Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
Thanks. Also any reason why it leaves 6mm sticking out ie won't fully go in?

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 21:07 Quote
Does anyone know if a 2019 Fox Factory 36 would fit my 2020 Remedy? I have the opportunity to buy this fork for pretty cheap, but am wondering if it would work? Also looking for opinions on if it is even worth it? Thanks.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 23:11 Quote
RemedyRider1 wrote:
Does anyone know if a 2019 Fox Factory 36 would fit my 2020 Remedy? I have the opportunity to buy this fork for pretty cheap, but am wondering if it would work? Also looking for opinions on if it is even worth it? Thanks.

Why wouldn't it fit? As long as it is not a 180mm or a 140mm fork, I don't see any reason why I would not fit your bike.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:16 Quote
I believe the top bolt holds the cartridge in place and the bottom connects to the to the release lever assembly.

chickenrunz wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
On the Bontrager seat posts I'm 99% sure the cartridge inside dictates the travel length, sounds like you may not have gotten a 150mm or the cartridge has issues. Pre 2019 units has some issues with air getting inside and the post not returning all the way.

chickenrunz wrote:
Hi, I bought a used Bontrager 150mm dropper but it's not fully extending or fully retracting. The total travel is 144mm. I am comparing it to my original 125mm (new) and the stanchions seem to be able to in deeper and come out more - it has a travel of 125mm.

Are there any bolts or screws or hints to help me get that full 150mm?

Many thanks

ok thanks, just checking that the bolt at the top of the seat post and the screw on bottom actuator has got nothing to do with the travel?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
Just make sure the steerer tube is long enough and its boost spacing and like it was mentioned the travel is correct.

RemedyRider1 wrote:

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
Did anyone try 180 travel fork on Slash (2018 ) and can share opinions? I ride 170 Lyrik upfront with 2 spacers below stem, thinking of 1 spacer and 180 travel somewhere in the future

One more question, 210 travel OneUp dropper, how far could it be slammed on Large Slash 9,7 2018?

Thx

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
Here she is, brand spanking new. Upgrading from a 2013 Stumpjumper on 26" wheels, so this should feel very different.

New steed.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
apioqm wrote:
Here she is, brand spanking new. Upgrading from a 2013 Stumpjumper on 26" wheels, so this should feel very different.

New steed.

Where?
And what bike is this?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:11 Quote
promdi wrote:
apioqm wrote:

New steed.

Where?
And what bike is this?

Slash 8

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
jacoblindstrom wrote:
promdi wrote:
apioqm wrote:

New steed.

Where?
And what bike is this?

Slash 8

I was joking
I asked because the Slash is black and the background is dark.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
Nice! My Slash 8 was a great bike! Kinda regret moving up to a carbon version as the alloy frame has a better seat angle..I just pushed the seat up a bit farther lol

apioqm wrote:

New steed.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
Has anyone tried their Trek Remedy as a mullet bike out of interest?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
I have! It was a mixed result. I used a 150mm 29er fork with a 51mm offset to try and keep the head angle somewhat less bad. Downhill and in switchbacks and steeps it was amazing! Uphill tech climbing was pretty bad and I ended up going back to a standard 27.5. If I was to use it as maybe a park or shuttle bike it would be perfect!

Blecornu20 wrote:

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
I have! It was a mixed result. I used a 150mm 29er fork with a 51mm offset to try and keep the head angle somewhat less bad. Downhill and in switchbacks and steeps it was amazing! Uphill tech climbing was pretty bad and I ended up going back to a standard 27.5. If I was to use it as maybe a park or shuttle bike it would be perfect!

Blecornu20 wrote:

Strange....with the 150mm fork the climbing position should have stayed about the same. Did you keep the bike in the low or high setting?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
Storms are battering the UK, but that still can't slow this thing down

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009335
Mobile Version of Website