Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
Yeah keep an eye out on the classifieds, I bought a set of hope tech 3 v4's for $250

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Has anyone tried upgrading the front brake to a SRAM Code and leaving the rear on Guide R?? I’m looking for an upgrade on a budget so a full brakeset is out of the question right now.

Guide Ultimate or RSC is Huge upgrade and only a lever swap. I got RSC that way Ultimate are nice for stronger lever because it's carbon

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Has anyone tried upgrading the front brake to a SRAM Code and leaving the rear on Guide R?? I’m looking for an upgrade on a budget so a full brakeset is out of the question right now.

Guide Ultimate or RSC is Huge upgrade and only a lever swap. I got RSC that way Ultimate are nice for stronger lever because it's carbon
I could do the g2 rsc levers for sure.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 20:06 Quote
Bentjammer wrote:
Has anyone upgraded their Slash/Remedy from Guides to Codes? Did you just leave your brake lines in and swap out levers and calipers?

I swapped to code. New front everything obviously. Rear, used the Sram double reverb barb to get new brake housing through internal.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
The G2s did look tempting, but the Codes are so silly strong I just couldn’t resist. That was the biggest weakness in my enduro game this year with the extremely steep West Virginia Enduro Series courses. The Guide Rs with sintered pads were really good till the bottom half of the longer runs.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
I'll contribute instead of just asking questions :-) ... my Slash.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
t1maglio wrote:
[PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/u/t1maglio/album/Slash/?directtofirstphoto][/PI]

DAMN! That is one sexy bike right there!

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
t1maglio wrote:

Nice looking Slash! Can I ask why you switched to such a small cassette? Seems like the type of terrain that calls for a Slash also calls for a wider range cassette.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
billbrasky wrote:
t1maglio wrote:

Nice looking Slash! Can I ask why you switched to such a small cassette? Seems like the type of terrain that calls for a Slash also calls for a wider range cassette.

Maybe its a park bike only?

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
t1maglio wrote:

Looks like a bike park machine. You should throw a coil on there, that'd so siick

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 4:26 Quote
Coil the plan ... I just asked what exact specs I need. Small cassette ... I built my remedy up with this set up, I don’t care about climbing. I might throw something wider range on there in the future, I might also pull the dropper and have a stubby seatpost and slammed seat :-D

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
How did you do want those trek graphics? They look awesome

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
Question.

I have a 2018 19.5 Remedy. Can I fully insert a 170mm Fox transfert seat post?

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
dsclifford wrote:
How did you do want those trek graphics? They look awesome

Graphics were done by someone at Trek ... I had the frame painted by another friend who works in Autobody repair, he cleared over it a few times so they have this embossed/raised look. I totally dig it, turned out better then I had hoped! Thanks!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
shockwave wrote:
Question.

I have a 2018 19.5 Remedy. Can I fully insert a 170mm Fox transfert seat post?

dont think so, if i remember correct even my 150mm transfer was to long to slam completly

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013018
Mobile Version of Website