Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
Have had a Transfer for 3 seasons and did a basic service once and have had zero problems with it. Going with the Oneup on my current build for following reasons; 1. Price 2. Shortest Stack height of all droppers on market. 3. Adjustable in 10mm increments so can get dialed to exactly where I want it. 4. Replacement cartridge is $60.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
I have 1.5years on my brand x post simple and cheap it goes up and down maybe a little slower but zero issues since install.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
9point8 is one of the few with offset.

photo

I'm disappointed that OneUp won't do an offset option, otherwise I'd go with theirs.

photo

I'm actually kind of surprised BikeYoke doesn't do an offset option, either, as they are usually pretty supportive of niche rider preferences.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
PHeller wrote:
9point8 is one of the few with offset.

photo

I'm disappointed that OneUp won't do an offset option, otherwise I'd go with theirs.

photo

I'm actually kind of surprised BikeYoke doesn't do an offset option, either, as they are usually pretty supportive of niche rider preferences.

Do they make one with forward offset?? I have been looking for a post with this feature for years now.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
The Fall Line can be rigged up for forward offset, yes.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
I believe you can purchase different head for the posts separately

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seems like the Reverb is the failure associated post these days.

Bikeyoke, fox, etc are all great but don't sleep on the PNW posts, they're relatively cheap and very reliable, as well as making a 200mm post.
IIRC these are the same as the giant and bonty posts everyone rips on...

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
No love for the Tellis??

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
PHeller wrote:
The Fall Line can be rigged up for forward offset, yes.
Sold.

i wish I knew about this years ago, would have saved me from buying a couple different frames lol.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Bikeyoke, fox, etc are all great but don't sleep on the PNW posts, they're relatively cheap and very reliable, as well as making a 200mm post.

I'm a 9point8 die-hard, simply because they are made so close by, and easy to service at home. That said I know some have had issues.

I have had zero issues with the transfer. If 9point8 wasn't around, I would also consider OneUp.

I have had 3 9.8's. All failed in some way. Between brakes slipping and leaking air. Sure they are user serviceable, but If I have to service them every other month, what is the point?

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I'm a 9point8 die-hard, simply because they are made so close by, and easy to service at home. That said I know some have had issues.

I have had zero issues with the transfer. If 9point8 wasn't around, I would also consider OneUp.

I have had 3 9.8's. All failed in some way. Between brakes slipping and leaking air. Sure they are user serviceable, but If I have to service them every other month, what is the point?

My first needed 3 warranty jobs before it worked well, and continued to work well after for two seasons.

My second was mint beginning to end for an entire season so far, and then some.

9point8 had about 6 months of production with some inferior internal seals that caused slip. After this they changed their testing practises to ensure every batch of parts get tested before being used. This was the cause of the major slip issues they had. They warrantied these issues, and paid shipping to and from for me. Took two times before they totally figured out the issue themselves. The third was for leaking air, which was fixed with updated seals. The newer post was unaffected by all these things. But I understand anyone having frustration, as I certainly did. Service every time was awesome though.

The mechanical brake is superior imho. They offer low insertion depth compared to many, and me shimmed to pretty much any size (not just 10mm increments), have numerous heads and offset options. Good service, made local, and easy to maintain. There is a lot to like currently. But I get it if you are caught up on previous post failure.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
I think one of the things that bugged me about 9.8's design was that the brake lacked a fail safe. If they had some sort of indexed, say, a groove that a slipping brake could grab, it would at least allow you ride similarly to a Command Post. That's the irony of 9.8's problems - they were the complete opposite of most posts that have issues with losing air.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
That is so damn sweet!! I just wish they'd thin out that seat tube mast monstrosity.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Agreed but they do look slightly better in person.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.075255
Mobile Version of Website