Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
pAzk wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Yeah I originally listed it for $4000 and felt that it was super fair at that price. Now it's dropped to $3700 and still no bites.

I'm honestly trying to pass on a great deal to someone but maybe I kicked myself in the teeth on that one because folks are used to paying more?

ZenkiS14 (if you have one, nice car). That bike should sell for that price. The big benefit you have over me is that your frame is the newer generation with the solid bottom mount. Mine is full floating. That's why I knocked $500 or so off what I felt like it was worth parts wise.

What you gonna replace it with?
had the same problem with my 9.8 2018.
sold my 9.9 from 2017 like nothing and my 2018 sold realy badly

Tried selling my Slash 9.7 for essentially trade price so I could upgrade. No real interest aside from chancers offering £500 less than was asking.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 0:42 Quote
mars-bar-man wrote:
pAzk wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Yeah I originally listed it for $4000 and felt that it was super fair at that price. Now it's dropped to $3700 and still no bites.

I'm honestly trying to pass on a great deal to someone but maybe I kicked myself in the teeth on that one because folks are used to paying more?

ZenkiS14 (if you have one, nice car). That bike should sell for that price. The big benefit you have over me is that your frame is the newer generation with the solid bottom mount. Mine is full floating. That's why I knocked $500 or so off what I felt like it was worth parts wise.

What you gonna replace it with?
had the same problem with my 9.8 2018.
sold my 9.9 from 2017 like nothing and my 2018 sold realy badly

Tried selling my Slash 9.7 for essentially trade price so I could upgrade. No real interest aside from chancers offering £500 less than was asking.

Doesn't make any sense. If it said Santa Cruz on it it would have sold in a heartbeat. Doesn't make sense man. These Remedy's absolutely rip. Such a sick bike.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Yea, I'll be listing mine for 4500 or so likely, it's a '19 with full X01.

I know this guy and have borrowed this bike. The thing is truly like-new only with upgraded parts. Owned by a true bike nerd who has maybe ridden 20 miles of trail on it! No exaggeration! Somebody ought to jump on this if they want a Remedy. Beats any 2020 stock build for sure.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

I know this guy and have borrowed this bike. The thing is truly like-new only with upgraded parts. Owned by a true bike nerd who has maybe ridden 20 miles of trail on it! No exaggeration! Somebody ought to jump on this if they want a Remedy. Beats any 2020 stock build for sure.

That's how mine was when I first listed it up. It sat in my office for a year because I broke my hand. When I listed it to sell the suspension was literally brand new and the rest of the build had like 60-100 miles on it. LOL!

Got a few more rides on it now. Suspension only has 2 rides.

That gray one is sick and definitely worth $4500.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

That's how mine was when I first listed it up. It sat in my office for a year because I broke my hand. When I listed it to sell the suspension was literally brand new and the rest of the build had like 60-100 miles on it. LOL!

Got a few more rides on it now. Suspension only has 2 rides.

That gray one is sick and definitely worth $4500.

Although IDK why he put the ONE picture of the ONE time it was actually dirty lol

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
hahahahahahahahahaha

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Just a heads up. News dropped today, maybe this will help sell your bikes and it makes me happy

TREK:
"warranty policy just got a major upgrade! The new policy gives original owners a lifetime warranty on the following:
Framesets (frame and rigid fork)
-Main frame
-Full-suspension swing arms
-Bontrager carbon wheels

In addition, subsequent owners will get a three-year warranty from the date of original purchase with proof of original purchase. Consumers can now sell their bikes with even more confidence when looking to upgrade their ride."

About time!

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
Just a heads up. News dropped today, maybe this will help sell your bikes and it makes me happy

TREK:
"warranty policy just got a major upgrade! The new policy gives original owners a lifetime warranty on the following:
-Main frame
-Bontrager carbon wheels

In addition, subsequent owners will get a three-year warranty from the date of original purchase with proof of original purchase. Consumers can now sell their bikes with even more confidence when looking to upgrade their ride."

About time!

Does this apply to any bike bought within the past 3 years or only new bikes going forward?

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:

TREK:
-Main frame
-Bontrager carbon wheels

About time!

Haven't read the release yet. Does this include slash, session and ticket?

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
MrDiamondDave wrote:

TREK:
-Main frame
-Bontrager carbon wheels

About time!

Haven't read the release yet. Does this include slash, session and ticket?

It covers all bikes. BUT I just learned that it started Oct 1 on new bikes. I was a little pissed. But I feel that it might be a grey area that could help if you're outside of warranty.. But I am guessing.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
I just looked up that warranty- I'd recommend looking it up directly. But the new warranty specifically says:

"This warranty applies to 2011 model and newer bicycles and covers only Trek and Bontrager branded products. Any other original part or component shall be covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer. Any products not specifically included above are hereby omitted."

So it's not just bikes purchased after 10/1 according to this.

It covers the slash and session for the mainframe but there are limitations on the swingarms.

It's good news.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
What is the source of that?

All I see is:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/trek_bikes_warranty/

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Temporarily running 27.5 out back because I broke my carbon wheel. In the process of warranty right now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012896
Mobile Version of Website