Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
redrider522 wrote:
traqs wrote:
rtclark wrote:
photo

damn, thats a beut

It looks good, but they have some extra dampening with that spare tube location. lol

Looks like a fresh rig..guessing this person hasn't yet ridden the bike. I learned quickly to keep it mounted further up the top tube hehe

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
Transition

Oh man that is nice. Red accents would look better if they had left the spokes black though, but might just be me. I just think any spokes that aren’t black are too flashy, I’d rather have the rim decals fitting the rest of the bike usually.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
Upduro wrote:
marin8ted wrote:
Transition
Oh man that is nice. Red accents would look better if they had left the spokes black though, but might just be me. I just think any spokes that aren’t black are too flashy, I’d rather have the rim decals fitting the rest of the bike usually.

Or take it further by mirroring the red spokes to make a Canadian* flag, but perhaps I have a bias!

* Or Peruvian or Austrian, I suppose.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
photo

Those bearing caps look almost fake.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Upduro wrote:
marin8ted wrote:
Transition

I guess the owner really wanted to be able to locate the valve stems Smile

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
photo

Ooooh c'mon you can fit a few more spacers under that stem, saves on buying riser bars I suppose.
Paint it turquoise then you got something, then you be Flossin'.

... Taking photos of your bike with the seat post all the way up is really saying: "Look at my sick Enduro bike that I could
be hukking the gnar on, but really I just grind up fire roads in South Dakota, because I'm full XC."

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 15:47 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Ooooh c'mon you can fit a few more spacers under that stem [ ... ]

Nearly every rider I see on a Large has some spacers and most riders on XL have a tower and wish for more. The few riders on Large or XL who want less stack can use a wide, flat bar (which I happen to think looks good, in keeping with the theme of the thread).

So, do we all agree large sizes need more stack than current norms or am I off the mark here?

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Nearly every rider I see on a Large has some spacers and most riders on XL have a tower and wish for more. The few riders on Large or XL who want less stack can use a wide, flat bar (which I happen to think looks good, in keeping with the theme of the thread).

So, do we all agree large sizes need more stack than current norms or am I off the mark here?

agreed Frown currently wishing for riser bars with more rise

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Ooooh c'mon you can fit a few more spacers under that stem, saves on buying riser bars I suppose.

... Taking photos of your bike with the seat post all the way up is really saying: "Look at my sick Enduro bike that I could
be hukking the gnar on, but really I just grind up fire roads in South Dakota, because I'm full XC."[/Quote]

Uhhh, ok ?? All that aside, it still looks great. Enjoy it

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 17:46 Quote
Head Tubes are getting shorter.. It's the New, Cool look of frames... Session has one so you know.
Look back at some older frame designs, you'll see longer head tubes, and taller stacks. So yah, spacers it is.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Head Tubes are getting shorter.. It's the New, Cool look of frames... Session has one so you know.
Look back at some older frame designs, you'll see longer head tubes, and taller stacks. So yah, spacers it is.

That's because wheels were smaller and travel was usually a bit less. 70 mm less wheel and 10 mm less travel will have that effect on a head tube.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
marin8ted wrote:
photo

be hukking the gnar on, but really I just grind up fire roads in South Dakota, because I'm full XC."

Hey, maybe lay off the hater-ade and go ridayobike.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
marin8ted wrote:
photo

Hey, maybe lay off the hater-ade and go ridayobike.

Ok will do, You go get Gnarly in Nanaimo Budd.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 3:48 Quote
sosburn wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

agreed Frown currently wishing for riser bars with more rise

Well I have 0mm spacers and 25mm rise bar on my large Evolink. I think I'll try a lower bars or a lower stack cover on the headset.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

I always felt like taking pictures of your bike with the seat slammed was like saying "I run my seat super low on my Enduro bike because I want people to think I'm enduro but in reality I could never do enduro because I never actually pedal my bike."

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030765
Mobile Version of Website