Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
mtinko wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
mtinko wrote:
Hello Guys, over two years ago I had gotten into mountain biking, and it really kicked off for me. I quickly improved in the sport, so much even to have a demand of better gear of which recently became a bike. I currently have a GT Fury Fitz, and after really giving it some though and considering the conditions that I bike in, I really might need an enduro. Now this is getting difficult for me. I have a budget of $3000, and am looking for a decent Enduro. Currently I have my eyes on a 2016 Trek Slash 8, but any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dudes!

What kind of riding are you wanting to do with the bike? Where are you located?

I am located in BC and mostly ride the small mountains that I have to walk not ride up with my DH... I occasionally go to whistler aswell.

I would say that Slash or something super similar would be great for what you're wanting. If that one falls through I would look for bikes that are:

27.5 or 29 wheels (Personal preference; if the trails you normally ride have pretty tight turns I'd stick with 27.5)
160mm+ travel (For the most part 160mm will handle everything you throw at it unless you are just riding really chunky technical DH trails all the time)
Have a dropper post
Have GX or similar or better groupset (Have atleast a 11 sp derailleur)

Other bikes to look at would be a Commencal Clash, Transition Patrol, or a Santa Cruz Nomad.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
mtinko wrote:
Hello Guys, over two years ago I had gotten into mountain biking, and it really kicked off for me. I quickly improved in the sport, so much even to have a demand of better gear of which recently became a bike. I currently have a GT Fury Fitz, and after really giving it some though and considering the conditions that I bike in, I really might need an enduro. Now this is getting difficult for me. I have a budget of $3000, and am looking for a decent Enduro. Currently I have my eyes on a 2016 Trek Slash 8, but any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dudes!

I don't know about The Slashes, but if You consider looking at the very universal Remedys (160/150mm), search for 2017 or newer models, because they have that "modern" geometry, updated construction as well as boost spacing.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
2021 Slash 8, size L. Dyedbro Aotearoa wrap and Invisiframe grey decals. Stoked on how this came out compared to the stock orange that looked blah. Only other mods over stock are tires, 200mm rear rotor, and PNW 200mm dropper.

2021 Trek Slash 8. Dyedbro Aotearoa wrap Invisiframe decals
2021 Trek Slash 8. Dyedbro Aotearoa wrap / Invisiframe decals

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 15:51 Quote
Vyckinis wrote:
mtinko wrote:

Thanks dudes!

I don't know about The Slashes, but if You consider looking at the very universal Remedys (160/150mm), search for 2017 or newer models, because they have that "modern" geometry, updated construction as well as boost spacing.

Yeah I did look at Nomads, really liked them but almost all are over 5000.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 7:11 Quote
samty wrote:
2021 Slash 8, size L. Dyedbro Aotearoa wrap and Invisiframe grey decals. Stoked on how this came out compared to the stock orange that looked blah. Only other mods over stock are tires, 200mm rear rotor, and PNW 200mm dropper.

2021 Trek Slash 8. Dyedbro Aotearoa wrap Invisiframe decals
2021 Trek Slash 8. Dyedbro Aotearoa wrap / Invisiframe decals

Very nice! I love the custom stickers. Definitely looks better than the red logo with that color scheme

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
Moin!
Here are the Remedys of my children:

Remedy 9 RSL 2017
Wheels: DT Swiss E1900
Tires: VeeTires Snap Trail (Front) / Flow Snap (Rear)
Brakes: Shimano XTR
Sram Xo1 Eagle

Remedy 8 2019
Wheels: DT Swiss E1900
Fresh upgrade:
Fox DPX2 2021
Brakes: Shimano SLX

This week both forks will get a lower leg service, possibly with DebonAir upgrade

Remedy in Action:

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
mtinko wrote:
Vyckinis wrote:
mtinko wrote:

Thanks dudes!

Yeah I did look at Nomads, really liked them but almost all are over 5000.

Nice Deacals!
We also have a Dybro Foil on it, but are not at all satisfied with it. Dissolves at the corners and looks after 6 months no longer beautiful.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
where are folks getting Slash downtube decals?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
where are folks getting Slash downtube decals?

I got mine from Invisiframe out of the UK. Really happy with them. Previously I ordered some from Etsy that were a lot cheaper, but they didn't fit at all. Invisiframe ones were bang on.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 0:50 Quote
sunlew wrote:
Moin!
Here are the Remedys of my children:

Those are some nice bikes - lucky kids! Loving the RSL, mine is still going strong - I get comments on it all the time from people asking if it's new etc.!

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
Yes the red is already mega!

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
2017 Remedy 8, still going strong after a few upgrades:

- 1x12 GX Eagle crank/shifter/derailleur
- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate 160mm
- Industry 9 Enduro S wheelset
- Maxxis DHF/DHR-II tires 27.5x2.5WT

Really loving the fork, as the old one was a 2015 Pike. Super smooth, full adjustability, and just soaks up the trail chatter. The new wheelset also allowed me to run the WT tires which has also made a big difference. The old Bontrager hoops were a bit narrower and pretty beat up after several years of bashing. I will say though, that they've only needed one truing which is pretty impressive.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 8:43 Quote

New Tires in da House! Big Grin

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Good bye Remedy, hello Slash..

Wanted to go for Slash 8, but in covid-times you have to set aside your preferences when a bike is in stock...
I was able to test it already in two well-known bikeparks and on local trails, and going for large wheels and longer bike is the best decision in years...
It has some parts to be replaced, but I'm pretty happy with the performance. Smile
Installed Charger damper, already ordered replacement hose to my Code brakes, then will get a new shifter (with matchmaker compatibility, the stock NX is impossible to be placed to a comfy position), and some propery tires.. later maybe I'll get the Super Deluxe Ultimate... other than these, all parts are usable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.189179
Mobile Version of Website