Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Guys... a 9.10 would just be a 9.1 and not as good as a 9.7...

How about "Slash 10?"

Or you can go full apple and name it "Slash X" Big Grin

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
evildos wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

How about "Slash 10?"

Trek Slash Pro Max Big Grin

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
NuriB wrote:
evildos wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

How about "Slash 10?"

IS there a more "enduro" name possible than the "Slash X"?

Trek, if you're reading, you owe evildos some royalties when this happens

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
NuriB wrote:
evildos wrote:

IS there a more "enduro" name possible than the "Slash X"?

Trek, if you're reading, you owe evildos some royalties when this happens

Keep your royalties, just provide me with one Slash X already ! Big Grin

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 4:48 Quote
‘X’ sounds like s crossbike to me

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
J4m3z420 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

It appears so

How was it identified to be bad besides he chain slap?
I work as a mechanic, so I noticed the clutch started to loose tension. Comparing it to a brand new derailleur it was clear something was wrong.

I've been through 2 now on my '17 Remedy, they upgraded me to an X1 derailleur and the clutch seems to have gone sloppy again. It's a good job SRAM made it so you can't re-tighten the clutch isn't it....

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
Mayzei wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
J4m3z420 wrote:

How was it identified to be bad besides he chain slap?
I work as a mechanic, so I noticed the clutch started to loose tension. Comparing it to a brand new derailleur it was clear something was wrong.

I've been through 2 now on my '17 Remedy, they upgraded me to an X1 derailleur and the clutch seems to have gone sloppy again. It's a good job SRAM made it so you can't re-tighten the clutch isn't it....

My clutch on my '17 Remedy just went out. Had my local shop replace it for $150 plus labor. Are you telling me this could have been a warranty issue?

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
Mayzei wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

My clutch on my '17 Remedy just went out. Had my local shop replace it for $150 plus labor. Are you telling me this could have been a warranty issue?

Nah it wasn't. Somewhere else her on PB was a thread about it. SRAM decided at some point to keep people from messing with the clutch even though it would be an easy twist of a screw to fix it after it got loose. Just another way to improve sales numbers for rear mechs I guess.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
dustn323 wrote:
Mayzei wrote:

Nah it wasn't. Somewhere else her on PB was a thread about it. SRAM decided at some point to keep people from messing with the clutch even though it would be an easy twist of a screw to fix it after it got loose. Just another way to improve sales numbers for rear mechs I guess.

Yep, just waiting to wear out eagle to buy xt 12 speed

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:
dustn323 wrote:

Advantage to going Shimano: The clutches are fully adjustable and serviceable so when they lose tension, you just open it, re-grease it and tighten it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
2020 slash or remedy 99?

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
Mayzei wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

Yeah the shop managed to warranty it. In the first week, the chain had slapped the stay so much that it barely has any paint on it now. I tried to get a new chainstay too but they wouldn't warranty that. ☹️ Learnt my lesson and will buy Shimano in the future

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:
dustn323 wrote:

I’m wanting to try and warranty my der. But I don’t know how long I’ll have the bike for. What did you say in the warranty claim?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Hi there guys, just wanting some advice on sizing for a 2019 trek slash 8. I'm just over 6 foot and wanting to buy the bike while it's on sale. The only size available is 19.5. I'm wondering if this would ok but I'm confused since I've seen on multiple forums people saying that it's too small for them or it fits them perfectly.
Many thanks

Might be a bit small. I’m 5 7 and ride a large 19.5. I have abnormally long arms though. Still you might want the next size up.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:

I’m wanting to try and warranty my der. But I don’t know how long I’ll have the bike for. What did you say in the warranty claim?

I've warrantied tons this year at my shop. I just mention clutch spring and bushing play side to side/ poor shifting.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013204
Mobile Version of Website