Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 21:05 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Pfffft, your SRAM was fine and you spent money on Shimano.

Pffft, xx sucks

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 22:58 Quote
XX does not suck. It is great. A chain cannot fall off the lower pulley at the rear unless something is set up wrong. XTR shadow plus is great, but not better than XX it is just different.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 23:04 Quote
XX was initially very sensitive about the hanger being out of true. other than that they function well. I haven't had to tune many lately so I don't know if the tolerances were lessened. But that was an issue when we had the first big round of folks on XX stuff..

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 23:07 Quote
That is true. We had issues with some bikes having a problem between low and 2nd low on the rear. Most came down to D hangers, and bad choice of Cable housing ends. I have not had a issue with my XX since the first year it came out. But I also never buy bikes with cheesy D hangers. I like something with a little more meat to hang my bits from.

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 23:18 Quote
The hanger is fine. The two sides of the cage on both of the RDs were way too far apart. It is the derailluers fault, not the hanger or setup. It is just a poorly designed cage.

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 23:19 Quote
BTW, I have had this problem on two of my bikes and I've seen it happen on other peoples bikes.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 23:20 Quote
Hmm, new one to me. I don't doubt you in anyway, I just haven't had that issue with the xx.

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 23:24 Quote
isaacds wrote:
Hmm, new one to me. I don't doubt you in anyway, I just haven't had that issue with the xx.

I'll take a picture tommorrow. I don't really hate SRAM, I'm just a bit disappointed. I loved the shifting feel of my xx/xo setup and I was impressed with SRAM's warranty. It is just disappointing that the replacement RD has the same problem as the other one. What is more sad is that it is a very simple fix for SRAM.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 0:14 Quote
Get XO then. Don't know why you went XX in the first place. I know why I didn't.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 0:15 Quote
Well obviously because you shred too hard.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 0:18 Quote
bubbaleech wrote:

We all can't shred like rod...

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 0:18 Quote
bubbaleech wrote:
Duuuuuhhhhhhh

:realreason-

XO offers a short cage and not as delicate as XX, and I run XX shifters because I could afford that single shifter.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 0:19 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Get XO then. Don't know why you went XX in the first place. I know why I didn't.

I went xx because I like smooth shifting. I went to xtr and not xo now because I wanted that friction clutch. The stock sworks enduro comes with xx btw.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 0:21 Quote
The clutch makes it feel like a faulty adjusted SRAM dérailleur. Honestly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011871
Mobile Version of Website