Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
t1maglio wrote:
Just a quick question ... has anyone tried running 27.5 wheels on their Slash? The backend of a Remedy and Slash are essentially identical. The only real issue I can forsee would be a low BB, but if you ran the frame in the higher position ... I dunno, just wondering if anyone has played with this.

Even with the Mino Link in the high geo, you will still have a lower BB casing you to strike pedals and cranks depending on the trail and rider style. Ideally, you could raise the travel in your fork by 10mm to aid with the BB height, but it is not the best to run a Slash with 27.5" wheels which is why we offer the Remedy.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
t1maglio wrote:
Just a quick question ... has anyone tried running 27.5 wheels on their Slash? The backend of a Remedy and Slash are essentially identical. The only real issue I can forsee would be a low BB, but if you ran the frame in the higher position ... I dunno, just wondering if anyone has played with this.

There is very little to no benefit. The bike is built around 29in wheels. So putting small wheels on a bike with long chain stays etc. won't make a difference. You wont notice cornering or maneuverability improvement. For a minute I ran a 27.5 in the rear and I never had any pedal strike issues. But never noticed an actual benefit unless I was riding some SUPER steep trails. Even then the only benefit was I was getting my balls ripped off. But thats just my 2 cents

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Anyone running XT 12 speed? Trying to figure out if 12 speed xt is worth it, I have had it with eagle derailleurs, and their constant chain slap.

Im thinking I'll leave the gx eagle cassette on until it wears out, then buy the xt 12 and the microspline freehub. Ill just get the derailleur and shifter for now.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Anyone running XT 12 speed? Trying to figure out if 12 speed xt is worth it, I have had it with eagle derailleurs, and their constant chain slap.

Im thinking I'll leave the gx eagle cassette on until it wears out, then buy the xt 12 and the microspline freehub. Ill just get the derailleur and shifter for now.

I own it. It's pretty good. shifts lighter than most of the sram stuff, has slightly more range and it has the multi release shifter that I am a huge fan off. It's also nice that the clutch is serviceable unlike sram.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
DIYsandvich wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

I own it. It's pretty good. shifts lighter than most of the sram stuff, has slightly more range and it has the multi release shifter that I am a huge fan off. It's also nice that the clutch is serviceable unlike sram.
Any chain slap? I'm on my 3rd gx derailleur due to the clutch's going

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
DIYsandvich wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

Any chain slap? I'm on my 3rd gx derailleur due to the clutch's going
I've only had it for 10 weeks or so but so far it's good and like I said before, you can service shimano clutch's so if chain slap begins to develop, you just gotta remove the clutch cover, clean, grease and tighten the assembly then reinstall it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Cane creek just released their progressive coil, I will be buying it for my dB coil on my slash.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Cane creek just released their progressive coil, I will be buying it for my dB coil on my slash.

Just saw that. Will be looking at one for my Remedy.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Can you guys review for me which shock configurations with will work the Slash/Remedy. 230x57.5 ... but the RS versions don't work? And there are certain Fox versions that don't work? The hardware off the stock shock can be transferred over? Yes?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
Has anyone upgraded their Slash/Remedy from Guides to Codes? Did you just leave your brake lines in and swap out levers and calipers?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
Bentjammer wrote:
Has anyone upgraded their Slash/Remedy from Guides to Codes? Did you just leave your brake lines in and swap out levers and calipers?

I have and the caliper end of the brake lines are different on the brakes so need to do the whole thing

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:31 Quote
Bentjammer wrote:
Codes have a different brake line and fittings. (stiffer hose)

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Has anyone tried upgrading the front brake to a SRAM Code and leaving the rear on Guide R?? I’m looking for an upgrade on a budget so a full brakeset is out of the question right now.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
new slx 4 piston set is 170€

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Has anyone tried upgrading the front brake to a SRAM Code and leaving the rear on Guide R?? I’m looking for an upgrade on a budget so a full brakeset is out of the question right now.

Try the Pinkbike classifieds. I got a brand new/take off set of complete front and rear Code RSCs for $300 shipped. They are well worth the price.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006273
Mobile Version of Website