worst case scenario you raise the seat a little bit

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 16:13 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Hi there guys, just wanting some advice on sizing for a 2019 trek slash 8. I'm just over 6 foot and wanting to buy the bike while it's on sale. The only size available is 19.5. I'm wondering if this would ok but I'm confused since I've seen on multiple forums people saying that it's too small for them or it fits them perfectly.
Many thanks

Cheers mate,I'll go for the large then

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

That's good, my GX eagle derailleur had play in the bolt where it attaches to the frame a frw months back, it was causing ghost shifting so sent it back to Sram for warranty, they said it was normal and didn't warranty it. They'll never see any of my money again with service like that.

Rant over, I use 3M mastic tape to quiten the chainstay down on my remedy, it's a lot cleaner looking than wrapping an inner tube around it IMO.

That sucks, I’ve been able to warranty dozens of derailleurs through Sram due to that issue. It’s easy Peezy

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

Trek is a nicely sized. Buy my large. Or buy an xl

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 2:21 Quote

10 Aug 2019 Lenzerheide Switzerland.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 2:38 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

can you demo ride it? im same height as you with a 88cm inseam, and got a 21.5 since the 19.5 felt short.

You are about to buy an expensive bike, best to find something that fits.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 3:06 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

can you demo ride it? im same height as you with a 88cm inseam, and got a 21.5 since the 19.5 felt short.

That's the issue I won't be able to,due to it being an online sale. The only bike I've sat on is a 18.5 remedy since that is the only in store. It was too small but not by loads so I reckon the size up and bigger wheels would fit alright. If all else fails I could exchange it for a 21.5 remedy. But hoping the slash will fit since I want a 29er.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

That's the issue I won't be able to,due to it being an online sale. The only bike I've sat on is a 18.5 remedy since that is the only in store. It was too small but not by loads so I reckon the size up and bigger wheels would fit alright. If all else fails I could exchange it for a 21.5 remedy. But hoping the slash will fit since I want a 29er.

And must be tempting too, knowing that someone else might snatch it up soon Razz
If your inseam is almost same as mine, best to be on a 21.5 frame.
Maybe demo a bike with similar geometry, like the '18 specialized enduro.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
I’m 5’9 and race a 19.5” Slash 8 - if you came in my store to buy a Slash and were over 5’11 I’d recommend the larger frame for most folks

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
I'm just so confused. In slap bang 6 foot with an inseam of 32. It's just so conflicting hearing different veiws. On hear people are saying it's too small but on other forums such as mbr or bike radar people are saying it fits them. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy the large. The place where I'm buying it from have an exchange deal where if it doesn't fit you'll be able to exchange the bike for another one of the same value (in my case the remedy)

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
I'm just so confused. In slap bang 6 foot with an inseam of 32. It's just so conflicting hearing different veiws. On hear people are saying it's too small but on other forums such as mbr or bike radar people are saying it fits them. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy the large. The place where I'm buying it from have an exchange deal where if it doesn't fit you'll be able to exchange the bike for another one of the same value (in my case the remedy)

At 6 foot and 32 inseam the large slash will fit great. I am 5'10" on a large, It feels a little big but works

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:

I have a 33in inseam and I ride the 19.5 with a 33mm stem, it feels good to me so that’s what i ride lol

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
MrDiamondDave wrote:

That's good, my GX eagle derailleur had play in the bolt where it attaches to the frame a frw months back, it was causing ghost shifting so sent it back to Sram for warranty, they said it was normal and didn't warranty it. They'll never see any of my money again with service like that.

Rant over, I use 3M mastic tape to quiten the chainstay down on my remedy, it's a lot cleaner looking than wrapping an inner tube around it IMO.

That sucks, I’ve been able to warranty dozens of derailleurs through Sram due to that issue. It’s easy Peezy

The Sram service centre here in the UK is crap when it comes to warranty, have had friends suffering from various defective sram items which were refused warranty, I'm sure it's different in the US/Canada though.

Either way, I'm just running the drivetrain into the ground and replacing it with Shimano Slx or Xt 12 speed to make my bike full shimano, since bontrager are bringing out the microspline freehub for the line hubs soon.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
AD4M wrote:
MrDiamondDave wrote:

The Sram service centre here in the UK is crap when it comes to warranty, have had friends suffering from various defective sram items which were refused warranty, I'm sure it's different in the US/Canada though.

Either way, I'm just running the drivetrain into the ground and replacing it with Shimano Slx or Xt 12 speed to make my bike full shimano, since bontrager are bringing out the microspline freehub for the line hubs soon.

Does this mean I could just change my current Shimano driver on my Remedy 9.7 (2019) to the microspline? I know the XD driver is around 90 EUR here. Would be awesome if I could go all-Shimano without having to get new wheels / hubs.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Bikenhiken wrote:
AD4M wrote:
MrDiamondDave wrote:

Does this mean I could just change my current Shimano driver on my Remedy 9.7 (2019) to the microspline? I know the XD driver is around 90 EUR here. Would be awesome if I could go all-Shimano without having to get new wheels / hubs.

This is where I got the info from, checks out as Trek do an Xt edition of the 2020 Remedy 8.

https://singletrackworld.com/2019/06/stans-hope-respond-to-shimano-micro-spline-licensing-frustrations/

"One brand that we were able to get confirmation from though is Trek/Bontrager. “As far as Micro Spline goes we are licensed to make it. We already have freehubs in stock for our DT compatible hubs, and will be getting in the Rapid Drive compatible freehubs in July.“

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014879
Mobile Version of Website