Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 5:53 Quote
Hi, guys!
I think it's been discussed before but now I cannot find the required info.
I have 2017 Remedy 9.8 with standard 1/2" bushings for upper and lower shock mounts.
First, is it possible? If so, what hardware do I need to mount shock with trunnion upper mount?

Thanks.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 2022 remedy 8, only problem is that its getting here in March. first upgrade is most likely going to make it a mullet, does anyone here have any experience or recommend it? Cheers.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
gordo5874 wrote:
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 2022 remedy 8, only problem is that its getting here in March. first upgrade is most likely going to make it a mullet, does anyone here have any experience or recommend it? Cheers.

I didn't like riding the Bronson MX, but if this is your goal, get a 29er fork with 150mm travel. Not sure if the 160mm travel will clear.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
gordo5874 wrote:

I've had a 160mm 29er zeb on the front of my 2021 remedy for 600miles with no issues

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
gordo5874 wrote:

I have been running my '21 remedy as a mullet for a while with a 150mm marzocchi z1 and have been really enjoying it!

The change was definitely worth it in my opinion.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
gordo5874 wrote:

I did mullet temporarily on my 19 with a 160 29er fork. It was way better for gnarly descending. I had to give the fork back to a friend but I ultimately decided I liked the lighter quicker feel of the stock setup better for everything except DH style descents. To me the front felt significantly heavier with the 29er setup.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
Have a look at this and let me know what you think, my baby lol.
2021 Trek Remedy 9.8
XO1 axs upgrade kit
XX1 gold chain
Rockshox zeb ultimate 170mm
Cane creek kitsuma coil
Bontrager carbon bars
Oneup v2 dropper 210mm
WTB volt saddle
cush core in the rear
Assegai up front, DHR in rear
Dyed bro
Oneup stamp 3
Everything else is factory

Im going to put rsc lever assembly's on it soon so I have the bite point adjustment, as well as a XX1 gold cassette and oneup oval chainring on it when they wear out just to be a prickBig Grin . Also the XO1 cranks do look very nice...

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 2:11 Quote
[Quote="gordo5874"]Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 2022 remedy 8, only problem is that its getting here in March. first upgrade is most likely going to make it a mullet, does anyone here have any experience or recommend it? Cheers.

Been running mine mullet with 160mm fork and I love it!

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
gordo5874 wrote:

Interesting... I would rather invest into better brakes, maybe lighter wheels or better tires.
Instead of planing to dump expensive and perfectly working fork and wheel on a bike which You haven't even ridden yet...
And looking to geo charts looks like new remedys from factory have very high BB comparing to others bikes and putting 160mm 29" fork will bump up BB by at least 10mm or more. So you will end up with positive(?) BB above the wheelbase line, like on dirtjump or bmx bike and loose stability.

So if you planing to ride just straight and over rough stuff then the way to go. But if want better high speed corners then think again.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
It has already been done here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=222367

It’s been much better documented earlier in this thread.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
Is that an offset mounting on the normal deluxe?

I’ve bought an ultimate and it has standard upper and lower mounts. The existing fox shock is offset

Tokau wrote:
Remedy 9.7 have normal deluxe shock i think.
Here few pictures off Remedy 9.7 you can find part numbers on rockshox parts catalog there is pointed trek frames...

purplenurples wrote:
Just bought a super deluxe ultimate to put on my 2019 remedy 9.9.

230x57.5, BUT the shock has a standard upper eyelet and a bearing lower eyelet. Any experience with converting a more standard shock to a remedy which is setup with trunnion mounting?

I called a few shops and responses have ranged from not knowing to advising me to buy a trunnion shock.

Any experience?

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
notthatfast wrote:
AD4M wrote:
Have the standard reaktive deluxe shock on my 2019 remedy 8. It's ok, but could be a bit better. Was wondering if a super deluxe air or a coil shock would offer any noticeable benefit over the standard shock?

On the subject of coils, can't seem to find a company that does one in the 230x57.5mm size the bike needs, does anyone know who makes a coil shock in this size? Can only find a super deluxe coil in 230x65, not sure if this can be reduced using a spacer like the air shocks do?
I fitted a Fox DPX2 to my 2019 Remedy 8 - love it. The bike rides so much better.

Trek Remedy 2019

Was the lower mount offset on the new shock?

Thanks

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
My remedy back together after painting it white. Only a minimal decal under the clearcoat so I can change out the decals and colors whenever I want.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 0:51 Quote
ChallengeButter wrote:
My remedy back together after painting it white. Only a minimal decal under the clearcoat so I can change out the decals and colors whenever I want.

That’s a sweet looking bike, love the white w minimal markings, so clean! So is that the 29er Zeb at 160?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015069
Mobile Version of Website