Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
It has good lines but but the details ruin it.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
PHeller wrote:
IIRC Cannondale's patent expires soon, it was first submitted back in 1998.

I kinda forgot that the Cannondale Moto actually utilized roller bearings on a square stanchion in traditional dual-leg format. They utilize two dampers, one in each leg, which would be a bit frivolous today.

I actually think the thing that has hurt the Lefty the most is its utilization of a special hub. Adroit is claiming they've developed a way of using a normal hub and 15mm axle on their single sided linkage fork. If only Cannondale had done something similar with the Lefty it might have helds its popularity.
.IIRC patents only last 20 years

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
rtclark wrote:
Sunn w/ formula fork

Gets worse the longer you look at it. The headtube is the knockout punch.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Gets worse the longer you look at it. The headtube is the knockout punch.

Sunn really let the industrial designer run the show on this one.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 5:09 Quote
PHeller wrote:
IIRC Cannondale's patent expires soon, it was first submitted back in 1998.

I kinda forgot that the Cannondale Moto actually utilized roller bearings on a square stanchion in traditional dual-leg format. They utilize two dampers, one in each leg, which would be a bit frivolous today.

I actually think the thing that has hurt the Lefty the most is its utilization of a special hub. Adroit is claiming they've developed a way of using a normal hub and 15mm axle on their single sided linkage fork. If only Cannondale had done something similar with the Lefty it might have helds its popularity.
I think the Lefty predates through axle hubs which is probably why they ended up doing things the way they did.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
2020 Norco Sight.
Montucky Cold Snacks are amazing.

Dkidds bikes are always friggin top notch..this is no exception. The headtube badge is some nice icing on that yellow cake

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
Norco's 2020 line up is looking amazing. If i were in the market for a new bike the Sight would be first on my list to try

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Dkidds bikes are always friggin top notch..this is no exception. The headtube badge is some nice icing on that yellow cake

When I first glanced at the badge - I thought it was whattheheel's bike

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
wrote:
kwapik wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Nah, it's too big for him Wink

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
kwapik wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Yeah but Dkidd is one tall dude. But that HT badge is the clincher tho! Great job Dkidd! You did get a spare for me tho???

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Yeah but Dkidd is one tall dude. But that HT badge is the clincher tho! Great job Dkidd! You did get a spare for me tho???

Get in line heel Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019237
Mobile Version of Website