Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
Broke another main pivot nut, anyone else having this problem?

Nut was torqued to 2nm less than what it says on the bolt.

I had a problem with the bolt and nut. Tightened to around 20nm of torque completely stripped the threads. Bit disappointing really. Compared to my old bike where I could stand on the Allen key to tighten it and nothing would strip or anything it’s a bit of a difference lol.

There is a reason the torque value is on the bolts. Lol. You go to the 17 if it’s 17. 10 if 10. 34 if 34 22 if 22Nm.. also if a bolt loosens up. Apply fresh Blue loctite to threads and light grease on bolt. Use a torque wrench!

**** Also Treks are supposed to be torqued in sequence. Main lower pivot, Main rocker link, shock mounts upper and lower; Mino link , ABP bolt
If a new slash. 34Nm, 22Nm, 10Nm lower shock, 17Nm upper sock bolt, 17Nm Mino. 200inch/lbs ABP.
Thats what I did. The replacement bolt had a torque of 2nm less printed on it, so I torqued it down to 2nm less than what the original bolt said. Still broke after a month of riding. Original one lasted about 10 months.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
Another interesting note is the replacement bolt uses a 8mm to tighten it vs a 10mm

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:

I just broke one on mine too. Anyone know how to get ahold of buying the nut without buying the whole main pivot assembly. Dont really want to fork out $50 bucks for something that cost $5.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

I had a problem with the bolt and nut. Tightened to around 20nm of torque completely stripped the threads. Bit disappointing really. Compared to my old bike where I could stand on the Allen key to tighten it and nothing would strip or anything it’s a bit of a difference lol.

I've snapped 2x lower shock mounting bolts and 1x top mounting bolt. Their made of cheese I feel. All were torqued correctly. That's why trek have changed the suspension layout around the bottom shock bolt I think and nothing to do with better shocks available. I'm not the only one who's had the same issues either. But if you speak to trek they say they've never heard of the problem....bu**sh*t. Just fess up and move on.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Built up a used 2018 Remedy 8 from the ground up with new and old parts. I'm happy with the outcome, great on the uphill and wicked on the downs.

2018 Remedy 8 Frame
2020 Fox Float X2 230x57.5
2019 DVO Diamond 170mm
50mm knockblock stem
Chromag OSX cut to 780
Chromag Clutch Grips
2019 TRP Quadiem
Shimano IceTech 203mm Rotors
OneUp 150mm Post and lever
Chromag Lynx DT Seat
RaceFace Atlas Crank 170mm 30 Tooth
Chromag Contact Pedal
Shimano XT 11spd
SunRace MX 11spd 11-46t
YBN Black Ti Chain
Bontrager Line Comp TRL Front Wheel
Bontrager Line Comp 30 Rear Wheel
Continental Der Baron Projekt 2.4 rubber

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
11-16 sounds hard Wink

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
pAzk wrote:
11-16 sounds hard Wink

Legs of steel over here lol

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
I’m at the point now where some of my drivetrain parts are starting to wear out after many miles. My bike came with a full GX drivetrain and it’s been great! I’ve just noticed a lot of chainslap, whether that be the clutch being bad or just how it is. Anyways would There be a big performance upgrade going from a GX cassette and derailleur to XO1? (I already have an XX1 chain) if there isn’t a major difference I’ll just stick with good ol’ GX

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Just rode a bike with Shimano XT 12 speed. IMPRESSIVE. Without a doubt the smoothest drivetrain I’ve ever experienced. It’s not even close.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Another interesting note is the replacement bolt uses a 8mm to tighten it vs a 10mm

W561881 This is the correct part for the upper 17 Nm bolts on thru shafts
W547868 This is the correct part for the lower 10 Nm bolts on thru shaft

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
Also upgraded some Parts:

- Shigura brakes
- Reverb and Eagle AXS
- Pike Ultimate

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
I’m at the point now where some of my drivetrain parts are starting to wear out after many miles. My bike came with a full GX drivetrain and it’s been great! I’ve just noticed a lot of chainslap, whether that be the clutch being bad or just how it is. Anyways would There be a big performance upgrade going from a GX cassette and derailleur to XO1? (I already have an XX1 chain) if there isn’t a major difference I’ll just stick with good ol’ GX

I had my GX derailleur warrantied, but they gave me a X1 instead. I have noticed no difference whatsoever! In fact, I don't even know differences between them, except the X1 has a carbon fibre outer face plate...

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
Rusnak wrote:

I am running an XO1 and I am starting to get chainslap also.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

W561881 This is the correct part for the upper 17 Nm bolts on thru shafts
W547868 This is the correct part for the lower 10 Nm bolts on thru shaft

I’m running a x2 does the part number differ for those. Went to try to buy just the nut when I was in Squamish two weeks ago, and apparently you could only get the nut as part of a complete lower main pivot rebuild kit. Trying to avoid buy a bunch of other stuff I don’t need.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
I've got a 2018 Remedy 8. One of the bearings in the rocker arm pivot (where it's connected to the front triangle) needs to be replaced. I'm currently not at home so I can't measure by myself.

Does anyone know the dimensions or SKF article name? It's the one with the green seal that is also in the lower pivot.(chainstay to front triangle)

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014756
Mobile Version of Website