Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
Torero48 wrote:
Hello,

I'm panning to buy Marzocchi Bomber cr coil shock for my Trek Slash 8 and i want to ask what spring rate would be suitable for weight of 175 lbs...and also what mounting hardware is needed for the new shock ?

Im 165 with gear and have a 500lb spring. Go to a trek dealer and have them order the hardware kit for the fox x2, and the associated bolt for the upper and lower (same bolt, if you go back a few pages you will see part numbers ).

In other words I still love this bike. In the spring she will be getting the new 12 speed xt group minus brakes and cranks.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
Torero48 wrote:
Hello,

I'm panning to buy Marzocchi Bomber cr coil shock for my Trek Slash 8 and i want to ask what spring rate would be suitable for weight of 175 lbs...and also what mounting hardware is needed for the new shock ?

Check out several spring rate calculators and find an average rate. You may want to try several different springs to get the perfect ride.
https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator
https://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/08/WCeng/Content/mtbspringratecalculator.html
http://www.extremeshox.com/spring-calculator/

For the mounting hardware this is the part number, Get 2 of these from your local trek dealer. 540755

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
I've made a bike review for my 2020 Remedy 9.8. I'm a little embarrassed, but I put a lot of effort into this thing, and I think it turned out alright. Also, Porcupine Rim!

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 10:05 Quote

Clipped a rock today that was sticking out into the trail, cracked my rim. Time to get a replacement.

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:

Clipped a rock today that was sticking out into the trail, cracked my rim. Time to get a replacement.

Is this part of the life time guarantee? That's awesome!

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
I don’t own a rim that looks that good!!!! East coast rocks are just part of life out here. Which is why I stick with alu rims.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 14:37 Quote

my new slash 8 at 29,7 lbs w/o pedals

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
pAzk wrote:

Can you tell how is X2 acting on Slash compared to stock shock? And how did you order it, through dealer or? Thanks!

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
had it already in the past two years on my remedys.
its 230/60 instead of 230/57.5 but no clearance problems. on normal trails the difference isnt that much but for Park and racing its night and day, mostly on big hits and brakingbumps

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
pAzk wrote:

Whats the deal with the tires

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
pAzk wrote:

What did you change from stock to get that weight? Mine is 33 #s with pedals and Maxxis tires on a size large. Stock mine was right at 31#s the day I bought it.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
pAzk wrote:

im riding michelin wild enduros but they didnt arrive yet...

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
pAzk wrote:

What did you change from stock to get that weight? Mine is 33 #s with pedals and Maxxis tires on a size large. Stock mine was right at 31#s the day I bought it.

everything except the frame Wink

panchowheels at 1830g tubeless
sram 11speed x01/xx1 (next R crank to come)
chainguide absolute black
fox transfer 150
line pro stem with oneup carbon bar, esi extra chunky
slx 4piston brakes

charger 2.1 to come...

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
Just wanted to share some pictures of my new slash 8 2020.
I had a remedy for the last season, and I wanted to try a 29er this year. So far, I am very happy with it. It's even lighter than my remedy.

It's full stock, just swaped the guide R for some guide RS.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
Just a quick question ... has anyone tried running 27.5 wheels on their Slash? The backend of a Remedy and Slash are essentially identical. The only real issue I can forsee would be a low BB, but if you ran the frame in the higher position ... I dunno, just wondering if anyone has played with this.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017825
Mobile Version of Website