Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
seraph wrote:
RollinFoSho wrote:
photo

"Enduro" bike from Year 2000 ! Bikes have evolved a bit.

I had one, loved it.

As pictured it was 35 lbs
photo

Would definitely have to see that on a scale to believe it. From others, that would be a solid 5lbs. less than normal.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
What's your flavor

all but the skittles one

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
seraph wrote:
RollinFoSho wrote:
photo

"Enduro" bike from Year 2000 ! Bikes have evolved a bit.

I had one, loved it.

photo

Would definitely have to see that on a scale to believe it. From others, that would be a solid 5lbs. less than normal.

If you've got a time machine we can go back to 2004 and weigh the bike.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 13:45 Quote
For you guys ^^^^^^

photo

also.....

Norco 2018
Norco 2018

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 13:52 Quote
Man I want a Norco Range !

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
seraph wrote:
seraph wrote:

I had one, loved it.

photo

You've got a realllllly burly build for 35 pounds. I would think 40 makes more sense. I'm seeing a burly marzocchi fork, maxxis minions and a coil shock right? As in, 6+ pound fork, 6+ pounds in tires, and ~2 pounds of shock? 7-9 pound frame. 5 pounds of wheels. Then another 2 pounds for brakes. 2 pounds for grips, bar + stem. 1 pound for pedals. 2 pounds for crankset and bb. 1.5 pounds for seat/post. And then 2 pounds for chain, derailleur, and cassette. Then there's another pound for tubes and a headset. So ... 37.5 - 39.5 pounds is what I'd expect.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
Stock, it was around 42 lbs. Thank progress, times have changed and 5" bikes are under 30 lbs. At the time, it would have been posted in this thread.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
Stock, it was around 42 lbs. Thank progress, times have changed and 5" bikes are under 30 lbs. At the time, it would have been posted in this thread.
Not to mention today's 5" bikes are probably more capable than DH bikes from back in the day.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 16:16 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
seraph wrote:

You've got a realllllly burly build for 35 pounds. I would think 40 makes more sense. I'm seeing a burly marzocchi fork, maxxis minions and a coil shock right? As in, 6+ pound fork, 6+ pounds in tires, and ~2 pounds of shock? 7-9 pound frame. 5 pounds of wheels. Then another 2 pounds for brakes. 2 pounds for grips, bar + stem. 1 pound for pedals. 2 pounds for crankset and bb. 1.5 pounds for seat/post. And then 2 pounds for chain, derailleur, and cassette. Then there's another pound for tubes and a headset. So ... 37.5 - 39.5 pounds is what I'd expect.

Thank you armchair mathematician, but it was 35 lbs. I weighed it on an analog scale at a bike shop. Also they're Highrollers.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 22:38 Quote
seraph wrote:
VTwintips wrote:
seraph wrote:

Thank you armchair mathematician, but it was 35 lbs. I weighed it on an analog scale at a bike shop. Also they're Highrollers.
Which size? I'm getting 6 pounds for the tires unless they were 2.1's or 2.0's, in which case, that drops the weight substantially, and it could actually add up. Also, this would be much more appropriate for the weight game thread rather than this thread, although, I will say that regardless of weight, I really like the way your bike looked.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036348
Mobile Version of Website