Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 3:18 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
Hey, just picked up a '22 slash and I was looking to fit my old oneup chainguide but when sizing against the frame it looks pretty tight for clearance. Anyone running a guide on their slash if so which one?

I run a unite bash and chain guide on my slash 21. I had to use some washers to get the clearance correct. Couldn't use the spacers that came with the guide as it would foul the lower linkage.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 8:55 Quote
ringdinho7 wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:
Hey, just picked up a '22 slash and I was looking to fit my old oneup chainguide but when sizing against the frame it looks pretty tight for clearance. Anyone running a guide on their slash if so which one?

I run a unite bash and chain guide on my slash 21. I had to use some washers to get the clearance correct. Couldn't use the spacers that came with the guide as it would foul the lower linkage.

Is there any difference in the bb/pivot/iscg positions between the '21 and the '22? If not I'll check out the unite one

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
ringdinho7 wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:

Is there any difference in the bb/pivot/iscg positions between the '21 and the '22? If not I'll check out the unite one

Not sure bud. I think it's the same layout.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
ringdinho7 wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:

No change between 21 and 22 frames.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 23:36 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:
ringdinho7 wrote:

No change between 21 and 22 frames.

Cool, I'll check out the unite guide then, thanks for the help

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 5:58 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:

I had to change to a lower bashguard only, no top guide.

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
Got a new to me 2012 Scratch Air 9. Mostly stock , wheels are true and original, fork is original and recently serviced, all bearings
Replaced , all new XT Drive train ,xt Brakes, Saint cranks.PNW dropper, New float x2 in the back. .
Question ? Has anyone put a 27.5 setup on the front of a 26er ?. Looking to up grade the frok to a 170mm to match the rear and they are hard to come by.??????

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Anyone know how a non knock block top cap would work on the knock block stem? I picked up a custom top cap online for my 19' Remedy but didn't realize the one that came on the stem has a slightly larger diameter than normal top caps. Anyone here run a different top cap? I don't think it should be an issue but I figured I would ask...

Posted: Feb 23, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
MTBsnow wrote:
Anyone know how a non knock block top cap would work on the knock block stem? I picked up a custom top cap online for my 19' Remedy but didn't realize the one that came on the stem has a slightly larger diameter than normal top caps. Anyone here run a different top cap? I don't think it should be an issue but I figured I would ask...

Top caps should be universal - we don't have any special caps for our Knock Block stems so being a smidge larger should be okay. Got any photos?

-Mitch

Posted: Feb 23, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
trek wrote:
MTBsnow wrote:

Top caps should be universal - we don't have any special caps for our Knock Block stems so being a smidge larger should be okay. Got any photos?

-Mitch

No pics at the moment but I tossed it on and it seems to be all good! I'll check back in if there are any issues

Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
ISO a cascade components LINK FOR 2019 REMEDY. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR UPGRADING TO A COIL ON A REMEDY (2019+):

What do I need to know for upgrading to a coil on a Remedy? Am I limited because of Trek's Thru Shaft design? I'm pretty unknowledgeable in this area... appreciate the insights.

Which coils are people rocking and spring rate?

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Not sure how relevant this is to this group as it's a buysell, however I do have a '21 Remedy up for sale if anyone is looking for an upgrade!
-cheers, Luke

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
magellan14 wrote:

What are the key considerations for upgrading to a coil on a Remedy? Am I limited because of Trek's Thru Shaft design? I'm pretty unknowledgeable in this area... appreciate the insights.
I havent upgraded to a coil, however I did do away with the stock RS Select+ Thru Shaft that came on my '21 Remedy and upgraded to the Ultimate version. I hadn't ridden the bike before the swap, however I will say that the shock I upgraded to felt as smooth as any, even though it didn't have the thru-shaft design in it. I would say use fox's spring calculator to get a good spring rate, and you should have no problem with any limitations of not running a Thru Shaft air shock.

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
magellan14 wrote:

What do I need to know for upgrading to a coil on a Remedy? Am I limited because of Trek's Thru Shaft design? I'm pretty unknowledgeable in this area... appreciate the insights.

Which coils are people rocking and spring rate?

Is your shock a trunnion mount? My 2021 remedy was not, so it was as simple 230x60 swap. Use a standard bushing mount and not the bearing mount style used on Santa Cruz bikes. If you have a trunnion shock, you'll need new mounting hardware.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016499
Mobile Version of Website