Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Author Message
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
benleung wrote:
Here's my Slash!


Beauty!

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 23:56 Quote
ctburton wrote:
chickenrunz wrote:
ctburton wrote:


230mm x 57.5mm

Thanks, needed to double check. I suppose if a shock is a trunion mount it's automatically out of the equation?

I would ask, there are adapters and hardware out there. What are you looking at?

I really don't think I need a new shock. Have a 2017 remedy 9 with rockshox deluxe something or other. Not thru shaft. Thought maybe a fox dpx2 thru shaft might be better but I'm so amateur I'm not going to notice anything.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
benleung wrote:
Here's my Slash!


How is Storia performing on it? I am a month away on hitting the trigger on either Storia or X2...

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 3:49 Quote
Joining the thread fun, my 2019 Remedy 9.9

Changes from stock:
- x01 cassette
- XX1 170 mm cranks (34t)
- x01 chain (broke the original)
- swap to an old fizik saddle that suits me better
- PNW loam lever
- PNW grips (not quite a perfect colour match though)
- specialized hillbilly mud tyre for UK winter (2.6 front/2.3 rear combo)
- also had the x01 rear mech replaced twice under warranty (jockey wheel ripped out first time, sticky pivots/weak spring second)

Loves:
- quality and sensitivity of suspension (both ends are exceptional)
- confidence inspiring for steeps and jumps
- stiffness, especially useful on off camber sections
- low weight and excellent climbing ability (30lbs ready to ride) Happy doing 60k all day rides

Less loves
- upsized to get the right reach but means I have no stand over clearance and not much room for a long dropper
- sram rear mechs are not reliable
- Xt brakes hard to bleed and get consistent
- fox grip 2 needs servicing keeping on top of, about 100 hours use and it isn’t what once it was
- snapped a spoke nipple dropping a stair set


Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 4:31 Quote
Raxik wrote:
benleung wrote:
Here's my Slash!


How is Storia performing on it? I am a month away on hitting the trigger on either Storia or X2...

First ride was yesterday. Traction is insane with the EXT, not had enough time for a proper review but it’s a game changer for sure.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 5:37 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
ctburton wrote:
chickenrunz wrote:


Thanks, needed to double check. I suppose if a shock is a trunion mount it's automatically out of the equation?

I would ask, there are adapters and hardware out there. What are you looking at?

I really don't think I need a new shock. Have a 2017 remedy 9 with rockshox deluxe something or other. Not thru shaft. Thought maybe a fox dpx2 thru shaft might be better but I'm so amateur I'm not going to notice anything.

You don't have to be a certain skill level to notice the difference. The Fox DPX2 is a great shock.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Still rocking my '17 Fuel EX 29
Overkill, if you may call it, 2.8 WTB Vigilante upfront

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
Which grease do you guys use for the Rapid Drive freehub?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
NuriB wrote:
Which grease do you guys use for the Rapid Drive freehub?

My go to is the blood of the new shop kids in the basement. Jk. I use slick honey or shimano freehub grease.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 17:31 Quote
promdi wrote:
Still rocking my '17 Fuel EX 29
Overkill, if you may call it, 2.8 WTB Vigilante upfront

more overkill, my Remedy 2017 is running 2.8 Magic Mary F/R! might try to figure out how to attach a pic ...

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Hey guys, has anyone here had custom decals made for their slash 9.7/ 9.8/ 9.9 ?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Warranty frame.. so that means building it up after work


Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
mars-bar-man wrote:
Warranty frame.. so that means building it up after work

What happened to the original?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
Paint was coming away from the knockblock bolt, starting to show the carbon underneath

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
prenderville wrote:
Hey guys, has anyone here had custom decals made for their slash 9.7/ 9.8/ 9.9 ?

InvisiFrameGraphics, give them an email or instagram message and Nathan will sort you out with Slash decals. Not on the website but I got some for my Slash, great quality and service.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010205
Mobile Version of Website