Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 20:56 Quote
I have a 2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 carbon 27.5. It is undergoing a full rebuild over the winter. I found the lower pivot aluminum bushing loose in the carbon frame. You can find this bushing behind the lower swing arm. It was starting to wear away the carbon by the tune of 1mm. If I had not found this it would slowly get worse and affect the suspension, create a creaking noise, and possible crack the frame. I talked to another Remedy carbon rider and he had the same thing. The issue is there is no replacement bushing. To correct his you have to buy the whole frame that includes the bushing. Has anyone checked their carbon frame at the pivot bushing?
If you have this issue, I worked with a CNC shop to replicate the bushing. My replacement bushing is 1mm larger (original is 22m round by 43mm wide). I also have the CAD drawing to email -anyone can send it to a local shop. Or contact me and we can figure out the new bushing size.
Photo Link Below
photo

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 4:22 Quote
Question for the Slash fanboys. A customer is asking me if a dvo jade x will fit his 2023 Slash. Any ideas ? Thanks

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 14:17 Quote
Hi all,

I wanted to upgrade the shock that came stock on my Trek Remedy 8 2020. It came stock with a Rockshox deluxe RT3 RE:aktive damper (230x57.5).

Now I wanted to make the upgrade to the 2023 rockshox super deluxe ultimate (230x57,5), but it doesn't have the RE:aktive trek tune. Will I notice the difference and/or will this be a bad thing?

Furthermore, I'm not sure if I should go for 230x57.5 or 230x60. I think both will fit (already emailed Trek but still with no response). However, will the bike geometry change a lot/will I notice a big difference? (I believe it will add 6 or 7mm of travel).

Just for info:
I live in the Netherlands (the flattest country in Europe haha), but I use the bike for my XC laps as well as trips to the bigger bikeparks (The Alps/Leogang, etcetera).

Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 14:38 Quote
DutchBikeShredder wrote:
Hi all,

I wanted to upgrade the shock that came stock on my Trek Remedy 8 2020. It came stock with a Rockshox deluxe RT3 RE:aktive damper (230x57.5).

Now I wanted to make the upgrade to the 2023 rockshox super deluxe ultimate (230x57,5), but it doesn't have the RE:aktive trek tune. Will I notice the difference and/or will this be a bad thing?

Furthermore, I'm not sure if I should go for 230x57.5 or 230x60. I think both will fit (already emailed Trek but still with no response). However, will the bike geometry change a lot/will I notice a big difference? (I believe it will add 6 or 7mm of travel).

Just for info:
I live in the Netherlands (the flattest country in Europe haha), but I use the bike for my XC laps as well as trips to the bigger bikeparks (The Alps/Leogang, etcetera).

Thanks in advance!

I think it depends on how in tune with your bike you are. But I think there's a reason they ditched it for 2023. I think it served a purpose for a time but shocks are so tunable now that it isn't as much of a necessity. You should be able to dial in the new shock to get it close to the setup of a re:activ shock.

As for the travel that 2.5mm difference may not seem like much but that is 2.5mm at the shock. That could translate to 10mm of extra wheel travel like you mentioned. Easiest way to tell is to let all the air out of your shock and compress it and see how much clearance you have everywhere and if you can afford some more travel. It will not change the geometry (as far as changing headtube angle or bb height) statically. However you may be at a different point in your travel while riding so there may be a minute difference in angles and bb height, but you probably wouldn't notice. If anything you could just run more sag to make up for the difference and then you would gain some negative travel.

Posted: Feb 14, 2023 at 0:04 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
DutchBikeShredder wrote:
Hi all,

Just for info:

Thanks in advance!

I think it depends on how in tune with your bike you are. But I think there's a reason they ditched it for 2023. I think it served a purpose for a time but shocks are so tunable now that it isn't as much of a necessity. You should be able to dial in the new shock to get it close to the setup of a re:activ shock.

As for the travel that 2.5mm difference may not seem like much but that is 2.5mm at the shock. That could translate to 10mm of extra wheel travel like you mentioned. Easiest way to tell is to let all the air out of your shock and compress it and see how much clearance you have everywhere and if you can afford some more travel. It will not change the geometry (as far as changing headtube angle or bb height) statically. However you may be at a different point in your travel while riding so there may be a minute difference in angles and bb height, but you probably wouldn't notice. If anything you could just run more sag to make up for the difference and then you would gain some negative travel.

Thanks for your input!

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 7:52 Quote
Anyone happen to have a service manual for a 2016 Remedy 9 27.5?

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 7:22 Quote
I’m thinking about to put a RockShox deluxe ultimate coil shock on my Remedy 9.8 2019. Has anyone done it? Which mounting hardware will I need to fit the shock? Like the spacers and bushings? And what coil spring rate do you think will fit me? 160lbs.

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 22:19 Quote
CalleBoart wrote:
I’m thinking about to put a RockShox deluxe ultimate coil shock on my Remedy 9.8 2019. Has anyone done it? Which mounting hardware will I need to fit the shock? Like the spacers and bushings? And what coil spring rate do you think will fit me? 160lbs.
trek has the hardware for this on their website I believe, pin to trunnion bolt or something like that. Just picked up a cane creek double barrel for mine, bought the hardware from them a while back.

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 22:21 Quote
CalleBoart wrote:
… and spring rate, cane creek said they recommend 450lb spring for me (also 160lbs)

Posted: May 11, 2023 at 19:21 Quote
Bren13 wrote:
CalleBoart wrote:
… and spring rate, cane creek said they recommend 450lb spring for me (also 160lbs)

I had a super deluxe ultimate coil on my 2019 alloy remedy and asked a lot of questions earlier in this thread - I'd refer to those or stalk my profile haha. The short story is the stock hardware from the bike will work and the coil will fit but very snug. I'm about 175 lbs and I ended up with a 600 lb coil. I'd recommend a 500 if you ride trail and a 550 if you ride park or bigger features.

Started at 500 and was too light, got a 550 and it felt good but I bottomed out a bit too much for my liking so I went with the 600.

@CalleBoart

O+
Posted: May 12, 2023 at 10:11 Quote
Not sure if things have changed a ton but I have a 2016 Remedy that I put a Cane Creek DB Inline Coil on and am on a 450lb spring. Its a little light for jumping but seems a touch too much for real tech stuff. I'm 170lbs

So maybe start with a 450# spring? They're not too expensive and depending on the shock you can find them in the PB BuySell pretty often

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 15:57 Quote
Hello,im about to buy a 2018 Trek Remedy 8, its in amazing condition.
Also there's one near me that a little beaten up but its from 2020 for near the same price

But i have some questions with it(201Cool

Can put a FOX 38 with 180mm fork on the 2018 version?
Also whats the maximum shock lenght that i can install?

Also, my idea with this bike is to do some urban, some jumps and also some technical DH, would this bike work well?
Thanks in advance!

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 0:30 Quote
Ferral1985 wrote:
Also there's one near me that a little beaten up but its from 2020 for near the same price

Also, my idea with this bike is to do some urban, some jumps and also some technical DH, would this bike work well?
Thanks in advance!

can't talk about the 8 but on my 9.8 I did always run a 170 fox 36,wouldn't go to 180mm.
I was running a 230/60mm shock instead of 57,5mm

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 3:18 Quote
pAzk wrote:
Ferral1985 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

can't talk about the 8 but on my 9.8 I did always run a 170 fox 36,wouldn't go to 180mm.
I was running a 230/60mm shock instead of 57,5mm

Thank you!
Also, do you think is better to get a 2020 trek remedy 8 that has some paint chips for 1700 euros or im better buying a 2018 Trek remedy 8 that is in awesome condition for 1350 euros? Thank you!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022684
Mobile Version of Website