Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
Guys... a 9.10 would just be a 9.1 and not as good as a 9.7...

How about "Slash 10?"

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:

How about "Slash 10?"

Or you can go full apple and name it "Slash X" Big Grin

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
evildos wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

How about "Slash 10?"

Trek Slash Pro Max Big Grin

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
NuriB wrote:
evildos wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

How about "Slash 10?"

IS there a more "enduro" name possible than the "Slash X"?

Trek, if you're reading, you owe evildos some royalties when this happens

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
NuriB wrote:
evildos wrote:

IS there a more "enduro" name possible than the "Slash X"?

Trek, if you're reading, you owe evildos some royalties when this happens

Keep your royalties, just provide me with one Slash X already ! Big Grin

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
‘X’ sounds like s crossbike to me

StumpyJR wrote:
J4m3z420 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

It appears so

How was it identified to be bad besides he chain slap?
I work as a mechanic, so I noticed the clutch started to loose tension. Comparing it to a brand new derailleur it was clear something was wrong.

I've been through 2 now on my '17 Remedy, they upgraded me to an X1 derailleur and the clutch seems to have gone sloppy again. It's a good job SRAM made it so you can't re-tighten the clutch isn't it....

Mayzei wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
J4m3z420 wrote:

How was it identified to be bad besides he chain slap?
I work as a mechanic, so I noticed the clutch started to loose tension. Comparing it to a brand new derailleur it was clear something was wrong.

I've been through 2 now on my '17 Remedy, they upgraded me to an X1 derailleur and the clutch seems to have gone sloppy again. It's a good job SRAM made it so you can't re-tighten the clutch isn't it....

My clutch on my '17 Remedy just went out. Had my local shop replace it for $150 plus labor. Are you telling me this could have been a warranty issue?

dustn323 wrote:
Mayzei wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

My clutch on my '17 Remedy just went out. Had my local shop replace it for $150 plus labor. Are you telling me this could have been a warranty issue?

Nah it wasn't. Somewhere else her on PB was a thread about it. SRAM decided at some point to keep people from messing with the clutch even though it would be an easy twist of a screw to fix it after it got loose. Just another way to improve sales numbers for rear mechs I guess.

El-Mustachio wrote:
dustn323 wrote:
Mayzei wrote:

Nah it wasn't. Somewhere else her on PB was a thread about it. SRAM decided at some point to keep people from messing with the clutch even though it would be an easy twist of a screw to fix it after it got loose. Just another way to improve sales numbers for rear mechs I guess.

Yep, just waiting to wear out eagle to buy xt 12 speed

StumpyJR wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:
dustn323 wrote:

Advantage to going Shimano: The clutches are fully adjustable and serviceable so when they lose tension, you just open it, re-grease it and tighten it.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
2020 slash or remedy 99?

Posted: 19 hours ago Quote
dustn323 wrote:
Mayzei wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

Yeah the shop managed to warranty it. In the first week, the chain had slapped the stay so much that it barely has any paint on it now. I tried to get a new chainstay too but they wouldn't warranty that. ☹️ Learnt my lesson and will buy Shimano in the future

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:
dustn323 wrote:

I’m wanting to try and warranty my der. But I don’t know how long I’ll have the bike for. What did you say in the warranty claim?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011470
Mobile Version of Website