Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Cannondale needs to make a new Judge. all they have is boring ass trail bikes now.

and thats exactly why you sign someone like RatBoy to change that image. Just look what hes already done with Fabric and Royal already.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
joepuddle wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Cannondale needs to make a new Judge. all they have is boring ass trail bikes now.

and thats exactly why you sign someone like RatBoy to change that image. Just look what hes already done with Fabric and Royal already.

Fabric wasn't well known, and Royal was already insanely respected. They had this cool little known dude called Steven Peaty riding for them.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 12:31 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
That Ripmo does come in a nice shade of blue for you...

Don’t make me come down to the Dakota’s and smack ya Heel. Lol
No baby blue bikes for me. I’ll let the rest of you all look the same.

That Last bike does look very good and the weight is good for aluminum. All I was saying is if you can afford to build a bike light and durable (I does cost more) do it. That Last would be even better with a decal kit to cover the blue Last writing. Lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 13:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
joepuddle wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:

Fabric wasn't well known, and Royal was already insanely respected. They had this cool little known dude called Steven Peaty riding for them.
Who?

photo

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Rumor on the street is Ratboy to Cannondale but it is a rumor.

interesting that he parted ways with SC and is still riding them (including a new 5010 he just built up).

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PHeller wrote:
6.3lbs for a frame, if we're talking a size large, in alloy, is awesome. Especially something with 140mm travel.

My GG Smash is 7.1lbs without the shock.

It's not hard to build a 6lb alloy frame. We've been doing it for decades.

It is hard to build a reliable all mountain frame at 6lbs. That's why things weigh what they do. Get lighter if you want, but you need to understand there's always a trade off.

The Liteville 101 is pretty light for alloy around 6.5-7lbs for a large (although that's with shock).

The Nicolai Saturn 11 is similar.

The Last being almost that weight with far longer travel and designed around more rugged use is really impressive.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
hairy-g wrote:

photo
photo

Has anyone seen a single pivot URT setup that has the shock mount to the TT? Or at least a design that keeps the majority of the front triangle open for multiple bottles (or a bike bag?)

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
“Impressive” in isolation.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
PHeller wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

photo
photo

Has anyone seen a single pivot URT setup that has the shock mount to the TT? Or at least a design that keeps the majority of the front triangle open for multiple bottles (or a bike bag?)
The starling bikes can hold A bottle but that's it, like most frames I suppose.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
heinous wrote:
“Impressive” in isolation.

What is that supposed to mean?

You can find alloy frames less than 6.5lbs with 140mm travel designed for 140-160mm forks that don't cost $3,500? Or at least don't have wacky geo like Lenz (who makes legit lightweight alloy frames).

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
PHeller wrote:
[

URT? Why on earth you want a URT?

Terraplane is the only one I know of that is playing with a modern take on the URT.

https://www.instagram.com/terraplanebikes/

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:38 Quote
PHeller wrote:
sherbet wrote:
PHeller wrote:
6.3lbs for a frame, if we're talking a size large, in alloy, is awesome. Especially something with 140mm travel.

My GG Smash is 7.1lbs without the shock.

It's not hard to build a 6lb alloy frame. We've been doing it for decades.

It is hard to build a reliable all mountain frame at 6lbs. That's why things weigh what they do. Get lighter if you want, but you need to understand there's always a trade off.

The Liteville 101 is pretty light for alloy around 6.5-7lbs for a large (although that's with shock).

The Nicolai Saturn 11 is similar.

The Last being almost that weight with far longer travel and designed around more rugged use is really impressive.

All heavier than a carbon bike, with the only benefit being price at consumer level.

There is always a trade off. A lighter bike will almost always be less durable. Pick your poison.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 20:19 Quote
sosburn wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

interesting that he parted ways with SC and is still riding them (including a new 5010 he just built up).

His contract is up at the end of 2018. Having a blast on SC until then.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 0:05 Quote
kwapik wrote:
sosburn wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

His contract is up at the end of 2018. Having a blast on SC until then.

what i wouldnt give to trade spots with him flr that.....

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
sosburn wrote:

what i wouldnt give to trade spots with him flr that.....

Yeah, for sure. I think I'd be happy just to go riding with him.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039365
Mobile Version of Website