Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
Umm not really. Sure the massive swingarm is polarizing, but the Tci looks fluid and organic while the Marin looks klunky, angle-y and generally a mess of links, bolts, and a horrible downtube kink jutting forward

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 1:11 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Umm not really. Sure the massive swingarm is polarizing, but the Tci looks fluid and organic while the Marin looks klunky, angle-y and generally a mess of links, bolts, and a horrible downtube kink jutting forward

They also both have awkward actual STAs that start way too far in front of the BB.

To me it looks like TCI tried to mimic Evils aesthetic recipe and forgot to add the f*cking bacon which ended up as a lettuce and tomato Marin sandwich, instead. I don’t doubt it’s a good bike, but it does not have naturally good looks.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
The actual STA is decent, it being in front of the BB is something we're used to seeing in Knolly etc.

I think it works, but to each their own

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Yep I’m very close to hitting the “buy now” button and waiting till next year for it to come. However no reviews as yet or suspension kinematic curves.

I took the risk with my stumpjumper Evo been one of the first to own one. Whilst the geo and fit is spot on, the rear suspension kinematic is poor and let’s down the rest of the bike. If I could get a similar geo with a progressive rear end then I’ve found the holy grail.

I would like an evo aswell but the suspension is also putting me off. I wonder if they’ll revamp the stumpjumper lineup to be more inline with the new enduro?

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Yep I’m very close to hitting the “buy now” button and waiting till next year for it to come. However no reviews as yet or suspension kinematic curves.

I took the risk with my stumpjumper Evo been one of the first to own one. Whilst the geo and fit is spot on, the rear suspension kinematic is poor and let’s down the rest of the bike. If I could get a similar geo with a progressive rear end then I’ve found the holy grail.

I would like an evo aswell but the suspension is also putting me off. I wonder if they’ll revamp the stumpjumper lineup to be more inline with the new enduro?

Unlikely in the next couple of years, since they presented current stumpies in 2018

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
sosburn wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Ugh.. beauty is definitely subjective

you trippin
those are slick.

Err.. Like I said, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

ninjatarian wrote:
If people think it’s slick, then I think the Marin Mount Vision deserves reconsideration.

nubbs wrote:
Photo
photo

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's a good riding bike, but I think it's ghastly looking. Isn't this the sexiest rides thread? Not the 50% of the bike makes up for the other 50% of the bike thread?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
You're just too focused on the swingarm, when that's the only similarity between the two, and even that is a stretch.

And going back to Evil being the "BLT", just look at it from the non-drive side and tell me with a straight face that the swingarm looks nice and elegant

photo

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

They also both have awkward actual STAs that start way too far in front of the BB.

To me it looks like TCI tried to mimic Evils aesthetic recipe and forgot to add the f*cking bacon which ended up as a lettuce and tomato Marin sandwich, instead. I don’t doubt it’s a good bike, but it does not have naturally good looks.

Any 29er with a decent amount travel basically has to have forward seattube. Otherwise the tire has nowhere to go. I found the mega tower to be way worse and very Knolly feeling when the seat was slammed.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
You're just too focused on the swingarm, when that's the only similarity between the two, and even that is a stretch.

And going back to Evil being the "BLT", just look at it from the non-drive side and tell me with a straight face that the swingarm looks nice and elegant

photo

Maybe, but still looks umpteen times better being lined up with the bb and without the awful bend to the chainstay IMO.
Again, looks are subjective, but the word 'sexiest' certainly doesn't seem plausible when I look at that bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

Any 29er with a decent amount travel basically has to have forward seattube. Otherwise the tire has nowhere to go. I found the mega tower to be way worse and very Knolly feeling when the seat was slammed.
knolly feeling?

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Brasher wrote:

glad im not the only one who didnt get along with that rear suspension. Really wanted to like the bike but couldnt get the rear to work for me with varied settings on the dpx2

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
I'm gonna have to get in my kick too, that TCI isn't pretty. Then again, are any swingarm based single-pivots pretty? We're so used to seeing bikes with separate chainstays and seatstays that I think anything outside that mold is hard to love.

The Evil and others get away with it by turning the rear swing-arm into a "Faux-Stay" design, recreating chain stays and seatstays as separate lines, even if they are the same unit.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
skivt27 wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

knolly feeling?

Really slack actual seattube. Is what I mean by Knolly feeling.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
I just want someone to take a TCI and put a Trust fork and some Spengle wheels on it.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
Brasher wrote:

glad im not the only one who didnt get along with that rear suspension. Really wanted to like the bike but couldnt get the rear to work for me with varied settings on the dpx2

Coil was too linear, big air can cane creek was better but still not a plush feeling at all. I’m now gonna try an EXT storia and if that doesn’t work the frame is up for Sale. I’ve found a mega tower cc for a good deal but heard that rear suspension has its quibbles.

I’m thinking of going back to DW link or split pivot designs. I know they work well for a big boy like me.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.259398
Mobile Version of Website