Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
metaam wrote:
Is that a Rocky Mountain or a Santa Cruz? Cause to me it's a blur.
Rocky, slayer maybe?

The Slayer? Aw snap!

Hate to say it, but I called it

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Rocky, slayer maybe?

The Slayer? Aw snap!

I still want one. Badly.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
Pretty surprised. Where as Pole's failure was sending out a part that maybe hadn't been tested, you can be sure that Rocky Mountain has thoroughly tested and beaten on the new Slayer.

Which is worse? Personally, I'd rather a company say "ahhh crap we sent the bike with the wrong rear triangle and it's definitely weaker" vs "we don't know what happened, but we suspect the axle."

Great, so if I just got a new Slayer, do I need to replace the axle, the chainstay, the seatstay, the bearings?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

The Slayer? Aw snap!

I still want one. Badly.
Eager to live up to your username?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

The Slayer? Aw snap!

I still want one. Badly.

I'd probably wait a few months to see if it was just a lemon or if this is going to be a common issue with them

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Pretty surprised. Where as Pole's failure was sending out a part that maybe hadn't been tested, you can be sure that Rocky Mountain has thoroughly tested and beaten on the new Slayer.

Which is worse? Personally, I'd rather a company say "ahhh crap we sent the bike with the wrong rear triangle and it's definitely weaker" vs "we don't know what happened, but we suspect the axle."

Great, so if I just got a new Slayer, do I need to replace the axle, the chainstay, the seatstay, the bearings?

The bike. Wink

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Rocky, slayer maybe?

The Slayer? Aw snap!

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

The Slayer? Aw snap!

photo

Thank you, it was delicious

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
dkidd wrote:
PHeller wrote:
The bike. Wink

Okay, that was funny. But to be fair to Rocky, the broken axle theory sounds plausible.

matt-15 wrote:
I'd probably wait a few months to see if it was just a lemon or if this is going to be a common issue with them

Exactly. A recall notice wouldn't be surprising.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
I can’t blame the bike for failing, my altitude had constant problems, two different rear triangles in the first 6 months, several linkage bolts and 3 bearing swaps. And a slight crack in the headtube. Still my favorite bike

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Newer Altitude or older model?

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
PHeller wrote:

I don't like companies sending "pre production" stuff for reviews. I've got some respect for Rocky because they're not trying to pull any crappy excuses. So far at least, going to wait on their follow up before passing judgement.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
The eeWings looks so sick. I can't wait to get the ones I have on order. Last piece of the puzzle for my bike build. Only thing I would change on that Transition is the rear shock to a DB coil just to have consistency with fork and cranks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033207
Mobile Version of Website