Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
And, before the MN, you used 100% travel?
I go with idea to always leave a little space to have in case of OS moments, on the fork too.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
I go with idea to always leave a little space to have in case of OS moments, on the fork too.

Yes, before, I would get it. But now I simply can't. I did bottom out for the first time last Saturday my Lyrik RC2 in a high speed G Out but not the Super Deluxe.

Like you, I like to have a little space for those moment, but right now, it does not seems to be available at the back.

I am going out today doing more testing.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
shockwave wrote:
Toninhohr wrote:

Yes, before, I would get it. But now I simply can't. I did bottom out for the first time last Saturday my Lyrik RC2 in a high speed G Out but not the Super Deluxe.

Like you, I like to have a little space for those moment, but right now, it does not seems to be available at the back.

I had to go 3 bands and 0 spacers to get where I needed to be. 2 bands would be good for bike park days at my weight and riding style.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
shockwave wrote:
Toninhohr wrote:

What measurement is your SD?

As I understand it from my girlfriend's stock Reaktive shit shock 230x57.5 is that the spacer inside will prevent full bottom out, since the shaft is the same as from the 230x60...

I could be wrong, just an idea...

edit: Just read that you were getting full travel in the past so ignore me...

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
Hello,

I want to ask is that normal for RockShox Deluxe with Thru-Shaft on Remedy ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3caqgH4kaKk

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
How do you all like the remedy for enduro racing?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
How do you all like the remedy for enduro racing?

i did races the last 3 years with my 9.8/9.9 and an X2 in the back. pretty good. slash is faster for sure but if you Race just for fun its fine.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
Torero48 wrote:
Hello,

I want to ask is that oil leak is normal for new RockShox Thru-Shaft ridden around 10 times?
The bike is Trek Slash 8 2020

Our 2019 Slash 8’s exhibited similar weeping early on. Both blasted successfully through the entire WV Enduro Series with no problems and perfect performance. Just wipe your stanchions before every ride to make it pretty. My son won the championship on his - said he could straight line the rock gardens and stayed planted on his lines.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
psstst wrote:
Hello,

had the same thing happen to mine but far more louder. sounded like a something hitting metal. i took it back and got a new shock from the bike shop i purchased it from. The same thing happened again similar to how yours sounds. it turns out the ifp required pumping up to pressure as it was a bit low. The piggy back looking thing unscrews at the bottom leaving a valve make sure using a shock pump that this is pumped to 250 PSI. This should hopefully eliminate your troubles. If not try and get the shock warrantied.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
psstst wrote:
Hello,

had the same thing happen to mine but far more louder. sounded like a something hitting metal. i took it back and got a new shock from the bike shop i purchased it from. The same thing happened again similar to how yours sounds. it turns out the ifp required pumping up to pressure as it was a bit low. The piggy back looking thing unscrews at the bottom leaving a valve make sure using a shock pump that this is pumped to 250 PSI. This should hopefully eliminate your troubles. If not try and get the shock warrantied.

Your shock pump likely can't accurately measure pressure in the IFP based on how small the volume is. According to SRAM at least, you're better off leaving it alone

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Anyone want a remedy 8 2018 with upgrades? got one for sale and need to gone ASAP.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
psstst wrote:
Hello,

Your shock pump likely can't accurately measure pressure in the IFP based on how small the volume is. According to SRAM at least, you're better off leaving it alone

Mine does this on first ~3 clicks of rebound from slow, but as I run 2 from fastest, that noise is not happening there.

I also have similar noise when fully using compression on Lyrik, but in some normal settings (for me), like 4 clicks from +, everything is normal.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
I have a zero miles thru shaft shock for my remedy if you need one. I have 2 others shocks so never used that one.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
After debating on whether to get the Large or XL Remedy (I'm 6'1"), my new 2020 XL just showed up. I plan on taking her for a few rides this week. If anyone is still debating the same issue, and is interested in my feedback, let me know and I can share my initial thoughts.

Or, I'm happy to keep that shit to myself! Razz

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
After debating on whether to get the Large or XL Remedy (I'm 6'1"), my new 2020 XL just showed up. I plan on taking her for a few rides this week. If anyone is still debating the same issue, and is interested in my feedback, let me know and I can share my initial thoughts.

Or, I'm happy to keep that shit to myself! Razz

Good choice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011257
Mobile Version of Website