Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Author Message
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
That bike deserves better than a Nic on the front.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Nic's been an absolutely great tire for the dirt around here. Rolls hella fast and fairly predictable. Remember, your dirt isn't their dirt.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Nic's been an absolutely great tire for the dirt around here. Rolls hella fast and fairly predictable. Remember, your dirt isn't their dirt.

A valid point, but would a Patrol also make sense for the areas that are well-served by a Nic on the front?

The (mis?)match between the tires and the rest of the bike is ... well, it's difficult for me to envision trails where that complete set-up is optimal, but maybe it's possible.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
Nic is fine...it just explodes at the sight of anything rocky (in my experience)...

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
aribr wrote:
Nic is fine...it just explodes at the sight of anything rocky (in my experience)...

Idk, I was concerned about my NN 2.2s on my last bike trip, but they help up like champs. Extremely rocky descents.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Nic's been an absolutely great tire for the dirt around here. Rolls hella fast and fairly predictable. Remember, your dirt isn't their dirt.

I run Nics front and rear a lot of the year here. Except when it is sloppy out dirt is fairly packed down and they suit it really well

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
PHeller wrote:

Privateer 161

Hawt!

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
That is one nice looking bike. That is going on a short list for my next ride.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
Finally a bike that deserves to be in this thread! That is one sexy rig

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
Yep I’m very close to hitting the “buy now” button and waiting till next year for it to come. However no reviews as yet or suspension kinematic curves.

I took the risk with my stumpjumper Evo been one of the first to own one. Whilst the geo and fit is spot on, the rear suspension kinematic is poor and let’s down the rest of the bike. If I could get a similar geo with a progressive rear end then I’ve found the holy grail.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
shame you can get 27.5 with only the smallest size

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Yep I’m very close to hitting the “buy now” button and waiting till next year for it to come. However no reviews as yet or suspension kinematic curves.

I took the risk with my stumpjumper Evo been one of the first to own one. Whilst the geo and fit is spot on, the rear suspension kinematic is poor and let’s down the rest of the bike. If I could get a similar geo with a progressive rear end then I’ve found the holy grail.

Summary of the Privateer kinematics, compared to AM/enduro bikes released in the last few years:

• Motion ratio: Slightly higher than average (i.e. slightly low leverage). Moderately progressive with a nearly constant curve.
• Pedaling anti-squat: Very high.
• Brake squat (AKA "anti-rise"): Very low.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
Ugh.. beauty is definitely subjective


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021505
Mobile Version of Website