Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Author Message
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 2:24 Quote
Piker72 wrote:
That’s a sweet looking bike, love the white w minimal markings, so clean! So is that the 29er Zeb at 160?

Yes 29er 160mm zeb, but in the pic my 27.5 wheel is on there because the only tire I have for my 29 wheel is the white onza porcupine

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 6:05 Quote

NBD. Traded my 19 Remedy for a 22 Slash. I love it. It's like my Remedy ate its Wheaties and went to the gym. Still super fun and playful (i'm between a ML and L, and went for the ML, so that helps), but faster, more stable, and better rollover. will prob change the logo color, but I like the matte grey (gloss in photos is racer/helicopter tape.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:

NBD. Traded my 19 Remedy for a 22 Slash. I love it. It's like my Remedy ate its Wheaties and went to the gym. Still super fun and playful (i'm between a ML and L, and went for the ML, so that helps), but faster, more stable, and better rollover. will prob change the logo color, but I like the matte grey (gloss in photos is racer/helicopter tape.

Mate, I’m still waiting on my ‘21 9.8 xt (over a year so far)and you’ve got the ‘22 ..... no no. not salty at all Razz . Though should have it in the next week or so. Looks great. When I thought I might be getting a ‘22 I also thought about changing the graphics to copper or ano blue n getting a few select parts to match.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
cyclesoul wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

NBD. Traded my 19 Remedy for a 22 Slash. I love it. It's like my Remedy ate its Wheaties and went to the gym. Still super fun and playful (i'm between a ML and L, and went for the ML, so that helps), but faster, more stable, and better rollover. will prob change the logo color, but I like the matte grey (gloss in photos is racer/helicopter tape.

Mate, I’m still waiting on my ‘21 9.8 xt (over a year so far)and you’ve got the ‘22 ..... no no. not salty at all Razz . Though should have it in the next week or so. Looks great. When I thought I might be getting a ‘22 I also thought about changing the graphics to copper or ano blue n getting a few select parts to match.
I hear you, my situation isn't as bad as yours. I work at a Trek shop and placed an order beginning of July for a '22 Slash 9.9 XTR and initially it said January now they are saying end of July '22 and I'm sure it will get pushed back even further. I also noticed SRAM equipped bikes tend to be coming in a lot closer to ETAs than SHIMANO equipped rigs.

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 14:02 Quote
trocksmooth wrote:
cyclesoul wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

NBD. Traded my 19 Remedy for a 22 Slash. I love it. It's like my Remedy ate its Wheaties and went to the gym. Still super fun and playful (i'm between a ML and L, and went for the ML, so that helps), but faster, more stable, and better rollover. will prob change the logo color, but I like the matte grey (gloss in photos is racer/helicopter tape.

Mate, I’m still waiting on my ‘21 9.8 xt (over a year so far)and you’ve got the ‘22 ..... no no. not salty at all Razz . Though should have it in the next week or so. Looks great. When I thought I might be getting a ‘22 I also thought about changing the graphics to copper or ano blue n getting a few select parts to match.
I hear you, my situation isn't as bad as yours. I work at a Trek shop and placed an order beginning of July for a '22 Slash 9.9 XTR and initially it said January now they are saying end of July '22 and I'm sure it will get pushed back even further. I also noticed SRAM equipped bikes tend to be coming in a lot closer to ETAs than SHIMANO equipped rigs.

I honestly just picked the one with the shortest lead time. it happened to be this color with XT. the day I ordered it, the wait wasn't very long. if i had ordered it a few days later, the lead time would have been 6 months. the current lead time is over a year. I really just happened to get lucky on what day I decided to order.

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 1:00 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
trocksmooth wrote:
cyclesoul wrote:


Mate, I’m still waiting on my ‘21 9.8 xt (over a year so far)and you’ve got the ‘22 ..... no no. not salty at all Razz . Though should have it in the next week or so. Looks great. When I thought I might be getting a ‘22 I also thought about changing the graphics to copper or ano blue n getting a few select parts to match.
I hear you, my situation isn't as bad as yours. I work at a Trek shop and placed an order beginning of July for a '22 Slash 9.9 XTR and initially it said January now they are saying end of July '22 and I'm sure it will get pushed back even further. I also noticed SRAM equipped bikes tend to be coming in a lot closer to ETAs than SHIMANO equipped rigs.

I honestly just picked the one with the shortest lead time. it happened to be this color with XT. the day I ordered it, the wait wasn't very long. if i had ordered it a few days later, the lead time would have been 6 months. the current lead time is over a year. I really just happened to get lucky on what day I decided to order.

This is how I ended up with the Slash 7.. wanted the Slash 8, but 7 was in stock in my size. I'd grab the first available bike what fits you if you don't want to wait too long, the most recent news makes me think that further uncertainities will be in the supply chains... :-/

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
Boys, it's been fun, but this is likely the last remedy I'll ever own. These bikes are hilarious fun, and I hope they keep it alive forever..

Bike is near perfect buy a party bike
Bike is near perfect, buy a party bike!

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 1:57 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Boys, it's been fun, but this is likely the last remedy I'll ever own.

Why?!

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
Vyckinis wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Boys, it's been fun, but this is likely the last remedy I'll ever own.

Why?!

My guess is that the Remedy is going to be discontinued. The Fuel EX has gained longer travel and the Slash has updated geometry making it a better pedaling bike. My LBS said that 2021 all Remedy 9.x models are backordered till late 2022, perhaps into January 2023, which tells me that Trek isn't prioritizing this model. I wanted to buy one, but "settled" for a new Fuel EX 29er. Not disappointed at all though, the Fuel EX is a fantastic all-rounder that doesn't get overwhelmed on chunky trails, jumps and drops.

But I do hope they keep making the Remedy because I love my 2016. Such an awesome bike with a 160mm Lyrik on the front!

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 19:00 Quote
benuntu wrote:
Vyckinis wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Boys, it's been fun, but this is likely the last remedy I'll ever own.

Why?!

My guess is that the Remedy is going to be discontinued. The Fuel EX has gained longer travel and the Slash has updated geometry making it a better pedaling bike. My LBS said that 2021 all Remedy 9.x models are backordered till late 2022, perhaps into January 2023, which tells me that Trek isn't prioritizing this model. I wanted to buy one, but "settled" for a new Fuel EX 29er. Not disappointed at all though, the Fuel EX is a fantastic all-rounder that doesn't get overwhelmed on chunky trails, jumps and drops.

But I do hope they keep making the Remedy because I love my 2016. Such an awesome bike with a 160mm Lyrik on the front!

most models of Trek are backordered until late 2022 or 2023 if you order it right now. the 2022 carbon Slash in my size in almost every color and build is backordered for 200- 400 days.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 20:45 Quote
Yea, I'd have thought I'd have more action on mine by now actually, but been pretty quiet.

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
cracked my 2019 slash, trek quickly sent this out and I'm back riding 4 days later. New color is pretty sweet!

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
cracked my 2019 slash, trek quickly sent this out and I'm back riding 4 days later. New color is pretty sweet!

That is a nice christmas gift Smile that color is sick!

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 1:27 Quote
Hey, just picked up a '22 slash and I was looking to fit my old oneup chainguide but when sizing against the frame it looks pretty tight for clearance. Anyone running a guide on their slash if so which one?

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
Hey, just picked up a '22 slash and I was looking to fit my old oneup chainguide but when sizing against the frame it looks pretty tight for clearance. Anyone running a guide on their slash if so which one?
+1 I've had the same problem, would be interested to know which guides actually fit.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011769
Mobile Version of Website