Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
shralping-the-cube wrote:
so far, I just think it's ok. It is nice how agile it is. my last two bikes have been long slack 29ers, and so far I prefer those. Hoping I like it more after I get used to it. may try it as a mullet, as I have a zeb laying around that will work.

Set it up as a mullet you'll like it more. I was in the same boat as you and then I put a 160mm 29er Zeb on mine and like it way more.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
ChallengeButter wrote:
so far, I just think it's ok. It is nice how agile it is. my last two bikes have been long slack 29ers, and so far I prefer those. Hoping I like it more after I get used to it. may try it as a mullet, as I have a zeb laying around that will work.

Set it up as a mullet you'll like it more. I was in the same boat as you and then I put a 160mm 29er Zeb on mine and like it way more.

cool. good to know. I'll try it out.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 1:30 Quote
Coil now on, only had it out once, but feels great. Might need to up the spring rate though.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
My 2020 Remedy 9.8

Trek Remedy 9.8 2020 avec Fox DPX2 Maxxis Minion DHF DHR.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
dannykennard wrote:
Coil now on, only had it out once, but feels great. Might need to up the spring rate though.

photo

@dannykennard - what spring rate and what's your weight?

The tan walled tires are looking good on all these Remedys. Might be time for me to switch.

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
dannykennard wrote:

photo
That looks the business, nice work.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
photo

finally got a dropper. I like the bike climbing. don't care for it descending so far. would much rather be on a slack 29er on the terrain I like. might have to try mullet.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
finally got a dropper. I like the bike climbing. don't care for it descending so far. would much rather be on a slack 29er on the terrain I like. might have to try mullet.

I have a slash and my friend has a remedy, and I've had the same experience when i've had a go on his bike. It climbs great, amazing on jumps, but in the tech and fast stuff it feels too skittish for my liking. It feels like you are balancing on top of the bike, rather than "in it" like you do on a longer 29er. I think the head angle on those remedies is on the steeper side by todays standards so I suppose that could be a contributing factor...

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 8:13 Quote
its-joe wrote:

I have a slash and my friend has a remedy, and I've had the same experience when i've had a go on his bike. It climbs great, amazing on jumps, but in the tech and fast stuff it feels too skittish for my liking. It feels like you are balancing on top of the bike, rather than "in it" like you do on a longer 29er. I think the head angle on those remedies is on the steeper side by todays standards so I suppose that could be a contributing factor...

Yeah. That’s it exactly. I feel like I’m on top of the bike rather than in it. It takes a lot of effort not to get bucked forward in the chunky stuff. The HTA is actually the same as the Switchblade I’ve been riding, but that bike is much longer and a 29er, and I feel like I’m in the bike rather than on it.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Anyone have any inside leaks on what the 2022 and beyond plans are for the Remedy?

I'd almost welcome a new design built around a mullet setup.

Anyone hearing anything?

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
alright, I did it. boss had a Zeb and a wheel laying around, so I swapped it. going to take it out for a ride right now. it's a 160 fork with the same size tire, so it should be around 2.5 degrees slacker. feels wayyy slacker, and also quite a bit heavier, just from riding around the parking lot and bunny hopping curbs.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
I'm a convert. totally sold on the 160 mullet. way better than the original setup. it's not a monster truck like a long slack 29er, but it's much more stable than the stock 160/27.5 setup, while still being easy to throw around corners and agile while climbing.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 1:32 Quote
I'm a convert. totally sold on the 160 mullet. way better than the original setup. it's not a monster truck like a long slack 29er, but it's much more stable than the stock 160/27.5 setup, while still being easy to throw around corners and agile while climbing.
That's ace! Did you notice any negative effect on seated climbing position from the slacker STA?

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 2:05 Quote
its an absolute beast of a bike in mullet, but generally requires a drop to 150mm travel or next frame size up.
im 6ft and was on an XL remedy mullet.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
its-joe wrote:
That's ace! Did you notice any negative effect on seated climbing position from the slacker STA?

No. I expected to, but it didn’t bother me, even climbing very steep trails.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018785
Mobile Version of Website