Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
That was my thinking by going with the 150mm, I did try the high position but the BB felt really high in that position. Using an angle finder on my phone put the HA to 64..even with the 51 offset it just flopped around at low speed uphills.

jurassicrider wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
I have! It was a mixed result. I used a 150mm 29er fork with a 51mm offset to try and keep the head angle somewhat less bad. Downhill and in switchbacks and steeps it was amazing! Uphill tech climbing was pretty bad and I ended up going back to a standard 27.5. If I was to use it as maybe a park or shuttle bike it would be perfect!

Blecornu20 wrote:
Has anyone tried their Trek Remedy as a mullet bike out of interest?

Strange....with the 150mm fork the climbing position should have stayed about the same. Did you keep the bike in the low or high setting?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
Anyone have experience of using an "Angleset" headset to slacken their head angle?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
I had thought about that option but was not sure if it would work with Treks
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
Anyone have experience of using an "Angleset" headset to slacken their head angle?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

Pretty sure Trek responded to this previously and said it won't work, due to KnockBlock. You're also running into the issue that the headset bearing sit directly into the frame.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
I've not got knock block to worry about. I am looking to slacken the HTA on my Scratch.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 10:47 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
I have! It was a mixed result. I used a 150mm 29er fork with a 51mm offset to try and keep the head angle somewhat less bad. Downhill and in switchbacks and steeps it was amazing! Uphill tech climbing was pretty bad and I ended up going back to a standard 27.5. If I was to use it as maybe a park or shuttle bike it would be perfect!

Blecornu20 wrote:

I thought the original fork would fit a 29 inch wheel.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:

Blecornu20 wrote:

I thought the original fork would fit a 29 inch wheel.

It won’t unless you put a small tire on the front. Even then I would recommend, especially if your riding in mud

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
Hey there y’all, I’m looking at a 2016 slash 8 or a 2015 slash 7. Are they great bikes? I’m a downhill lover but want to keep it tame and would like to do some climbing as well.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:
Hey there y’all, I’m looking at a 2016 slash 8 or a 2015 slash 7. Are they great bikes? I’m a downhill lover but want to keep it tame and would like to do some climbing as well.

pretty sure the 2016 slash is the same as the current remedy but heavier.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:

I see. So it’s the same frame design? The old remedy’s only have like 140mm travel on the frame.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:
chickenrunz wrote:
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:

I see. So it’s the same frame design? The old remedy’s only have like 140mm travel on the frame.

2017 is the oldest model of the current slash frameset. The 2016 models used a different frame with 27.5" wheels instead of 29"

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 6:48 Quote
luvdownhillin1999 wrote:

Love my 16' Slash 8. Been a great do it all bike for me.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
I've not got knock block to worry about. I am looking to slacken the HTA on my Scratch.

On the Scratch, you should be good to use the Angleset then. But for our current model line with Knock Block, it's a no-go.

-Mitch

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
trek wrote:
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:

On the Scratch, you should be good to use the Angleset then. But for our current model line with Knock Block, it's a no-go.

-Mitch

Thanks, Trek!

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
Slammed X2 on the rear of my Slash... such a crazy good shock!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007955
Mobile Version of Website