Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
hizzy789 wrote:
dustn323 wrote:
hizzy789 wrote:
What dropper post is everyone running on their Remedy? I'd like something with more drop than the stock 125mm on my 18.5" and was wondering what 150/170mm posts can be run slammed in the frame
What year? I'm riding the 2020 19.5 and it comes with a 170mm bontrager(?)stock. Might be able to fit a 180mm. My 2017 could easily fit a 150, maybe a 170.

It's a 2018. Was it a Bontrger post you had in your 2017?

For insertion depth, I think there is only a 5mm difference between the V1 and the V2

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 9:43 Quote
2020 Remedy 9.9
150mm OneUp V2 post

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
^^ We need pictures!! Smile

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
Ah right, yea.

So here's my new Remedy 9.9. Swapped a few parts out, upgraded a few things also. The Rainbow chain and cassette just made sense to bring a little flair to the bike.

I did swap for the the new G2 RSC Brakes, because I like the feel better than the XT and I like the Matchmaker lever setup, makes for a very clean cockpit (only 1 clamp on each side total).

Gave it a carbon saddle, and some Sensus grips, and threw on my set of Line PRO 30 wheels. Then finally swapped for the OneUp V2.1 150mm post, so now I can slam, and run a full length 150mm post. This was a 22mm improvement for me in clearance when slammed.

28.13lbs all done and finished.

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades
Trek Remedy 9.9 + Upgrades

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades

Trek Remedy 9.9 Upgrades

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 0:57 Quote
nice!
but have you tried real tyres on the remedy? night and day to these...

anyway, cant wait to pimp my slash 8 after my remedy 9.9 is sold

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
pAzk wrote:
nice!

You just made my day!! lol lol

I've been telling this guy how there are a lot better tires out there than Bonty lol

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
pAzk wrote:
nice!

I've been telling this guy how there are a lot better tires out there than Bonty lol

I dont know, I've been running maxxis for years and threw some fresh SE5/SE4's on and I actually like them more! Not to mention I can get them dirt cheap

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
Just throw on an Assegai/ dhr combo and call it a day lol
(seriously though, that combo is straight velcro for the conditions here in the northeast )

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
(seriously though, that combo is straight velcro for the conditions here in the northeast )

I'm really liking the Vigilante front trail boss rear (fast roll) combo here in the midwest. We generally don't have long descents so the faster roll is definitely worth it. Hopefully we'll have a legit dh park here in the near future...

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

I'm really liking the Vigilante front trail boss rear (fast roll) combo here in the midwest. We generally don't have long descents so the faster roll is definitely worth it. Hopefully we'll have a legit dh park here in the near future...

The vigilante is on my list of tires to try out, as well as the Michelin wild enduro front/rear. I like the grip I am currently getting from my maxxis, but I have been "bending" the casing from cornering hard lately. Its bad enough that it makes me think my wheels arent true, but its all tire.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

The vigilante is on my list of tires to try out, as well as the Michelin wild enduro front/rear. I like the grip I am currently getting from my maxxis, but I have been "bending" the casing from cornering hard lately. Its bad enough that it makes me think my wheels arent true, but its all tire.

I have the Michelin wild enduros and they are the grippiest tires I've ever had. Not as good in mud as a magic mary/shorty, but when it comes to wet roots/rocks, they are unbelievably grippy. Not the fastest rolling setup but I would say the trade-off is worth it.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
pAzk wrote:
nice!

I dont know, I've been running maxxis for years and threw some fresh SE5/SE4's on and I actually like them more! Not to mention I can get them dirt cheap

I just swapped out my maxxis DHF's for an xr4 and xr5, the bontragers are so much better, lighter and grippier and the xr casing is enough for me. Didn't go for the michelins as they don't roll well.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
alexbg wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

I just swapped out my maxxis DHF's for an xr4 and xr5, the bontragers are so much better, lighter and grippier and the xr casing is enough for me. Didn't go for the michelins as they don't roll well.

I've had all the tires at some point (wild enduros, DHF, aggressor, se4...) and the michelins definitely hook up (especially the front), but they definitely have noticeably more drag when pedaling. I personally don't care for the DHF (and all its clones like the se5) as I hate the on/off zones for cornering. The se4 is a fine hard-pack tire and rolls fast and grips wet rock well, but the Vigilante takes off camber and flat corners unbelievably well with the high grip compound. Those knobs are soft! The michelin front did brake better and felt a little more planted overall, but the vigilante corners just as well in most situations and better in some. And even in high grip, it rolls a LOT faster. I like to think of the trail boss/vigi combo as if you took the se4 and made it a rear that rolled a little faster and had better cornering knobs, and then took another se4 and beefed it up with more grip for the front.

The trailboss in 2.4 does not have the pure straightline climbing grip or mud-clearing ability of the michelins or the se4s, though. But it has as much as an se5 but rolls a lot better and corners really well. WTB has side knobs figured out

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
Hello,

I'm panning to buy Marzocchi Bomber cr coil shock for my Trek Slash 8 and i want to ask what spring rate would be suitable for weight of 175 lbs...and also what mounting hardware is needed for the new shock ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015943
Mobile Version of Website