Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
So I'm getting my wheel warrantied and they don't have my wheel in stock. They're sending me the hoop so now is a good time to upgrade the hub. Any recommendations?

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
So I'm getting my wheel warrantied and they don't have my wheel in stock. They're sending me the hoop so now is a good time to upgrade the hub. Any recommendations?
Industry nine hydra

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
Working on getting the new one built up!

photo

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
Industry nine hydra

Hail Hydra

photo

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
Anyone happen to know the rear non drive side spoke lengths for the 29 line 30 carbon wheels?

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Anyone happen to know the rear non drive side spoke lengths for the 29 line 30 carbon wheels?
The non drive spokes are 279mm long

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
DIYsandvich wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
The non drive spokes are 279mm long
Thank you!

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
I have a 2019 super deluxe that I took of my 2019 slash look at my add on my profile and shoot me a text if interested

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Fresh SLX drivetrain on my Slash - happy to move on from the NX components though that gruppo lasted a *lot* longer than I expected. Two rides in and I wish I'd sprung for the XT shifter as the SLX has a lot more slop in it than I'd prefer.

This completes out the upgrades to all the weak points on the 9.7 spec sheet. In the past year I've bolted up Synthesis Wheels, Highline 170 post, and an SQ Lab saddle. Switched to a steel 30T Eagle ring as well as installed Lyrik guts into the Yari chassis when it came time to service the fork.

29er

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Fresh SLX drivetrain on my Slash - happy to move on from the NX components though that gruppo lasted a *lot* longer than I expected. Two rides in and I wish I'd sprung for the XT shifter as the SLX has a lot more slop in it than I'd prefer.

This completes out the upgrades to all the weak points on the 9.7 spec sheet. In the past year I've bolted up Synthesis Wheels, Highline 170 post, and an SQ Lab saddle. Switched to a steel 30T Eagle ring as well as installed Lyrik guts into the Yari chassis when it came time to service the fork.

29er

weakest point still there, the seatangle needs to be updatet!!!

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Not sure if serious but the geo works just fine for me. I've posted this elsewhere - I find the utility of the climb/lockout/compression adjust switch is as a "geometry preserver". I live 5 min from the base of a pretty steep mountain and as a new dad, my rides are generally about an hour or so. The climb trails out of the valley are relatively smooth singletrack - thanks WMBC trailbuilders! - so I find the climb switch to be really useful to prevent bob and keep me pretty well centered on the bike. Maybe a steeper SA would be even better, but I remain certain that the weakest points on the 9.7 were the wheels, tires, and seatpost. They didn't live up to the capability of the rest of the bike.
Mulling over an ElevenSix as the next update. (I knew of yesterday's discount but I have some bills to pay.)

weakest point still there, the seatangle needs to be updatet!!![/Quote]

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
photo

Here is my whip in current build.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
cosmicisacult wrote:
photo

Tell us more about the difference with the thrushaft!

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
cosmicisacult wrote:
photo

Nice upgrades there! What are the shock dimensions? And how does performe the bike now?

Cheers!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018384
Mobile Version of Website