Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
magellan14 wrote:
KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR UPGRADING TO A COIL ON A REMEDY (2019+):

What do I need to know for upgrading to a coil on a Remedy? Am I limited because of Trek's Thru Shaft design? I'm pretty unknowledgeable in this area... appreciate the insights.

Which coils are people rocking and spring rate?

Is your shock a trunnion mount? My 2021 remedy was not, so it was as simple 230x60 swap. Use a standard bushing mount and not the bearing mount style used on Santa Cruz bikes. If you have a trunnion shock, you'll need new mounting hardware.

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
magellan14 wrote:
KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR UPGRADING TO A COIL ON A REMEDY (2019+):

What do I need to know for upgrading to a coil on a Remedy? Am I limited because of Trek's Thru Shaft design? I'm pretty unknowledgeable in this area... appreciate the insights.

Which coils are people rocking and spring rate?

Is your shock a trunnion mount? My 2021 remedy was not, so it was as simple 230x60 swap. Use a standard bushing mount and not the bearing mount style used on Santa Cruz bikes. If you have a trunnion shock, you'll need new mounting hardware.

I can't recommend OffsetBushings enough. They helped me convert my 2016 remedy from the Re:aktiv air shock to a coil shock.

https://www.offsetbushings.com/

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 5:02 Quote
Hi guys, i have a Remedy 9.7 2020, what would you say would be the ideal spring rate to use in a RS Super Deluxe Coil if i weight 87-89kg fully equipped? I assume it should be something between 500-550 lbs but could be wrong

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 1:16 Quote
martin456 wrote:
Hi guys, i have a Remedy 9.7 2020, what would you say would be the ideal spring rate to use in a RS Super Deluxe Coil if i weight 87-89kg fully equipped? I assume it should be something between 500-550 lbs but could be wrong

Im on a 2019 with Super deluxe coil 550 spring, very similar weight to you.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
martin456 wrote:
Hi guys, i have a Remedy 9.7 2020, what would you say would be the ideal spring rate to use in a RS Super Deluxe Coil if i weight 87-89kg fully equipped? I assume it should be something between 500-550 lbs but could be wrong

I'm about 10kg less and running 500lb. Recently switched to MRP 450-550 with success.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
I'll try the 550 spring then, thank you!

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
For those of you that have converted to a coil shock, what are you using? I converted my 2016 to a Cane Creek DB Inline Coil because it was one of the only shocks I could find that had a "climb" switch. Curious what else is out there as the shock hits my rocker link at full extension.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 21:19 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
For those of you that have converted to a coil shock, what are you using? I converted my 2016 to a Cane Creek DB Inline Coil because it was one of the only shocks I could find that had a "climb" switch. Curious what else is out there as the shock hits my rocker link at full extension.

DVO Jade X

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
Anyone ever had issues with the bearings coming out of the chainstay at the axle? I've a 2016 Remedy and my ABP bearings are now to the point I've got to press them back in after every ride.

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Anyone ever had issues with the bearings coming out of the chainstay at the axle? I've a 2016 Remedy and my ABP bearings are now to the point I've got to press them back in after every ride.

It's probably worn out. You can try retaining green loctite or something similar.

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009189
Mobile Version of Website