Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
yeah felt horrible while riding Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Boys, it's been fun, but this is likely the last remedy I'll ever own. These bikes are hilarious fun, and I hope they keep it alive forever..

Bike is near perfect buy a party bike
Bike is near perfect, buy a party bike!
*LMAO*
This thing is most definitely hilariously fun lol and have no regrets picking one up. It slays flowy and poppy trails! I'm lucky enough to also have a true Enduro bike, the Specialized Enduro, for steep and chunky trails where the Remedy doesn't transcend the most confidence.
I do wonder about converting it to a mullet though... But i wouldn't want to take from the fun.
'21 Remedy 9.8
21 Enduro

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
a2b wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Boys, it's been fun, but this is likely the last remedy I'll ever own. These bikes are hilarious fun, and I hope they keep it alive forever..

*LMAO*
This thing is most definitely hilariously fun lol and have no regrets picking one up. It slays flowy and poppy trails! I'm lucky enough to also have a true Enduro bike, the Specialized Enduro, for steep and chunky trails where the Remedy doesn't transcend the most confidence.
I do wonder about converting it to a mullet though... But i wouldn't want to take from the fun.
'21 Remedy 9.8
21 Enduro

So for me, the shop I was at moved from T to S, and so now I ride a Stumpjumper EVO, I love it honestly, But do believe the Remedy still has a place. I believe it should be a mullet for 2023 and forward though.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
a2b wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

*LMAO*
'21 Remedy 9.8
21 Enduro

So for me, the shop I was at moved from T to S, and so now I ride a Stumpjumper EVO, I love it honestly, But do believe the Remedy still has a place. I believe it should be a mullet for 2023 and forward though.

Sad to say but I doubt the Remedy is coming back… They haven’t updated the bike since 2019 and they have really been pushing the fuel and slash

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
MTBsnow wrote:
Sad to say but I doubt the Remedy is coming back… They haven’t updated the bike since 2019 and they have really been pushing the fuel and slash

Bro there is literally a new 2023 branded Remedy frame on the Trek website! Might be time for me to upgrade....

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
booMcaT wrote:
MTBsnow wrote:

Bro there is literally a new 2023 Remedy on the Trek website! Might be time for me to upgrade....

Not sure if it showing different things in different countries but on the US site there is no 2023 complete Remedy, only a 2023 Remedy frame. And it looks like it is just a 2022 9.8 frame that they're now calling a 2023.

I think the point being made though is that the Remedy really hasn't undergone an overhaul in a while. In 2017 they added some travel and introduced the straight downtube and knock block. In 2019 they got rid of the full-floater. But overall the bike has just had minor changes.

Trek definitely seems to be full bore into 29ers and have been for a few years with the Remedy line up dwindling down to only one carbon option and one alloy option each year. I think they would sell way more Remedy's if they had all the options that they do on the Fuel EX. Not everyone wants a 29er. And a lot of people nowadays want a mixed wheel bike. I don't understand why Trek wouldn't atleast try to come to the market.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
booMcaT wrote:
MTBsnow wrote:

Bro there is literally a new 2023 Remedy on the Trek website! Might be time for me to upgrade....

Huh, no 2023 on the US site… Only a 2022 frame that they are calling 2023. Still no changes either. It’s still the same geometry as the 2019 bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
Custom painted Trek Slash by Flat White Paintworks

Custom painted 2019 Slash anyone?

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
Congrats on Vital's BOTD!

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 15:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Congrats on Vital's BOTD!

Thanks! Stoked people are stoked, paintjob has taken a loooot of work!

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 10:55 Quote
I am between a rock and a hard place right now. I own a 2014 slash 8 since new. I have upgraded the tires, wheels, and shock to rock shox which I hate the shock and have found one other owner that said the same thing after the exact same rock shox upgrade.

I want to know if I should keep putting upgrades into my 8-9 year old bike. I love the bike and have fun riding the bike which is the most important thing.

Should I upgrade to a 1x12 drive and a fox 36 fork. Or try to sell my bike and just get something new like the new fuel or new slash?

It’s a tough decision on a good day I am probably looking into a $1000 in upgrades which can go into a new bike nicely.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
yamahawarrior wrote:
I am between a rock and a hard place right now. I own a 2014 slash 8 since new. I have upgraded the tires, wheels, and shock to rock shox which I hate the shock and have found one other owner that said the same thing after the exact same rock shox upgrade.

I want to know if I should keep putting upgrades into my 8-9 year old bike. I love the bike and have fun riding the bike which is the most important thing.

Should I upgrade to a 1x12 drive and a fox 36 fork. Or try to sell my bike and just get something new like the new fuel or new slash?

It’s a tough decision on a good day I am probably looking into a $1000 in upgrades which can go into a new bike nicely.

I have struggled with this myself on my 2016 Remedy. For me it has really been a matter of do I still enjoy the bike and is it outdated to a point of being hard to find parts? If you still enjoy the bike as a whole then I would say keep it. It would be one thing if you were on a 26" bike that is much harder to find parts for.

That being said you really can't tell how long a frame itself will last. You could have it for 20 years and never have issues. Or you could get a better shock, upgrade the fork and drivetrain and the next day find a crack near your headtube. And on a bike that is 8-9 years old you may have a harder time swapping those new parts you just got to another frame.

But, to your point, if you're looking to put $1,000 into it and you already enjoy it and the new parts would make it better I would hands down say go that route. Unfortunately you won't get much in resale for that bike and you're likely looking at $4,000 for a new bike. New suspension and drivetrain will add a lot of life to the bike.

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
yamahawarrior wrote:

I have struggled with this myself on my 2016 Remedy. For me it has really been a matter of do I still enjoy the bike and is it outdated to a point of being hard to find parts? If you still enjoy the bike as a whole then I would say keep it. It would be one thing if you were on a 26" bike that is much harder to find parts for.

That being said you really can't tell how long a frame itself will last. You could have it for 20 years and never have issues. Or you could get a better shock, upgrade the fork and drivetrain and the next day find a crack near your headtube. And on a bike that is 8-9 years old you may have a harder time swapping those new parts you just got to another frame.

But, to your point, if you're looking to put $1,000 into it and you already enjoy it and the new parts would make it better I would hands down say go that route. Unfortunately you won't get much in resale for that bike and you're likely looking at $4,000 for a new bike. New suspension and drivetrain will add a lot of life to the bike.

They have a heck of a deal on a new slash 9.8 at $46xx in the trek shop. They just need to order me the right size. Then the new fuel looks amazing. For the right bike that does not need a bunch of upgrades and to get carbon I am at minimum 4500-5000 if not more. My bike when new was around $4200 not counting the wheel parts upgrades over the years.
I could on a good day get $2000 for my bike. I think the hard part is how old it is and the fact that it is a small.
Looking at the used market there are some high prices on bikes making buying used not worth it.
Will new upgrades make my bike fun again and a better climber.
A lot to consider and a trip to the trek shop is in order

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 12:14 Quote
yamahawarrior wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
yamahawarrior wrote:

They have a heck of a deal on a new slash 9.8 at $46xx in the trek shop. They just need to order me the right size. Then the new fuel looks amazing. For the right bike that does not need a bunch of upgrades and to get carbon I am at minimum 4500-5000 if not more. My bike when new was around $4200 not counting the wheel parts upgrades over the years.
I could on a good day get $2000 for my bike. I think the hard part is how old it is and the fact that it is a small.
Looking at the used market there are some high prices on bikes making buying used not worth it.

yamahawarrior - Looking at your Slash on you page, you have a nice build, and the wheels are great. IMO, just maintain it, give a good tune.
Looking ahead to 2023 in the bike industry & some food for thought:
27.5 bikes by YT, Nukeproof, Trek & Specialized are now only being sold as a "Frame Only" option for the upcoming 2023 bikes, including Trail, Enduro, & DH. This signals (not the "end") a significant decline in mass production for 27.5" wheeled bikes. Giant is the only major manufacturer in 2023 offering complete builds on 27.5" in more than one model. The ONE exception is that some manufacturers will still be offering complete builds of 27.5" in XS & S sizes only, as shorter riders are still buying them with regularity and the geometry works well. SO... your size S frame is not a bad thing, just the opposite. You will likely find more than a few buyers in the spring for your rig. In my opinion, don't put any more $ into your rig, enjoy it, keep it clean & dialed, save your $ for a new rig and in the spring put yours up for sale (possibly in DEC as there are always Christmas buyers and you may get a quick sale). Hope that helps, cheers.

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 13:57 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
yamahawarrior wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

yamahawarrior - Looking at your Slash on you page, you have a nice build, and the wheels are great. IMO, just maintain it, give a good tune.
Looking ahead to 2023 in the bike industry & some food for thought:
27.5 bikes by YT, Nukeproof, Trek & Specialized are now only being sold as a "Frame Only" option for the upcoming 2023 bikes, including Trail, Enduro, & DH. This signals (not the "end") a significant decline in mass production for 27.5" wheeled bikes. Giant is the only major manufacturer in 2023 offering complete builds on 27.5" in more than one model. The ONE exception is that some manufacturers will still be offering complete builds of 27.5" in XS & S sizes only, as shorter riders are still buying them with regularity and the geometry works well. SO... your size S frame is not a bad thing, just the opposite. You will likely find more than a few buyers in the spring for your rig. In my opinion, don't put any more $ into your rig, enjoy it, keep it clean & dialed, save your $ for a new rig and in the spring put yours up for sale (possibly in DEC as there are always Christmas buyers and you may get a quick sale). Hope that helps, cheers.

I am considering just keeping my bike and just buying a nice hardtail like a Santa Cruz chameleon or a trek rosco 9. Then again a new full suspension would be fun and very nice

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015320
Mobile Version of Website