Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
Does anyone think they look almost identical to the Merida one sixty????
As far as the front triangle goes - kinda.
Rear triangle - definitely not.
If you squint it looks like a Session.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
Nope. Lots of companies are doing that low standover shaped top tube, but Giant is way more curvy than the Merida.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 14:30 Quote
Ahh! I c now! Cool cool!! Cheers guys Salute

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 15:27 Quote
That looks quite nice. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the shift on the new SLX stuff.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 16:10 Quote
I love how predictable Shimano is in that regard. XTR today is SLX in 3-4 years. Also gives you some idea of life cycle.

That being said I'm riding SRAM NX now and it feels plenty peachy as well.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 16:33 Quote
I'm super happy with my GX. I keep trying to convince myself to switch to an X01 or XX1 derailleur because bling blang muddafukka. But in my heart of hearts I know that I don't need to because GX feels nearly identical.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
yup, pretty hot

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 18:20 Quote
fredro wrote:
yup, pretty hot

How does the fox transfer fit on that, believe its a 34.9 and the fox don't go that thick? maybe a shim..?

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
Looks like there might be a shim in there, right above the collar. Not recommended for dropper posts IIRC.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 19:52 Quote
seraph wrote:
Looks like there might be a shim in there, right above the collar. Not recommended for dropper posts IIRC.
nothing wrong with a shim

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 20:33 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
seraph wrote:
nothing wrong with a shim

Not true. A shim can create extra pressure around the lower body of the post (depending on the length of the shim) that can cause binding with some posts.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 20:35 Quote
fredro wrote:
photo

Y u no fox rear??? So damn close!! And I ran a shim on my reverb to go to 30.9 to 31.6 and had no issues. Did not use a metric f*ck ton of grease on both tho so I didn't have to reef it down hard to keep slippage at Bay.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041587
Mobile Version of Website