Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
These Drivers area available now!

Bontrager part numbers;

Micro Spline Driver 594204
End Cap W586894

This driver should fit all Line Comp, Line Elite, Line Pro, and Line Carbon wheels.

My GX cassette is getting warn out and my GX derailleur is damaged so I might try XT 12 speed. I chatted with Trek online and they gave me these part numbers, called the local Trek store and Trek has these items in stock in their warehouse.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 2:59 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
I'm just so confused. In slap bang 6 foot with an inseam of 32. It's just so conflicting hearing different veiws. On hear people are saying it's too small but on other forums such as mbr or bike radar people are saying it fits them. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy the large. The place where I'm buying it from have an exchange deal where if it doesn't fit you'll be able to exchange the bike for another one of the same value (in my case the remedy)

I'm 6 foot 1 and ride a 19.5 Slash 8 and it fits great. I'd say go for it.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
Benkemp128 wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
I'm just so confused. In slap bang 6 foot with an inseam of 32. It's just so conflicting hearing different veiws. On hear people are saying it's too small but on other forums such as mbr or bike radar people are saying it fits them. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy the large. The place where I'm buying it from have an exchange deal where if it doesn't fit you'll be able to exchange the bike for another one of the same value (in my case the remedy)

I'm 6 foot 1 and ride a 19.5 Slash 8 and it fits great. I'd say go for it.

Same here! The only think is that I need to ride the 150mm dropper higher as I would want. But I'm thinking changing it for a 170-180mm OneUp dropper later this year

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:

If you can wait till tomorrow evening european time I can tell you how a 19,5 slash 8 feels as a 6 foot tall guy with a 35 inseam. My dealer just got one and I'm checking it out tomorrow after work. So then you can question me about it.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
There are so many differing opinions on bike sizing, it seems the only logical step is to demo the Remedy in both a large and XL. Only problem is no one demos them around here (I live in a town known for mountain biking, with like 7 bike shops!). Called Trek and they had no idea what I should do either!

Seems like a lot of money to drop without getting any kind of test ride in. Weird to have such a gray area for a common height (6'1") without good resources for those inquiring.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
There are so many differing opinions on bike sizing, it seems the only logical step is to demo the Remedy in both a large and XL. Only problem is no one demos them around here (I live in a town known for mountain biking, with like 7 bike shops!). Called Trek and they had no idea what I should do either!

Seems like a lot of money to drop without getting any kind of test ride in. Weird to have such a gray area for a common height (6'1") without good resources for those inquiring.

If the Boulder store doesn't have Remedy to demo (which would surprise me), all Trek stores will allow you to "demo" any bike they have in stock if you make it clear that you are intending to buy one. We consider them test rides, its unrealistic to ride a FS bike around the block to get a sense of how it rides.

A little bit of a trip from Breck, but could be worth it!

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
If the Boulder store doesn't have Remedy to demo (which would surprise me), all Trek stores will allow you to "demo" any bike they have in stock if you make it clear that you are intending to buy one. We consider them test rides, its unrealistic to ride a FS bike around the block to get a sense of how it rides.

All Trek stores? Or all Trek dealers? Or is there a difference? MSO and Epic Mountain Gear up here both sell Treks, but neither demo. I asked and made it very clear I was interested in buying.

I suppose I could make the journey down to boulder, and so i guess I'm being a penny pincher, but I'd have to spend the gas money to get down there to demo, pay for the demo and then probably have to spend the gas money to get back down there to pick up the new bike once it's delivered.

Thanks for the heads up tho. I'll look into it!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 1:20 Quote
You get 30 days to return it if you don’t like it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
Dedward2 wrote:

All Trek stores? Or all Trek dealers? Or is there a difference? MSO and Epic Mountain Gear up here both sell Treks, but neither demo. I asked and made it very clear I was interested in buying.

I suppose I could make the journey down to boulder, and so i guess I'm being a penny pincher, but I'd have to spend the gas money to get down there to demo, pay for the demo and then probably have to spend the gas money to get back down there to pick up the new bike once it's delivered.

Trek directly owned stores. Put "Trek Bicycle" into Google Maps and you'll see the Boulder Store. Any fees they charge you can get put towards a bike purchase. Hope you find one you like! I love my Remedy

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
Dedward2 wrote:

Direct owned stores would let you demo, but for private retailers, it would be up to their policy on the bikes they own.

Bicycle Village and Epic Mountain Gear (same ownership) would let you buy and return the bike within 30 days if you find it's not the perfect fit for you!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
trek wrote:

Direct owned stores would let you demo, but for private retailers, it would be up to their policy on the bikes they own.

Bicycle Village and Epic Mountain Gear (same ownership) would let you buy and return the bike within 30 days if you find it's not the perfect fit for you!

Even if the bike is a special order?

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:

If you can wait till tomorrow evening european time I can tell you how a 19,5 slash 8 feels as a 6 foot tall guy with a 35 inseam. My dealer just got one and I'm checking it out tomorrow after work. So then you can question me about it.

Just in case anyone is interested or finds this via Google:
I went and sat on the 19,5 and 21,5 at my LBS. The 19,5 felt somewhat short reachwise but everything felt good. The Dropper still has about 3cm left from the collar to the top of the seat tube. So plenty of space to upgrade to a 170mm dropper. Maybe even a 180, depending on the actual length. The 21,5 felt good concerning reach but also it felt like a really high bike, when seated and climbing and even with a dropped seat it felt like i was on top of the bike and way to high for an attack position.

EDIT: Regarding the dropper: So far the seat was never in the way, so there isn't any real need to get more drop, so I can slam it. It's just pure asthetics
So I went and bought the 19,5. After the first proper ride today I must say it was absoultely perfect for me. For the steep stuff I could still get my weight back far enough, in switchbacks I had to go slow but I still made them, despite Knockblock (Need to get rid of this) and overall it felt pretty bottomless supsensionwise and supple. Also it felt pretty nimble but to me quite fast, I'm sure you could go faster and and more stable in a straight line with the 21,5 but hinestly which trail is straight?

So If your in between sizes and undecided and want a bike that is fast and nimble go for the 19,5 or whatever is the smaller size for you.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
trek wrote:

Even if the bike is a special order?

Absolutely, just speak to the sales staff before ordering, they'd be more than happy to get you on one. In your neck of the woods, you should be able to demo that model, even if it is a different model tier as it would give you a rough idea if you are happy with it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
Anyone know about the TREK decals on the 2019/2020 remedy 8 alu frame. I have the matt black with the green/sage TREK decal and want to dark it out / replace with a matt black decal. I can't tell if they are under the lacquer and I don't want to pick at it and mess it up.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
conor801 wrote:
Anyone know about the TREK decals on the 2019/2020 remedy 8 alu frame. I have the matt black with the green/sage TREK decal and want to dark it out / replace with a matt black decal. I can't tell if they are under the lacquer and I don't want to pick at it and mess it up.

Decals are under the clear coat. Also, not to be a party-pooper, but removing the decals is modification to the frame and does void the cosmetic warranty. Best to apply over the stock decal in a manner that doesn't damage your frame.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009598
Mobile Version of Website