Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: May 26, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
conor801 wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
just upgraded my rear hub to 108 engagement, sounds awesome, will be testing on a ride shortly

I'm only just learning what 108 engagement is but seems its a quick & relatively cheap upgrade. Let me know what you think of it after testing.

This is the first upgrade I do on my new Trek's. It's a cheap, easy and makes a big difference if you ride tech stuff.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Got out for some riding for the first time in a while. This bike is so damn good.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Got out for some riding for the first time in a while. This bike is so damn good.

You appear to have broken your right ankle...

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
ha! Fisheye lens does some weird stuff lol

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 1:44 Quote
Does anyone use protection tape on their matte slash/remedy frame's?

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
Sander720 wrote:

Using gloss Invisiframe on my Slash 8, they cut it to fit per size as well.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
Sander720 wrote:

I've taken two nasty spills - one on Jackson's, and one on Horsetheif Bench- both desert rides where my bike bounced over lots of rocks. RideWrap did an incredible job of protecting the frame from dings and scratches. I'll never get another bike without first applying RideWrap.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
dustn323 wrote:
Sander720 wrote:

I've taken two nasty spills - one on Jackson's, and one on Horsetheif Bench- both desert rides where my bike bounced over lots of rocks. RideWrap did an incredible job of protecting the frame from dings and scratches. I'll never get another bike without first applying RideWrap.

Funny you mention Horsethief. Was just there and I haven't used them I don't like how glossy they get even with the matte option still turns it pretty glossy in comparison. My bike already has seen action but my buddy had new transition patrol on trip and definitely got couple spots and the ride wrap got delivered to his house while we are in the desert. Don't believe ride wrap will save from any actual dingers still will dent no doubt. Think scratches give some character makes it look like you ride and it's not just a garage baby. But some are just that I guess. When mine gets bad enough I'll tear it down and refinish it to my own liking! Honestly will be an awesome day when it comes.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
Now I've got some photos from my trip last week where I was on the bike everyday! And so enough chat here's some pictures to add to the thread!

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
Never took a photo when the spanks were brand new but here's a Pic after cleaning 5 days of desert off!

Did not even cross my mind to line up maxxis lettering in anyway. Still ended up with both close to each other but that will be changed when I get some different longer tubeless stems.

I will say yes at first going from the 108 to the spank oozy wheelset I noticed a big difference in engagement. It got to me for little bit but once I got used to the way the cranks were gonna be I was climbing the most tech stuff I honestly ever have. Still gonna get different hub down the road but think I'm gonna be super solid for now. I did some difficult tech and thats also not my everyday jam so I'll be good for bit!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 16:24 Quote
Just got a Remedy 9.7 frame and swapping my parts over...

Found I need a bontrager stem for knockblock to not slip but I don't really want to get rid of my Burgtec stem.And because i'm picky for looks I don't want to run the adapter. So my question is has anyone dremeled out their stem to cut the grooves in? I know someone has done it with a renthal stem but that looks like it's been done properly and not "bodged."

I ask this as I have seen other Remedy's with "aftermarket" stems on them and am curious

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
Davebob wrote:

Found I need a bontrager stem for knockblock to not slip but I don't really want to get rid of my Burgtec stem.And because i'm picky for looks I don't want to run the adapter. So my question is has anyone dremeled out their stem to cut the grooves in? I know someone has done it with a renthal stem but that looks like it's been done properly and not "bodged."

I ask this as I have seen other Remedy's with "aftermarket" stems on them and am curious

Wolf tooth makes a knock block stem

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
Davebob wrote:

I'm about to ditch the knockblock by getting a reverse compenents .5 degree spacer. Then can use whatever stem spacers or whatever you want and also have full motion with bars then for real x ups and even spins if you set cables for it. Seen couple guys have some nutty videos on remedy 8 doing bar spins. I want it to ditch knockblock and would like that extra slackness!

P. S. Also I do use the knockblock adapter spacer to use any form of spacers I want. Issue is if you do ride really hard that adapter sucks and will lossen up then you'll have goo motion turning one way and not the other.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009023
Mobile Version of Website