Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
Hi!
I have a 2019 Remedy 8 and could get a damper from the 21 Slash for the wheel, however, this is a Truhshaft damper.
Dimensions are 230x62,5
Can anyone tell me if the damper fits easily in the Remedy?

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
wouldn't recommend.
remedy is 230/57,7. 230/60 fits but no warranty...
think 62,5 is to much

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
You can get offset bushings but I don't think they do any that offset 2.5mm at each end

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
You may be able to change the shock length internally? Check it

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
cyclesoul wrote:
You may be able to change the shock length internally? Check it

Supposedly you can travel the shock internally with plastic spacers.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
Wow, I just found this thread. There's my 2016 Remedy 9.8 from last week; most fun bike I've ever owned! The only change I've made to it is going tubeless with the Minions, and that was only about a month ago. Question: is there such a thing as a suspension/parts diagram for this bike? Best I've found is a diagram for a 2010 Remedy...
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
sulfurlad wrote:
Wow, I just found this thread. There's my 2016 Remedy 9.8 from last week; most fun bike I've ever owned! The only change I've made to it is going tubeless with the Minions, and that was only about a month ago. Question: is there such a thing as a suspension/parts diagram for this bike? Best I've found is a diagram for a 2010 Remedy...
photo

Yes, there is an exploded view but you would have to ask trek for that. The easiest way is just going on the live chat on their website and seeing if they have such one.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
DERPOWaterpig wrote:
sulfurlad wrote:

Yes, there is an exploded view but you would have to ask trek for that. The easiest way is just going on the live chat on their website and seeing if they have such one.

Thanks! Will try that out.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
Any one on here play around with angle adjust headsets? Thinking about getting the Wolf Tooth headset to slacken out my 2016 Remedy. The wolf tooth headset changes the angle by 1 degree

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Any one on here play around with angle adjust headsets? Thinking about getting the Wolf Tooth headset to slacken out my 2016 Remedy. The wolf tooth headset changes the angle by 1 degree

no, but now I want to do that to my 19.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
Works Components have great ones too. Bought one to try but never got to before that bike was destroyed by a airline.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 0:04 Quote
Hello Guys, over two years ago I had gotten into mountain biking, and it really kicked off for me. I quickly improved in the sport, so much even to have a demand of better gear of which recently became a bike. I currently have a GT Fury Fitz, and after really giving it some though and considering the conditions that I bike in, I really might need an enduro. Now this is getting difficult for me. I have a budget of $3000, and am looking for a decent Enduro. Currently I have my eyes on a 2016 Trek Slash 8, but any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dudes!

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
mtinko wrote:
Hello Guys, over two years ago I had gotten into mountain biking, and it really kicked off for me. I quickly improved in the sport, so much even to have a demand of better gear of which recently became a bike. I currently have a GT Fury Fitz, and after really giving it some though and considering the conditions that I bike in, I really might need an enduro. Now this is getting difficult for me. I have a budget of $3000, and am looking for a decent Enduro. Currently I have my eyes on a 2016 Trek Slash 8, but any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dudes!

What kind of riding are you wanting to do with the bike? Where are you located?

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
mtinko wrote:

Thanks dudes!

I am located in BC and mostly ride the small mountains that I have to walk not ride up with my DH... I occasionally go to whistler aswell.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
mtinko wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
mtinko wrote:

Thanks dudes!

I am located in BC and mostly ride the small mountains that I have to walk not ride up with my DH... I occasionally go to whistler aswell.

I would say that Slash or something super similar would be great for what you're wanting. If that one falls through I would look for bikes that are:

27.5 or 29 wheels (Personal preference; if the trails you normally ride have pretty tight turns I'd stick with 27.5)
160mm+ travel (For the most part 160mm will handle everything you throw at it unless you are just riding really chunky technical DH trails all the time)
Have a dropper post
Have GX or similar or better groupset (Have atleast a 11 sp derailleur)

Other bikes to look at would be a Commencal Clash, Transition Patrol, or a Santa Cruz Nomad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020466
Mobile Version of Website