Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Hopefully they can get their distribution figured out and keep the frames from cracking. I really like the way they ride but wouldn't get another one until there is some long term feedback

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
Agree , Them Banshee are very Sexy indeed !

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
I'll say it - I think the new Banshee's look cheap...unless you get it in raw which looks fantastic:

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I'll say it - I think the new Banshee's look cheap...unless you get it in raw which looks fantastic:

You're on crack.

The forgings and hydroformed tubes are wicked on these.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
I agree that at first glance they look Walmart-ey but the close-ups are a different story. Still not a fan of the lower shock mount area. I bet the bikes rip

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
looks like a better design of those Niner RIP9s that came out earlier in the year.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
The Raw one is the sexiest for sure

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I agree that at first glance they look Walmart-ey but the close-ups are a different story. Still not a fan of the lower shock mount area. I bet the bikes rip

This. I'm not sure why, because they have a good amount of fancy manufacturing going into them, but they just come off as a being odd looking at first glance. Maybe its their color options that just don't look nearly as good as the raw.

I like the shock cage idea. Looks distinct and different from most bikes on the market.

It's cool that Banshee is still sticking to aluminum, but a shame that the prices have gone up so substantially. The Fugitive is $300 less expensive. My GG was $2200 (without shock).

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
PHeller wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

This. I'm not sure why, because they have a good amount of fancy manufacturing going into them, but they just come off as a being odd looking at first glance. Maybe its their color options that just don't look nearly as good as the raw.

I like the shock cage idea. Looks distinct and different from most bikes on the market.

It's cool that Banshee is still sticking to aluminum, but a shame that the prices have gone up so substantially. The Fugitive is $300 less expensive. My GG was $2200 (without shock).

If an aluminum bike was the same weight and price as a carbon bike, how would you - and everyone else here - feel about it? Is carbon still worth a little more?

Not trying to provoke, just curious how people feel about materials.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Personally if it is similar weight/price and function I would go for carbon over the Aluminum.

The problem is that most companies have been using Carbon as their "Premium" option and aluminum as the "budget" option and all the marketing pushed from this. We have been told it is so expensive to produce molds etc that carbon should be more expensive.

This makes resale of premium aluminum bikes difficult compared to carbon.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
I prefer carbon. I've broken aluminum wheels, aluminum frames, aluminum bars. I've never damaged any of these parts in carbon, despite riding harder now. Some of it is likely improved technique, but my carbon has been bombproof.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
id probably get carbon too just cause i can repair carbon if needed. 2 cents

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
Carbon for the placebo effect.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
My little kid told me that she thinks the welds on aluminum bikes are ugly Smile

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
If an aluminum bike was the same weight and price as a carbon bike, how would you - and everyone else here - feel about it? Is carbon still worth a little more?

Not trying to provoke, just curious how people feel about materials.

So many people just buy the marketing hype. They don't understand the materials, the manufacturing, or the design.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018925
Mobile Version of Website