Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
It blows my mind how many people bitch about knockblock. In reality it must be a small percentage of people, but the minority is very vocal. As someone who grew up on dirt bikes, it is just a non-issue for me. Any dual crown rig has the same limitations, but even on tight east coast single track I’ve never had a problem. Once you master the technique it’s no big deal.
Just my thoughts.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
Bought a the trek in size large and fits like a dream. Thanks for the help guys. Now there is a issue with the rear shock after only a 15 mins of riding round town. It makes a very harsh and loud knocking sound as the shock compresses. And dropping the bike sound like someone hitting it with a hammer. I've googled this and it seems like a common issue with the reactive shocks. The place of purchase is gonna replace the shock with a brand new one. Hopefully this won't have the same issue after 15 mins of use. Bit shit though since now not being able to ride for the next week due to the bank holiday weekend here in the UK.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
Anyone around 5'10", 32" inseam ride the new Remedy or Fuel ex and can say whether m/l or l is a better fit?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
It does that on first 2 or 3 clicks of rebound but I ignored it as I ride 7/10 clicks and that noise is gone as rebound is faster.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
Kwaidd wrote:
Anyone around 5'10", 32" inseam ride the new Remedy or Fuel ex and can say whether m/l or l is a better fit?

Large (19.5) for sure. I’m about 5”11 and it’s almost a hair cramped feeling.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 2:50 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Bought a the trek in size large and fits like a dream. Thanks for the help guys. Now there is a issue with the rear shock ...

Got a vid?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
Mayzei wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Bought a the trek in size large and fits like a dream. Thanks for the help guys. Now there is a issue with the rear shock ...

Got a vid?

I'll upload one when I'm back

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
2011 Trek SCRATCH still going strong as my park bike.
125mm Dropper installed. Trek Scratch Coil Air 9 8 7 6 2010 2011

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Bought a the trek in size large and fits like a dream. Thanks for the help guys. Now there is a issue with the rear shock after only a 15 mins of riding round town. It makes a very harsh and loud knocking sound as the shock compresses. And dropping the bike sound like someone hitting it with a hammer. I've googled this and it seems like a common issue with the reactive shocks. The place of purchase is gonna replace the shock with a brand new one. Hopefully this won't have the same issue after 15 mins of use. Bit shit though since now not being able to ride for the next week due to the bank holiday weekend here in the UK.

I had a similar issue with mine when I first got it.
Check the pressure in the IFP (it's the bit that looks like a mini piggyback on the shock). Unscrew the cap and pump this up to 250psi.
After I did this to mine and rode it a bit it felt fine.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
Benkemp128 wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:

Mine did that when I picked it up, turns out it was one of the factory defect shocks and it started leaking oil immediately. You might just need to send it back for warranty.

I had a similar issue with mine when I first got it.
Check the pressure in the IFP (it's the bit that looks like a mini piggyback on the shock). Unscrew the cap and pump this up to 250psi.
After I did this to mine and rode it a bit it felt fine.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
I'm about 5-10 and a half, probably a little closer to 5-11. I own a 19.5 slash 9.8 and it feels a little too big for me. I rented an 18.5 in aluminum and it fit great, I loved it, but they don't make the 18.5 in carbon, which is why I went 19.5. I'll probably end up selling it and going back to a fuel ex in 18.5.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
any broken bontrager carbon rims here?
broke one Yesterday on a normal trail, nothing to rowdy...

hows the warranty?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
pAzk wrote:

hows the warranty?
No problems with mine, been thrashing them for a year now

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
pAzk wrote:

hows the warranty?

We have a pretty great warranty: https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/carbon_care_wheels/

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
trek wrote:
pAzk wrote:

hows the warranty?

We have a pretty great warranty: https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/carbon_care_wheels/

Sorry to hijack the question, But I have seen people put a megneg can on The Slash thrushaft shock. Seems like it works just fine. Any issues doing that that we should know about?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013880
Mobile Version of Website