Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
trailcruiser wrote:
Hello all!

Anyone experience with a coil shock on a 2020 or 2021 Remedy?

If so what's the spring rate and what's your weight + how much sag do you run?

Ohlins website recommends a 548 lbs/in spring for 30% sag and my 92 kgs (205 lbs).

Is 30% a good starting point in your opinion for all-around use (jumping included)?

Cheers,

Bram from Belgium

I put a Super Deluxe coil on my 2019 Remedy, same frame, 86 kg ready to ride, 28-30% sag 500 spring

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
trailcruiser wrote:
Hello all!

Anyone experience with a coil shock on a 2020 or 2021 Remedy?

If so what's the spring rate and what's your weight + how much sag do you run?

Ohlins website recommends a 548 lbs/in spring for 30% sag and my 92 kgs (205 lbs).

Is 30% a good starting point in your opinion for all-around use (jumping included)?

Cheers,

Bram from Belgium

78kg, 500# spring, 28% sag. Might go up to a 550lb spring. 450 was definitely too light and 500 still feels a little light for more aggressive enduro. Sag depends on preload, but 30% is good. Make sure you get the 230x60mm shock (not 57.5) so you get an extra ~6mm of travel.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 3:22 Quote
Yeah Ohlins coil on my remedy

70kgs ready to ride 28% sag and a 411 lbs spring

I stuck to the 57.5 shaft length, didn't want it sitting lower in its travel at the back and perhaps making it a worse climber with the 60mm

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
Titusrider wrote:
Yeah Ohlins coil on my remedy

70kgs ready to ride 28% sag and a 411 lbs spring

I stuck to the 57.5 shaft length, didn't want it sitting lower in its travel at the back and perhaps making it a worse climber with the 60mm

photo

Lovely bike Drool

I miss my remedy sometimes. This bike was just so fun to ride.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
2020 Remedy 8 with Cascade Components linkage and a 170mm Lyric RC2

remedy 8 w cascade components linkage

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 2:23 Quote
Hello there,

I have a problem with my Trek Remedy 8 that i have bought in August 2019. The color on the top tube where the treads are is begining to blister. I contacted my local Trek dealer and they opened an warranty claim to Trek but Trek rejected it.

I quote what they answer was :

"Thanks for submitting this claim. What we are seeing here are not air bubbles under the paint, but minor corrosion that has been allowed to propogate. This can often occur with exposure to conductive elements like sweat, sports drink, water, etc. Corrosion is not something covered under warranty as this is preventable through routine maintenance and cleaning. I would be willing to offer this customer a helmet or some shoes (for example) as a goodwill gesture. If that is something they are interested in let me know what they would like."

I had i simmilar problem with Specialized Enduro in 2016 and they offered me a replacement frame so i am disappointed with the Treks warranty.

Has anyone had similar problems and what do you suggest? I am plan to contact Trek directly because this is not the first bad situation whith this frame.
photo
photo
photo
photo

Thanks a lot.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 4:16 Quote
booMcaT wrote:
2020 Remedy 8 with Cascade Components linkage and a 170mm Lyric RC2

How is the link? Have been thinking about getting one for my bike

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 5:44 Quote
dejco21 wrote:
Hello there,

I have a problem with my Trek Remedy 8 that i have bought in August 2019. The color on the top tube where the treads are is begining to blister. I contacted my local Trek dealer and they opened an warranty claim to Trek but Trek rejected it.

Has anyone had similar problems and what do you suggest? I am plan to contact Trek directly because this is not the first bad situation whith this frame.
photo

Thanks a lot.

Are those the stock screws/plugs ? they seems to be restricting water & air flow from your frame which has pooled and created a problem?

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 5:46 Quote
steveo-dh wrote:

Honeslty, have not ridden it much yet just installed the other night. I am stoked for the increased leverage curve though! other than that, it is an absolute work of art, which is why i went raw instead of matching with anodized black. If you want more progressivity, i would definitely suggest the linkage!

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
booMcaT wrote:
dejco21 wrote:
Hello there,

photo

Thanks a lot.

Are those the stock screws/plugs ? they seems to be restricting water & air flow from your frame which has pooled and created a problem?

Yes they are stock. I havent touch them because i dont need them. :/

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
booMcaT wrote:
steveo-dh wrote:

Honeslty, have not ridden it much yet just installed the other night. I am stoked for the increased leverage curve though! other than that, it is an absolute work of art, which is why i went raw instead of matching with anodized black. If you want more progressivity, i would definitely suggest the linkage!

90% sure I will get one, going to get the silver one for the same reason even though black would match better haha

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
dejco21 wrote:
booMcaT wrote:
dejco21 wrote:
Hello there,

photo

Thanks a lot.

Yes they are stock. I havent touch them because i dont need them. :/

Restricting water n air flow...wait whhhaaatt, it’s not a radiator Smile

Well trek is correct this is corrosion and is not a defect, and it is preventable with simple maintenance . I’m guessing you have an indoor trainer and you spend quite a bit of time on it? Wash your sweat off dudeSmile ! And you did this on another frame as well...... you got lucky with specialized.. can’t always be lucky

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
I put the 57.5x230 Cane Creek Kitsuma DB Air on my 2020 Slash 8. Way better than the rockshox deluxe rt3, re:aktiv that came on it. Much smoother while going fast through braking bumps. Better feel when landing jumps.
I can post a more close up picture of the shock, if anyone wants to see it.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034235
Mobile Version of Website