Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2020 at 4:37 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
ranon wrote:
I'm stuck deciding on sizing on a remedy. i only know how the 15.5 feels since i demoed it at the bike park. Felt so good though! i am 5'5, 27" inseam for reference. is it worth to try a 17.5 or stick with a 15.5?

I'm a little late, but i'm the same height and a 28inch leg and a 17.5 was perfect for me.

5'7"ish with a similar inseam to you guys. Riding a 17.5" and loving it.

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Fark wrote:
Well hello there.
I am thinking of upgrading my RockShox Yari to a ZEB Ultimate 160 mm.
Did any of you guys run the 38 offset fork on a Trek Remedy 7 2019?
The Yari comes stock with a 44 offset.
Cheers

Remember the zeb has a taller axle to crown height, if you want to maintain the same geometry you would be better off with a lyric or upgrading the internals of the Yari

Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
*Finally scored a great Eagle cassette(XG1295/10-52,.. waiting on the SunRace 11-51>which has some very interesting cog tooth numbers compared to the Eagle line,..

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
Winter riding.

My 2019 9.8 after a bash through snowy forests in Finland.

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the newer, trunnion, Remedy shock would work for a previous version?

Could this: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2939272/ fit on a 2017 Remedy?

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 22:16 Quote
EarninTurns wrote:
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the newer, trunnion, Remedy shock would work for a previous version?

Yes, but I would definitely not spend that kind of money on a RS Reaktiv shock.

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 5:10 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
EarninTurns wrote:
Hey guys,

Nice. So I'm not the only one who's had issues with them in the past then???? I would've thought RS/Trek would've fixed them with the current models. Having issues with my current setup and I need something to gimp me along until NBD. Thanks for the response.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
EarninTurns wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
EarninTurns wrote:
Hey guys,

Nice. So I'm not the only one who's had issues with them in the past then???? I would've thought RS/Trek would've fixed them with the current models. Having issues with my current setup and I need something to gimp me along until NBD. Thanks for the response.

I had an issue when I picked up my brand new 2019 two years ago. It never left the shop, they sent a new one and it was fine after that. It actually was pretty good with a megneg on it. However, you do need to check the thrushaft every few months to make sure it isn't loose. It barely has any torque on it.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
EarninTurns wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

I had an issue when I picked up my brand new 2019 two years ago. It never left the shop, they sent a new one and it was fine after that. It actually was pretty good with a megneg on it. However, you do need to check the thrushaft every few months to make sure it isn't loose. It barely has any torque on it.

I had mine totally serviced, rode a few times but then got a float x2 for christmas. So i could sell you mine if you want.

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 21:07 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
EarninTurns wrote:

I had mine totally serviced, rode a few times but then got a float x2 for christmas. So i could sell you mine if you want.

I appreciate it, however, looks like I can get a pretty rad RS Deluxe or X2 for not much more. I'm headed down that route rather than settling for what's likely going to be mediocre. I switched from Re:Aktiv to DVO and was really pleased but need to now replace the DVO

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 22:04 Quote
EarninTurns wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

I appreciate it, however, looks like I can get a pretty rad RS Deluxe or X2 for not much more. I'm headed down that route rather than settling for what's likely going to be mediocre. I switched from Re:Aktiv to DVO and was really pleased but need to now replace the DVO

What's wrong with the DVO? Why not coil?

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
EarninTurns wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

TBH idk how much better it's going to get for you. That DVO shock is good (I had it on another bike) and I'm not sure that even the float x2 is going to make a significant difference of any kind. (Unless you just love to turn ALL the clickers! Smile )

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
Just for awareness:
https://www.emtbforums.com/community/threads/knock-block-failed-trek-rail-9-8-carbon-frame-damage.15664/

I don't know how many of you had seen this post.
Yesterday I had a small crash like OP of the thread above.
Luckily I didn't damage anything else but the knock block frame chip broke so easily that I am not wondering how such thing could happen.
I consider myself lucky but I will never buy a frame with this feature again.
Too much risk of a small crash ending in a catastrophic failure.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
Looks like a big crash to me

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
cyclesoul wrote:
Fark wrote:
Well hello there.
I am thinking of upgrading my RockShox Yari to a ZEB Ultimate 160 mm.
Did any of you guys run the 38 offset fork on a Trek Remedy 7 2019?
The Yari comes stock with a 44 offset.
Cheers

Remember the zeb has a taller axle to crown height, if you want to maintain the same geometry you would be better off with a lyric or upgrading the internals of the Yari

I was thinking of doing the same thing to my 2020 Slash 8. Switching from the Yari 160 to the new Zeb Ultimate 160. My understanding is that the Zeb is only 5mm longer in the axle to crown height. Does anyone know if that is true? I can't imagine that 5mm would change the geometry that much. My Yari has a 42mm offset, and the Zeb has 44mm, so that is a small difference too. Anyone see this swap being a bad idea? I'm a 6'2 200 pound rider, so I like the idea of the beefier fork rather than going to the Lyrik.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014545
Mobile Version of Website