Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
There's a spacer that's makes things slacker!!

I'd be all in if it didn't look horrendous. Why is it tapered in. Why not just flush. Looks terrible. Shame.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
Good thing when you ride you don't look under your downtube then Wink

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Think I'll just change the shaft to 170mm and keep the clean lines and gain the slacker angle

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 1:37 Quote
Davebob wrote:
Just got a Remedy 9.7 frame and swapping my parts over...

Found I need a bontrager stem for knockblock to not slip but I don't really want to get rid of my Burgtec stem.And because i'm picky for looks I don't want to run the adapter. So my question is has anyone dremeled out their stem to cut the grooves in? I know someone has done it with a renthal stem but that looks like it's been done properly and not "bodged."

I ask this as I have seen other Remedy's with "aftermarket" stems on them and am curious

I have same problem, curious to try shorter stem, but don't want to use that adapter. Seen on other forums that people mill out aftermarket stems to fit knockblock with no problem (just actual milling might be a problem).

Angle spacer will solve this problem, but also create another. Every time you crash you will rip off brake hoses or even brake levers.

Personally I like knockblock. Don't have any problems on the trail and it already saved my brakes and hoses a bunch of times. Plus with knockblock you can shorten your brake and gear cables to the minimum for a clean cockpit.

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
Vyckinis wrote:
Davebob wrote:

Found I need a bontrager stem for knockblock to not slip but I don't really want to get rid of my Burgtec stem.And because i'm picky for looks I don't want to run the adapter. So my question is has anyone dremeled out their stem to cut the grooves in? I know someone has done it with a renthal stem but that looks like it's been done properly and not "bodged."

I ask this as I have seen other Remedy's with "aftermarket" stems on them and am curious

I have same problem, curious to try shorter stem, but don't want to use that adapter. Seen on other forums that people mill out aftermarket stems to fit knockblock with no problem (just actual milling might be a problem).

Angle spacer will solve this problem, but also create another. Every time you crash you will rip off brake hoses or even brake levers.

Personally I like knockblock. Don't have any problems on the trail and it already saved my brakes and hoses a bunch of times. Plus with knockblock you can shorten your brake and gear cables to the minimum for a clean cockpit.

Good points, I have ridden it with my current setup of the top knock block spacer sanded down so I can put my stem on and it's not that bad. I ended up ordering both. Cables for me luckily are not a problem as I am redoing my brake hose, as when I swapped my frame I had to thread the back one through (half an hour of swearing at my bike when my peice of string came out of the frame)

The aim of the bike is to make it a jib bike anyways, I was single speed on my last frame and loved it. Just need to remove the dropper post now. The last photo is really potato but you get the idea.
photo
photo

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
Davebob wrote:
StokedExplorer wrote:
Davebob wrote:

I'm about to ditch the knockblock by getting a reverse compenents .5 degree spacer. Then can use whatever stem spacers or whatever you want and also have full motion with bars then for real x ups and even spins if you set cables for it. Seen couple guys have some nutty videos on remedy 8 doing bar spins. I want it to ditch knockblock and would like that extra slackness!

P. S. Also I do use the knockblock adapter spacer to use any form of spacers I want. Issue is if you do ride really hard that adapter sucks and will lossen up then you'll have goo motion turning one way and not the other.

Cheers mate, means I don't have to use that adapter which someone linked me lol. Am I right that this spaces the fork down enough that the crown can clear the downtube?

Correctomundo! It drops it enough to clear so no need for knockblock stuff

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
Davebob wrote:
Vyckinis wrote:
Davebob wrote:

Good points, I have ridden it with my current setup of the top knock block spacer sanded down so I can put my stem on and it's not that bad. I ended up ordering both. Cables for me luckily are not a problem as I am redoing my brake hose, as when I swapped my frame I had to thread the back one through (half an hour of swearing at my bike when my peice of string came out of the frame)

The aim of the bike is to make it a jib bike anyways, I was single speed on my last frame and loved it. Just need to remove the dropper post now. The last photo is really potato but you get the idea.
photo
photo

Looks rad! Yeah I honestly would like to continue my dh shred sled build on current remedy in 18.5 but almost want to get a small frame remedy and maybe even reduce the travel by like 10mm each then maybe even throw 26s and the reverse components spacer to ditch knockblock and have plenty of cable twisted around headset and have a little custom slopestyle dj remedy

I go to a lot of dj parks here and lots of times some jump lines feel weird and hard to keep speed on this long bike and it's only going to get longer way I'm building it for dh parks. So doing a smaller frame remedy dj build or buy a real slopestyle or dj bike would be nice to have

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
That's sick man, so good to see 26 getting some love. I ended up sizing down when I got this frame. I came from a Identiti Mettle in size M which is the equivilant of a size L in reach and wow does the remedy feel so much more playful. Someone needs to make a folding mtb frame? What could go wrong...

When lockdown ends i'm going to be back on dirt jumps on this, I'll post again when I get it 100% built.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
Davebob wrote:
That's sick man, so good to see 26 getting some love. I ended up sizing down when I got this frame. I came from a Identiti Mettle in size M which is the equivilant of a size L in reach and wow does the remedy feel so much more playful. Someone needs to make a folding mtb frame? What could go wrong...

When lockdown ends i'm going to be back on dirt jumps on this, I'll post again when I get it 100% built.

Yeah honestly the way I'm planning to build my dh shredsled of a remedy I wish had the 17.5 cause I'm really making it longer and slacker already. But yeah if money wasn't a factor I'd build a slopestyle/dj remedy with 26in wheels no doubt. But most likely will buy one the many used dirt jumpers posted here in CO at somepoint.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
Think I destroyed the gx derailleur! Sad day cause I won't be able to ride my bike until get a new one. Decision time. Anyone upgraded to the xo1 or anything different? Is it worth double the price of gx? I'm not so sure and may stick with gx but want to hear peoples opinions

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
have you got a link please I hate the knock block tbh, found it no worries, this is a fair better option than the clamp thanks

StokedExplorer wrote:
Davebob wrote:

I'm about to ditch the knockblock by getting a reverse compenents .5 degree spacer. Then can use whatever stem spacers or whatever you want and also have full motion with bars then for real x ups and even spins if you set cables for it. Seen couple guys have some nutty videos on remedy 8 doing bar spins. I want it to ditch knockblock and would like that extra slackness!

P. S. Also I do use the knockblock adapter spacer to use any form of spacers I want. Issue is if you do ride really hard that adapter sucks and will lossen up then you'll have goo motion turning one way and not the other.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
PJwebbs wrote:
Think I'll just change the shaft to 170mm and keep the clean lines and gain the slacker angle

170mm as well as spacer for full degree. Still some bikes I've enjoyed testing are around the 64 degree head angle so that's what I'm kinda aiming at. 170mm airspring upgrade. I'll get another half degree from reverse component spacer. So I'll be at 64.5 for a bit but down road would like to buy a 180mm fork upgrade and then I'll be at my 64 degree goal for my shredsled! Probably pull stroke spacer on my 230x60 to be 65. Honestly do a lot of shuttle laps with homies here in CO!

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
Has anyone on here actually fitted a reverse spacer? If so any good? Pics?

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
PJwebbs wrote:

Mine is coming later this week so I'll provide some pics then

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
Davebob wrote:
PJwebbs wrote:

Mine is coming later this week so I'll provide some pics then

Excellent, can't wait to see it. If it looks acceptable then I'll most probably grab one lol. I also want a degree of the head angle, but don't just want to add 20mm travel.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020618
Mobile Version of Website