Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
This should be polarizing. Taken from Pinkbikes instagram account.

From Pinkbike Instagram

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
Why does it say demo? It's an Enduro

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:53 Quote
I think the Trust fork is a demo.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Why does it say demo? It's an Enduro

Badumptssss

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
I think that is now the second bike ive seen a Shout on that actually looks good. Hmm....

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
Honestly if I had an unlimited amount of money I'd build up a Chromag Doctahawk with a Trust Shout

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Honestly if I had an unlimited amount of money I'd build up a Chromag Doctahawk with a Trust Shout

I think Fanatik or some shop tried that, didnt recommend

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
sosburn wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

I think Fanatik or some shop tried that, didn't recommend

That fork would look insane on something that slack.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
sosburn wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

I think Fanatik or some shop tried that, didn't recommend

That fork would look insane on something that slack.

Exactly why I want to try it. And if I remember correctly, linkage forks work quite well on hardtails due to the changing trail as the suspension compresses. I'm no engineer so don't quote me on that

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Exactly why I want to try it. And if I remember correctly, linkage forks work quite well on hardtails due to the changing trail as the suspension compresses. I'm no engineer so don't quote me on that

When the fork compresses on a hardtail, it's always in pitch (one end only, as opposed to "heave", which is both ends simultaneously), maximizing the negative effects of dive. So yes, linkage systems can work well on hardtails, but hardtails generally have less travel, which limits the effect. Linkage systems are comparably beneficial with or without rear suspension.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
That is an interesting thought. I know the appeal that is marketed is that you have a different axle path than traditional telescopic fork to deal with square edge hits better but I never had thought about how that would alter trail until now which it obviously has to.

My buddies shop was lent one from Trust a while ago and he just took it down to Moab for a couple of weeks and was very impressed with the performance especially with regard to square edge hits like they claim. However I also know someone who rides lot of freeride and bigger jumps and he bought one and rode it for a while and it was not for him at all so he sold it. Said off of lips it was very squirrly and unpredictable. Granted he is not a suspension guru like my other buddy is so it could have been primarily due to setup.

Here is his bike which I think is pretty sexy other than the uncut steer tube (Demo Fork) but that EXT Storia makes up for it.

Range 29 with Trust Shout and EXT Storia V3 Shock

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
That is an interesting thought. I know the appeal that is marketed is that you have a different axle path than traditional telescopic fork to deal with square edge hits better but I never had thought about how that would alter trail until now which it obviously has to.

My buddies shop was lent one from Trust a while ago and he just took it down to Moab for a couple of weeks and was very impressed with the performance especially with regard to square edge hits like they claim. However I also know someone who rides lot of freeride and bigger jumps and he bought one and rode it for a while and it was not for him at all so he sold it. Said off of lips it was very squirrly and unpredictable. Granted he is not a suspension guru like my other buddy is so it could have been primarily due to setup.

Here is his bike which I think is pretty sexy other than the uncut steer tube (Demo Fork) but that EXT Storia makes up for it.

Range 29 with Trust Shout and EXT Storia V3 Shock

Yeah, the fork is the only detractor from that bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
I guess I will have to repost it in a couple months when it has a different fork on it that matches the shock a little bit better . . . .. Wink

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:

The possible benefits of linkage forks go far beyond just the axle path. The designer has control over:

• Axle path / compliance: it's not constrained to moving in a straight line.
• Brake dive: with traditional forks, about 30% of the brake force is compresses the fork as dive (plus the rider's weight shift); linkage forks can have as much or little resistance to dive as the designer wants.
• Friction: Moves on bearings, instead of sliding on linear bushings.
• Motion ratio: Doesn't have to be an inherently linear, 1:1 ratio.
• Bump steer: Some linkage systems can have different steering input:output ratios at different points in the travel.

There are many ways they can improve on telescoping forks, but also a lot of opportunities to get it wrong and create an expensive mess.

To keep on topic with this thread, another problem is the appearance: people are used to telescoping forks and linkage designs aren't always the prettiest things. Maybe we'll eventually think telescoping forks loop primitive or cheap. Maybe not. If you were riding in the '80s, though, people used to feel telescoping suspension forks were an abomination, so you never know!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035555
Mobile Version of Website