Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Author Message
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
Renouff wrote:
WharfRatNJ wrote:
ctburton wrote:


As a 5' 7" dude the 17.5" will work fine for you, but I've often thought 18.5" might be the sweet spot.

5'7 dude here. Can confirm 17.5 is perfect

I've tried a medium and feels very comfortable, do you find yours poppy and playful?

It still feels plenty playful to me. I never tried a medium but feel like it would be cramped.

I do have fairly short legs so maybe the longer upper body is making the m/l not feel too big?

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
Renouff wrote:
WharfRatNJ wrote:
ctburton wrote:


As a 5' 7" dude the 17.5" will work fine for you, but I've often thought 18.5" might be the sweet spot.

5'7 dude here. Can confirm 17.5 is perfect

I've tried a medium and feels very comfortable, do you find yours poppy and playful?

yes, very much

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 23:55 Quote
I'm looking at replacing the shock on my 2020 slash 8 with a super deluxe from a 2021 remedy as I've been offered one at a good price. Will this fit?
Both are 230x57.5 but one is trunnion and one is regular

Any info will be much appreciated

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Dustysdawg wrote:
cyclesoul wrote:


Remember the zeb has a taller axle to crown height, if you want to maintain the same geometry you would be better off with a lyric or upgrading the internals of the Yari

I was thinking of doing the same thing to my 2020 Slash 8. Switching from the Yari 160 to the new Zeb Ultimate 160. My understanding is that the Zeb is only 5mm longer in the axle to crown height. Does anyone know if that is true? I can't imagine that 5mm would change the geometry that much. My Yari has a 42mm offset, and the Zeb has 44mm, so that is a small difference too. Anyone see this swap being a bad idea? I'm a 6'2 200 pound rider, so I like the idea of the beefier fork rather than going to the Lyrik.

Only thing that is stopping me from doing that is my bank account. Trek frames are usually designed to increase fork travel by 10mm with no problem, so that extra 5 won't be an issue. When i had a 2016 remedy, I bumped the fork up to 150 and didn't have any negatives that I could tell. I say go for it!

I think you can get the same Lyrik internals to upgrade Yari, I upgraded my 2019 Lyrik with 170mm air spring and 2.1 charger, Its good and way cheaper than Zeb.[/Quote]

I put the Zeb Ultimate on my 2020 Slash 8 back in the beginning of January, and have put 15-20 hours on it since then. Love the way it rides. To me it feels more stable than the Yari. Duh! I'm still playing with the tuning a little. RockShox recommends 70 pounds of air for my 200 pound rider weight. To get 25% sag I had to go down to 65 pounds. 7 Clicks counterclockwise feels right so far on the rebound damper. Nothing on the low speed or high speed compression settings yet. Just fully counterclockwise.
Also added some Oynx Vesper hubs and Colorado Carbon rims. No more hub pawl noise. Yay!


Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
My wheel has the same problem.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 21:27 Quote
My wheel has the same problem. Everything was recently tightened. Is it bad to ride on it for a couple rides? I'm not a super aggressive rider and I've already been riding a tiny bit. Is it treally that big of a deal and it needs to get fixed?

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my Remedy 9.7 2019.
Is there anyone who has the colour code of the matte cobra blood colour?
My chainstay has a lot of paint chips and i want to paint it again.

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Devide wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my Remedy 9.7 2019.
Is there anyone who has the colour code of the matte cobra blood colour?
My chainstay has a lot of paint chips and i want to paint it again.

Thanks!

The close match in a Pantone code for Cobra Blood is PMS 7631.

-Mitch

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
trek wrote:
Devide wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my Remedy 9.7 2019.
Is there anyone who has the colour code of the matte cobra blood colour?
My chainstay has a lot of paint chips and i want to paint it again.

Thanks!

The close match in a Pantone code for Cobra Blood is PMS 7631.

-Mitch

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
@trek What is the max insertion for the dropper post on 2017 Remedy 9.8 18.5"? Thanks.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
Vyckinis wrote:
@trek What is the max insertion for the dropper post on 2017 Remedy 9.8 18.5"? Thanks.

269.5mm is the total possible insertion depth.

-Mitch

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
trek wrote:
Vyckinis wrote:
@trek What is the max insertion for the dropper post on 2017 Remedy 9.8 18.5"? Thanks.

269.5mm is the total possible insertion depth.

-Mitch

Are You sure that is for my exact model and size?
I did some rough measurements and it is about 230mm, maaaybe 235mm.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Trek remedy

Built up a mullet Remedy with a 29" 160mm fox 36, loving the way it rides currently but did come across the Cascade components Remedy link that drops the bb 5mm, slackens the head angle 0.5 degrees and ups progression from 17% to 25%.

https://cascadecomponents.co.uk/products/remedy-link?variant=32297919643708

Like the idea of dropping the bb down close to the 27.5" setup bb high, the slacker head angle and progression is a added bonus!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on the link and if its worth paying £280 for?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
steveo-dh wrote:
Trek remedy

Built up a mullet Remedy with a 29" 160mm fox 36, loving the way it rides currently but did come across the Cascade components Remedy link that drops the bb 5mm, slackens the head angle 0.5 degrees and ups progression from 17% to 25%.

https://cascadecomponents.co.uk/products/remedy-link?variant=32297919643708

Like the idea of dropping the bb down close to the 27.5" setup bb high, the slacker head angle and progression is a added bonus!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on the link and if its worth paying £280 for?

I'm tempted to try it, but no personal experience. I'm wondering if it will be too progressive with an air shock. Might be better with a coil.

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
Danej22 wrote:
I'm looking at replacing the shock on my 2020 slash 8 with a super deluxe from a 2021 remedy as I've been offered one at a good price. Will this fit?
Both are 230x57.5 but one is trunnion and one is regular

Any info will be much appreciated

Hi! Honestly don't know if that one will fit, but the 2020 and 2021 frame are the same...
Going for an Ohlins coil shock myself on my 2020 Remedy 8.
The Thru Shaft seems to be miserable... What's your reason for willing to change your shock?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008680
Mobile Version of Website