Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 16:28 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Faux patina is lame.

Why paint something to look all scratched and beat up???

This

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
Christopop wrote:
diego-b wrote:
A-2WD wrote:

Sick! I hope chrome frames are making a comeback...always been a fan. Reminds me of my Norco Spitfire I had as a teen.
It's not chrome, is it?

No, it's like they repainted the original "tan"-coloured frame blue and then removed some of it again with sandpaper.
I don't like the look of it. The paint looks nasty, old and beaten up.

That's the idea of this paint scheme. This is also done on cars, motor bikes etc. I like it.

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 23:05 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
Christopop wrote:
diego-b wrote:

It's not chrome, is it?

No, it's like they repainted the original "tan"-coloured frame blue and then removed some of it again with sandpaper.

That's the idea of this paint scheme. This is also done on cars, motor bikes etc. I like it.

Yeah, it’s f*cking badass! Plus, there’s no such thing as natural patina on carbon

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 6:49 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Faux patina is lame.

Agreed. I used to do that when I built jet fighter models, to make them appear dirty or weathered. You dont really have to try with a mountain bike.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 7:06 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:
Faux patina is lame.

Agreed. I used to do that when I built jet fighter models, to make them appear dirty or weathered. You dont really have to try with a mountain bike.

my last carbon bike has paint chips and scratches everywhere, and from a distance you cant really see any of it, it still looks new. so i think actually painting it that way is different.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 7:34 Quote
Distressed Paint jobs have been a love-hate since forever

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 9:02 Quote
its-chris wrote:
 Jonathan-dawson-photography sent me a higher res picture of my trek slash 7 custom build enjoy
Rad to see this thing resurface 3 years on - was a great bike! Saw a whole load of abuse.

The Pivot I’m on now beats it’s performance in every respect, however.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Christopop wrote:
diego-b wrote:
A-2WD wrote:

Sick! I hope chrome frames are making a comeback...always been a fan. Reminds me of my Norco Spitfire I had as a teen.
It's not chrome, is it?

Ahh, I see it now. I thought the blue areas and the sanded lines were reflections of the sky lmao...time for some new specs. Geek

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
Awesome Bikes Fredro! What frame is that on the second one?! Lookin reeeeall sharp!

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 16:41 Quote
FLOWZ0NE wrote:
Awesome Bikes Fredro! What frame is that on the second one?! Lookin reeeeall sharp!
Eminent Cycles Haste
https://eminentcycles.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.053816
Mobile Version of Website