Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
I just want someone to take a TCI and put a Trust fork and some Spengle wheels on it.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Yep I’m very close to hitting the “buy now” button and waiting till next year for it to come. However no reviews as yet or suspension kinematic curves.

I took the risk with my stumpjumper Evo been one of the first to own one. Whilst the geo and fit is spot on, the rear suspension kinematic is poor and let’s down the rest of the bike. If I could get a similar geo with a progressive rear end then I’ve found the holy grail.

I would like an evo aswell but the suspension is also putting me off. I wonder if they’ll revamp the stumpjumper lineup to be more inline with the new enduro?

glad im not the only one who didnt get along with that rear suspension. Really wanted to like the bike but couldnt get the rear to work for me with varied settings on the dpx2

Coil was too linear, big air can cane creek was better but still not a plush feeling at all. I’m now gonna try an EXT storia and if that doesn’t work the frame is up for Sale. I’ve found a mega tower cc for a good deal but heard that rear suspension has its quibbles.

I’m thinking of going back to DW link or split pivot designs. I know they work well for a big boy like me.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I’m thinking of going back to DW link or split pivot designs. I know they work well for a big boy like me.

It's not the type of suspension layout, it's how it's configured.

Your SJ EVO has a high leverage ratio and is quite linear. Not surprising the stock configuration struggled to support a big rider.

My Bird AM9 is also a Horst, yet the leverage ratio is low and the leverage curve is one of the most progressive out there. Same layout, but very different result.

It's not surprising the Cane Creek shock wasn't super plush: unless a Cane Creek shock as their LinEAir can, the negative spring is small, so the off-the-top feeling isn't great. Again, this wasn't due to the suspension layout, it was due to your set-up.

If you get the Storia, ensure it's the V3 with the HBC bottom-out damper. Better yet, get the Arma with adjustable HBC so you can crank up the bottom-out control, which the SJ EVO really needs.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
lets stick to the thread topic.

Megatower

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Brasher wrote:

Your SJ EVO has a high leverage ratio and is quite linear. Not surprising it's struggling to support a big rider.

My Bird AM9 is also a Horst, yet the leverage ratio is low and the leverage curve is one of the most progressive out there. Same layout, but very different result.

It's not surprising the Can Creek shock wasn't super plush: unless a Cane Creek shock as their LinEAir can, the negative spring is small, so the off-the-top feeling isn't great. Again, this wasn't due to the suspension layout, it was due to your set-up.

If you get the Storia, ensure it's the V3 with the HBC bottom-out damper. Better yet, get the Arma with adjustable HBC so you can crank up the bottom-out control, which the SJ EVO really needs.

Music to my ears if I had one

Top work RMR, getting forum users bikes 'set to party' tup

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Music to my ears if I had one

Top work RMR, getting forum users bikes 'set to party' tup

Salute

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Brasher wrote:

Your SJ EVO has a high leverage ratio and is quite linear. Not surprising the stock configuration struggled to support a big rider.

It's not surprising the Cane Creek shock wasn't super plush: unless a Cane Creek shock as their LinEAir can, the negative spring is small, so the off-the-top feeling isn't great. Again, this wasn't due to the suspension layout, it was due to your set-up.

3 different shocks, with a myriad of settings, numerous spring rates and setups trialled and documented. All felt like varying grades of rubbish lol. I’m even pessimistic of the Ext to be honest.

Every other bike I have is absolutely dialled when it comes to suspension, without sounding like a wanker, It isn’t my ability to turn a clicker or set sag put it that way. This fsr rear end just doesn’t do it for me.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Brasher wrote:
3 different shocks, with a myriad of settings, numerous spring rates and setups trialled and documented. All felt like varying grades of rubbish lol. I’m even pessimistic of the Ext to be honest.

Every other bike I have is absolutely dialled when it comes to suspension, without sounding like a wanker, It isn’t my ability to turn a clicker or set sag put it that way. This fsr rear end just doesn’t do it for me.

I'm not saying the SJ has the best kinematics. Rather disappointing, to be honest. Just trying to clarify that it's a matter of the kinematics of this configuration, not inherent to the Horst link design.

To get more specific, though, did you ever try a shock with an extremely large negative spring (ex. Super Deluxe with MegNeg or Fox with Corset) and a High compression tune? If all the shocks you tried had a Medium compression damper tune, then it wouldn't matter how many shocks you've tried.

There may be a lot of potential left to explore.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
sosburn wrote:
lets stick to the thread topic.

Megatower

Ahh..that's better Smile

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
[Quote="R-M-R"][Quote="Brasher"]
R-M-R wrote:

No offense but please continue your conversation elsewhere, this thread is mainly for photos.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
[Quote="sosburn"][Quote="R-M-R"]
Brasher wrote:

No offense but please continue your conversation elsewhere, this thread is mainly for photos.

Yes..sexiest bikes..not longest paragraphs.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 18:53 Quote
sosburn wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yes..sexiest bikes..not longest paragraphs.

Didn't realize scrolling was so difficult for some people.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
While I have great respect for you and your obvious deep knowledge on bicycles, this thread is for posting photos of sexy bikes. Scrolling through pages of text..after pages of text, just takes away from the awesomeness of the thread..and is frankly a little annoying.

On topic!

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
ditch those red DT decals on the rims and its a 10/10

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 21:13 Quote
Lmao that’s my bike

Sexy minus the rear suspension, 7/10
The S2 and carbon frames look way better to me. The seat tube junction on the s3 a bit funky looking.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028287
Mobile Version of Website