Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Torero48 wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
I think that's normal for every shock actually. I have a Slash too and I 've noticed this. Unless someone has had a different experience.

For me is normal to leak a little bit from the air can,but i am curios about Thru-Shaft as they had some problem in the near past.

Mine was like that but it kept leaking and became unrideable after not much use. I got it sent away and it took sram in the uk nearly two months to send out a replacement. I dont think the shock should leak at all so id go to the shop where you bought it and find out how long it will take for a warranty. Im sram's biggest fan at the moment......

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
New vs Old

No non-driveside chainstay tape this time?

The back end of the commencal was so wide it was covered in heel rub marks. Don't have this problem with the trek so no need hopefully

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
While its not a Remedy, Slash or Scratch, I am about to purchase a new Fuel EX5. Because no brand has a build with parts I prefer to use, going the lower spec to build up. Had some fellow PB users photoshop a set of Bomber Z1s and Bomber CR shock onto the Fuel EX. Main focus of the bike is going to be aggressive trail and some Enduro race usage (guys here have been successfull on 120 and 130mm bikes for Enduro races, we dont have anything too gnarly where I live and I have done all thr trails here and raced Enduro on a 100mm bike withoit bottoming out). What do you all thibk of this "Trek Nick"? Not quite a Slash, bbt its almost halfway there.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
While its not a Remedy, Slash or Scratch, I am about to purchase a new Fuel EX5. Because no brand has a build with parts I prefer to use, going the lower spec to build up. Had some fellow PB users photoshop a set of Bomber Z1s and Bomber CR shock onto the Fuel EX. Main focus of the bike is going to be aggressive trail and some Enduro race usage (guys here have been successfull on 120 and 130mm bikes for Enduro races, we dont have anything too gnarly where I live and I have done all thr trails here and raced Enduro on a 100mm bike withoit bottoming out). What do you all thibk of this "Trek Nick"? Not quite a Slash, bbt its almost halfway there.

Great choice! I want one too! Agreed about the travel and terrain. I have some gnarly enduro type trails where I live and I plan to ride the fuel on them. It’s all about the geometry. A friend of mine rode one and he loved it. Said the bike takes gnar, pedals amazing and is a rocket!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 19:46 Quote
nocker wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

Great choice! I want one too! Agreed about the travel and terrain. I have some gnarly enduro type trails where I live and I plan to ride the fuel on them. It’s all about the geometry. A friend of mine rode one and he loved it. Said the bike takes gnar, pedals amazing and is a rocket!
Cheers mate. I think for what its intended use is, the Fuel will be plenty. I have a DH bike for smashing big stuff, and if T-Mo can race EWS on an over forked Fuel, why cant I get one to do a mutlitude of roles and the occasional Enduro race with a few simple mods. Need to find a Box 9 drive train though.....

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:59 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
nocker wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

Cheers mate. I think for what its intended use is, the Fuel will be plenty. I have a DH bike for smashing big stuff, and if T-Mo can race EWS on an over forked Fuel, why cant I get one to do a mutlitude of roles and the occasional Enduro race with a few simple mods. Need to find a Box 9 drive train though.....

Exactly! Totally agree... it’ll work for sure. The bike rips.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:01 Quote
Lazyarse wrote:
Torero48 wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
I think that's normal for every shock actually. I have a Slash too and I 've noticed this. Unless someone has had a different experience.

For me is normal to leak a little bit from the air can,but i am curios about Thru-Shaft as they had some problem in the near past.

Mine was like that but it kept leaking and became unrideable after not much use. I got it sent away and it took sram in the uk nearly two months to send out a replacement. I dont think the shock should leak at all so id go to the shop where you bought it and find out how long it will take for a warranty. Im sram's biggest fan at the moment......

Bad for me... i was thinking that this problem is in the past...

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
Torero48 wrote:
Lazyarse wrote:
Torero48 wrote:

Bad for me... i was thinking that this problem is in the past...

I dont like this. Maybe I ll get my bike back to the dealer

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:18 Quote
Is there some of you that installed the megneg can on their bike? I did and can't no longer get full travel.

I started at 3 bands in the negative chamber and sag set up at 35%. I went up to 4 band now but I had no chance to ride it yet.

Vorsprung Tractive Megneg Super Deluxe on Trek Remedy 9.7

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:27 Quote

Here is my new Remedy 8. What an absolute beast... especially in the chunky/rocky sections. Loving everything about the bike!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
So far I've been loving my new Slash on my usual techy trails. Can't wait to see how it holds up in Leogang on the weekend.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
shockwave wrote:
I started at 3 bands in the negative chamber and sag set up at 35%. I went up to 4 band now but I had no chance to ride it yet.

I have 3 bands in negative chamber, 1 token in positive. 30% sag, all good.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
shockwave wrote:

I have 3 bands in negative chamber, 1 token in positive. 30% sag, all good.

You do get full travel? I have 0 token.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 3:03 Quote
shockwave wrote:

Didn't bottomed it out, but it goes maybe 5 miliimeters to full on ruff trails/2 foot jumps

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
shockwave wrote:

Didn't bottomed it out, but it goes maybe 5 miliimeters to full on ruff trails/2 foot jumps

Looks like I am getting about the same result has you do. I moved up to 4 bands. I see what happen this week end.

That said, I was looking at current EWS Trek bike and none of their riders run the megneg.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014916
Mobile Version of Website