Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:

Nah it wasn't. Somewhere else her on PB was a thread about it. SRAM decided at some point to keep people from messing with the clutch even though it would be an easy twist of a screw to fix it after it got loose. Just another way to improve sales numbers for rear mechs I guess.

Yep, just waiting to wear out eagle to buy xt 12 speed

I’m wanting to try and warranty my der. But I don’t know how long I’ll have the bike for. What did you say in the warranty claim?

I've warrantied tons this year at my shop. I just mention clutch spring and bushing play side to side/ poor shifting.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
nocker wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Hi there guys, just wanting some advice on sizing for a 2019 trek slash 8. I'm just over 6 foot and wanting to buy the bike while it's on sale. The only size available is 19.5. I'm wondering if this would ok but I'm confused since I've seen on multiple forums people saying that it's too small for them or it fits them perfectly.
Many thanks

Might be a bit small. I’m 5 7 and ride a large 19.5. I have abnormally long arms though. Still you might want the next size up.

He'll be fine. I'm 5' 11 and I ride a 19.5. According to trek's sizing chart a size large can fit anyone up to 6'2.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:43 Quote
Here's mine.

Better find out how to load pics ????

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
DIYsandvich wrote:
nocker wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Hi there guys, just wanting some advice on sizing for a 2019 trek slash 8. I'm just over 6 foot and wanting to buy the bike while it's on sale. The only size available is 19.5. I'm wondering if this would ok but I'm confused since I've seen on multiple forums people saying that it's too small for them or it fits them perfectly.
Many thanks

Might be a bit small. I’m 5 7 and ride a large 19.5. I have abnormally long arms though. Still you might want the next size up.

He'll be fine. I'm 5' 11 and I ride a 19.5. According to trek's sizing chart a size large can fit anyone up to 6'2.

In the end it really comes down to personal preference. I'm 6' and ride a 19.5 and it feels fantastic. Can't imagine the 21.5 to feel as good.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Hello,

I want to ask is that oil leak is normal for new RockShox Thru-Shaft ridden around 10 times?
The bike is Trek Slash 8 2020

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
I think that's normal for every shock actually. I have a Slash too and I 've noticed this. Unless someone has had a different experience.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 1:29 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
I think that's normal for every shock actually. I have a Slash too and I 've noticed this. Unless someone has had a different experience.

For me is normal to leak a little bit from the air can,but i am curios about Thru-Shaft as they had some problem in the near past.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
DIYsandvich wrote:
nocker wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

Ok!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
nocker wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

i Bought a large in the end and fits like a dream

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 13:18 Quote

I feel like this Remedy can handle all of the ugly cases I throw at it! Hopefully one day these will all look a bit cleaner!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
nocker wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Many thanks

Great! Sorry for the bad info on my part. I’m just abnormally proportioned... the large fits me with my long arms and I couldn’t see riding the medium. Enjoy the bike it rides soooo nice.. you’ll love it. Cheers!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 1:16 Quote
nocker wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
nocker wrote:

Great! Sorry for the bad info on my part. I’m just abnormally proportioned... the large fits me with my long arms and I couldn’t see riding the medium. Enjoy the bike it rides soooo nice.. you’ll love it. Cheers!

No worries mate,i can definitely agree with how nice it rides.i have not been out properly on it yet only some light XC and some jibbing round town. I've even been to a skate park on it and its not as horrible as it sounds. Just got to find the time to hit the DH runs.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
New vs Old

No non-driveside chainstay tape this time?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
New vs Old

Very nice!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017147
Mobile Version of Website